• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

----Flash----

CanDaMan

Chrome used to be the least memory intensive but Firefox became better a while ago.

I use Opera browser and 7, I don't have too many issues. Opera is 'light weight', so it doesn't hog all of your system resources. You can also go to settings in the game, and turn off (or down) things like video resolution, and anything that hogs your memory. If you have any questions about any of the settings, ask away! Just remember, it's a tablet,and probably has little memory to begin with, and it's older so it might also be pretty cheap to max out your memory, which always helps (up to 4GB in win. 7 - 32 bit).

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Can someone clarify, is flash no longer being supported going to mean (for elvenar) that it flat out will no longer run on flash after dec 31? Or that its no longer maintained/updated and could get progressively more problematic (like an OS being discontinued)?
I wonder because one of my cities i play on my second comp; an older comp. 2007 iir, running XP. Its honestly a good comp and still working fine, but has issues keeping up with todays tech. So when it switches elvenar to html5 it cant keep up. The lag is beyond tremendous. Given the age of the comp, i dont blame it or anything. But thats why iv kept that comp running on flash for elvenar. So id like to know what to expect.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I wonder because one of my cities i play on my second comp; an older comp. 2007 iir, running XP.

You are an exception with your legacy operating system. Windows won't remove flash on you since you no longer get updates, and the browser version you use will not update for your specs, so you should be safe there as well. As for what the Elvenar team decides to do, that is the question. They may remove their flash codebase, because no one (besides you legacy users) would be able to use the flash codebase anyway.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You are an exception with your legacy operating system. Windows won't remove flash on you since you no longer get updates, and the browser version you use will not update for your specs, so you should be safe there as well. As for what the Elvenar team decides to do, that is the question. They may remove their flash codebase, because no one (besides you legacy users) would be able to use the flash codebase anyway.
i cant say i would blame elvenar if they removed it. Consolidated there resources.

I do have one other tower that runs win7 i think it was. Its a good machine but it keeps randomly crashing. And that gets annoying real quick. So far i havnt been able to figure out why it keeps doing that.
I get the usual 'if youve installed new hardware recently' message, but thats never been the case.

LutherTheHairy

On mobile, there is the less featured and clunkier in some ways app that can be used, but when I try to use the html5 version in a browser on mobile (iOS...tried safari, Firefox and Chrome) the city and world map screens do not render. So html5 support is incomplete.