• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fix Fellowships Perks UI

Cleo7311

Am I the only archmage with three separate unplanned perk activations? 2 in one world, 1 in a second, none so far in the third. In only one case did did they even realize and report the mistake. There needs to be a confirmation step added when mages click on a perk - not realizing that that green tab does not mean go, but rather it is armed and dangerous to touch it.

I post this here because there seems to be no interest in my change request except to combine with this request.

Sprite1313

Am I the only archmage with three separate unplanned perk activations? 2 in one world, 1 in a second, none so far in the third. In only one case did did they even realize and report the mistake. There needs to be a confirmation step added when mages click on a perk - not realizing that that green tab does not mean go, but rather it is armed and dangerous to touch it.

I post this here because there seems to be no interest in my change request except to combine with this request.
We have not had any misfires in my FS, but I do agree this is an appropriate place to have a confirm button. It certainly makes more sense than having to confirm posting a trade multiple times.

Cleo7311

Are the misfires in part caused by mages trying to check the tournament / spire storage levels? It appears to me that such info is available ONLY during active periods when checking the current progress of the current level and is only available from the spire or tournament screens - the progress bar with green plus is NOT visible from the perks tab. The only purpose of the perks tab seems to be to check how many points have been earned and whether to spend them or not.
Adding other functions to the perks tab will only cause more trouble unless careful verification steps are added before a perk can be enabled.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My initial reaction to this was "this isn't really a problem" because my none of my FS triggered any misfires either. I thought maybe it's a matter of the mages needing to take the time to learn their new powers and responsibilities, especially if it's already happened once. But then I realized in my own graphics, I've used the "grey" portion as a decorative banner when it was in fact an inactive button state. So perhaps yes, it is confusing and not obvious the green part is a button. It also means I have to redo the graphics and it's a bit more complicated to put together. Therefore, I'm going to do what I do best and put it off until tomorrow, the day after, or whenever I get around to it. The Snacks tab comes after we're allowed to trade snacks first so I'm still waiting for the Trader listing proposal to get passed first.

crackie

Ok, I've made changes. I've made the XP button resemble the ubiquitous green button so you can't mistake it for anything but a button. Hopefully, that's enough to prevent misclicks? I mean, they're just mockups to convey what we want, but I could be way off mark! :) Only 9 more levels for my fake FS to catch up to the productivity of helya and her MiniMes...

Here's before/after:

Before...
perkUIfix.jpg

After...
perksUIfix_v2.jpg

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Ok, I've made changes. I've made the XP button resemble the ubiquitous green button so you can't mistake it for anything but a button. Hopefully, that's enough to prevent misclicks? I mean, they're just mockups to convey what we want, but I could be way off mark! :) Only 9 more levels for my fake FS to catch up to the productivity of helya and her MiniMes...

Here's before/after:

Before...
View attachment 11672
After...
View attachment 11674

NICE I like that!

Sprite1313

They may have fixed the first part (no green button from the city view during tournament). Here is the current view city view (on mobile):
2FA238C6-4078-418D-BE99-A3DABF601FE9.jpeg

Is this another mobile vs PC display disparity? Sorry, didn’t check PC today.

Cleo7311

The simplest way to reduce accidental perk choices is to add the same type notice to the activity list that says Player xxx Pulled the Flag in Adventure Level _ at time x:zz. Should be simple to implement and then it is obvious who has duty cleaning the orc's barracks this month!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The simplest way to reduce accidental perk choices is to add the same type notice to the activity list that says Player xxx Pulled the Flag in Adventure Level _ at time x:zz. Should be simple to implement and then it is obvious who has duty cleaning the orc's barracks this month!
Lol Cleo that's excellent :)

Cleo7311

Apparently on mobile the perk selection buttons are extremely close to other menus. Can someone confirm this? Using a phone with a small screen could be a major source of the unplanned picks. I am 99% browser PC.
How many fixes are needed now?

Sprite1313

Apparently on mobile the perk selection buttons are extremely close to other menus. Can someone confirm this? Using a phone with a small screen could be a major source of the unplanned picks. I am 99% browser PC.
How many fixes are needed now?
I just checked on my phone (normally I play on iPad for mobile). The perk selection options (not the green +, but the selection of the perk to which you want to apply your fellowship experience points) is pretty close to the menu tabs. My thumb can cover both (and I don't have huge thumbs), so I could see this being an issue for those primarily playing on phone.

Cleo7311

With all three of my FS having unplanned selections in the last week, it may get much worse in coming weeks. Only one player noticed what they did and reported immediately. No idea yet if the other two even realized what they did. Whenever a FS tries to develop one perk over the others there are longer and longer periods when the unwanted perks are on hair trigger while the desired one is still well short.
Ideas?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As long as the stored points for the Spire and tournament perks cannot be seen from the Perks tab, there is no reason for anyone other than the AM to even look at it or to click on any of the perks. If the stored points are ever displayed there, you can bet the accidental clicks by Mages will go way up.

Cleo7311

The perk activation screen is so easy to mis-trigger that I don't look at it much as archmage . The furball in residence decided she wanted cuddles just as I was doing a reset last week.
My suggestion is that all mages & the archmage, avoid the perk tab entirely. Instead, we could assign ONE active player below Mage to report how many points we have available every few days. The activation tabs should be off for them but they can see how much we have earned. Most of my FS are voting to increase one stack, so we will have a long period when that choice is still short, but others are alive and dangerous.

For this to work, all mages would have to be sure to NOT promote that volunteer scout to mage .

Is there a gotcha buried here?

Some mages are still needed to manage the end of spire / tournament actions - spend or save the points for an even bigger reward. My FS use progress reports every day to estimate how many chests we will open at the current pace, so we avoid spending tournament points until Saturday afternoon.

crackie

Now that the Trader Listing proposal has been forwarded and we're playing the waiting game for helya to crush our hopes and aspirations, it's time to work my second legislative agenda to fix the Perks UI. I have updated it to include the notification announcement suggestion as proposed by @Cleo7311.

PerkUINotification.png

Last edited:

crackie

@helya I guess we might as well go to voting with this too. Two horses in the Ideas & Suggestions race for a double helping of future disappointments!