• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Floating Neighborhood Based Upon Rank

DeletedUser8850

I know that there have been a lot of complaints on the forum about people being surrounded by dead cities / neighbors, and equally find that this subtracts from the quality of the game experience. Why not simply provide a 'floating regional' map where you are surrounded by those in your rank. By example if you have 60 visible neighbors, you can see the 30 below/above your rank; This would cause all "dead start" cities to be grouped at the bottom, where any player could shift out of in the first hour of game play (on the most part).

Equally, for those in higher ranks, would provide that much more potential for higher ranked players to make meaningful neighboring connections as the game moves advanced into the later stages. Though, I think most importantly, as your city grows, so do your visible neighbors, this would be a much more fluid experience IMO.

This would be extremely simple from a programming perspective to implement and vastly improve game experience , if you are reading this thread and like the idea please like / reply etc.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The only issue I have with this is that the current ranking system is very flawed. Other than that, it's a pretty cool concept.
Back when player movement was introduced (November I think?) We told the devs that moving active players together can only work if you first move inactives out of the way. It's been 8 months though, so who knows what they're planning (if anything)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8850

While there maybe flaws in how current rank is calculated, it would still very much be a huge improvement and solve the problem of being surrounded by dead cities. Equally, from a development standpoint, it would be far easier to implement over re-organizing from pulling dead cities.

I think it would also add a really fun element if you are climbing the rank ladder with a new city (for those who are more dedicated to the game over highly casual players), in that you are given a very visual accompaniment to your rank.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Equally, from a development standpoint, it would be far easier to implement over re-organizing from pulling dead cities.
I'm not a coder by any means, but they have already written a code that detects "active" players, and moves them automatically to the hex closest to the middle of the map that is open(and has the same boosts).
I would think that reversing the code to detect "inactives" and move them automatically to the first hex away from the middle shouldn't be that hard.