• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FOE (forge of Empires) vs Elenar

• Thread starter DeletedUser21727
  • Start date

DeletedUser21727

OK folks...IMHO start plying FOE (Forger Of Empires)!!!
Same Company (InnoGames) but by far way better.
10 reasons why FOE is better than Elvenar.
1. Special Events: Longer time to complete special events.
2. Special Events: Quest Items more relevant to your city.
3, Special Events: More opportunities to gain prizes and points to completing main prizes
4. Rewards vs Goods/Supplies/Coin ratio far better. More rewards.
5. Upgrade of buildings easier to get, less diamonds.
6. Guilds: More influential.
7. Guilds: More interactive and helpful in gaining Greater Buildings. More productive interaction.
8. Greater Buildings have more influential buffs for your city.
9. "Incidences" daily reward findings by searching city map. Great rewards and findings.
10. Guild Expeditions and Guild Battlegrounds: Again, more relevant rewards and buffs for your city.
PVP is not an issue as far as city damage and minimal consequences are concerned.
There are other benefits but why spoil the surprises. Game play, diamonds/Gems easier to come by, more guild interaction, greater world interaction, Global chat and other benefits await you in FOE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25004

Sounds like the sandbox difficulty level of Elvenar. "what is easily gained, is easily discarded" - Venar El (yes i am the person to quote myself)
I like the game and i like the difficulty, and i dont think more prizes or easier rewards make a better game. So im staying but have fun in FoE @tyghe !

DeletedUser4194

We have many players on Elvenar that have come from Forge of Empires. Many of them play both.

There are many reasons to play one versus the other, especially when it comes to PvP. Though we are all for boosting our sister games, this is the Elvenar Forum and as such we will use it mainly to discuss Elvenar game related topics.

shimmerfly

@tyghe
Sounds like it would'nt hold my interest for long.
I enjoy the challenges and aesthetics Elvenar offers. Thanks for your opinion.

DeletedUser2768

We have many players on Elvenar that have come from Forge of Empires. Many of them play both.

There are many reasons to play one versus the other, especially when it comes to PvP. Though we are all for boosting our sister games, this is the Elvenar Forum and as such we will use it mainly to discuss Elvenar game related topics.

I can't like this reply, so I'll quote it instead. I agree!! I gave FOE a try and wound up with a city in ruins and no clue what I was supposed to be doing. The quests were confusing on a good day and I just did NOT enjoy my short lived (about a month) time playing that game. I MUCH prefer Elvenar any day of the week.

Deleted User - 4380391

I prefer games where the you don, t have to buy your way up. Most if not all reach a point you have to spend or you stop moving

Mr.Nitro

I can't like this reply, so I'll quote it instead. I agree!! I gave FOE a try and wound up with a city in ruins and no clue what I was supposed to be doing. The quests were confusing on a good day and I just did NOT enjoy my short lived (about a month) time playing that game. I MUCH prefer Elvenar any day of the week.
I've been playing elvenar for a couple of years and decided to try FOE. After only a month, it's confusing to figure out what to do next with this city. Not very easy-to-use game. Also unimpressed with the graphics. Elvenar is like the fancy version of FOE, and much more intuitive. Sorry, but that's my take.

Silver Lady

I play Elvenar and won’t touch FoE because of the PvP aspect of FoE. I want to relax and de-stress and Elvenar let’s me do that.

The Unbeliever

Elvenar = 'beginner's first city builder'

FoE = 'tough guy's pretend PvP builder'

Everything Else = "Maim. Kill. Burn." levels of TFG antics

Honestly, FoE really *IS* the much better game between the two INNO city builders, it just gets a bad rap of being "PvP hell" (hint: it isn't and plundering is actually incredibly difficult to do), and the minority of cutthroat players who abuse the ever living gak of out the Guild vs. Guild & Guild Battlegrounds give the whole thing a bad image...

But in terms of overall ease of building up + maintaining a city economy? FoE is stupidly easy vs. Elvenar. (ie: build 1 specific Great Building, level it and you'll *never* need to build a single goods factory)

The military focus is more apparent, but again, there are literally infinite sources of stat boosts, and they don't even expire, which allows you to OP the gak out of your units.

Daily kp generation via event buildings/AW's is to the point that a player can gain 1500-2000+ additional kp per day!

No arbitrary level caps on Great Buildings/Ancient Wonders - as long as you've got a full set of 9 blueprints, you can gain another level.

Events are far more intuitive and interactive overall... sure there's still some that are the boring old "pick from 3 options ad nausium", but then we have the Halloween + Archaeology (ie: the Misty Forest mini game), St. Patty's Day w/it's hands-on micro management system, Soccer event which added a new 'Fire Emblem weapon triangle' styled tournament system of the player's 5-man team vs. AI 5-man team...
Summer event with it's shared prize wheel (ie: your neighbourhood of 75-80 players share the same prize wheel, making it very tactical in nature), and the Fall event with it's unique 5 'baking ingredient' currencies which you need to manage wisely to achieve the best results.
And of course, yes, FoE *did* give us the awful shuffleboard prize system for the Winter event, but hey, one giant turd isn't the complete end of the world. :p

Oh, and the whole Cultural Settlements system, which while not everyone's cup of tea, is still a solid addition and eventually rewards frankly OP prizes for persisting in completing all 10-15 required runs of them. (*cries at the horrific memories of the Vikings settlement*)

Elvenar I'm finding more and more is just stagnating and becoming a boring retread of the same single idea, just with a worse coat of paint applied to every new chapter...
There's no truly "new" features, just a slightly different way in which the devs force players to re-organise their cities to follow along an even more convoluted & dull quest line/research path, of which the annoying quests can just be skipped over anyways by ignoring them altogether and then clicking "abort" a hundred or so times once you enter the next chapter.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I must say @The Unbeliever you've almost sold me on FoE...
It's good to know that if (when) I tire of waiting for Inno to fix the progress disincentives there is a solid alternative. I'm not sure about sticking with the same company though.
Is the development team on FoE more... present? Would they leave a flaw like the Moonstone set unpatched for 18+ months?

The Unbeliever

I must say @The Unbeliever you've almost sold me on FoE...
It's good to know that if (when) I tire of waiting for Inno to fix the progress disincentives there is a solid alternative. I'm not sure about sticking with the same company though.
Is the development team on FoE more... present? Would they leave a flaw like the Moonstone set unpatched for 18+ months?
The FoE team don't interact any more than the Elvenar team, but they don't let completely asinine additions or game issues persist...
Beta may still come across as a very aggrivating place where poor/awful ideas by the dev team get seemingly ignored and pushed through to Live servers, but overall the constant bitterness of beta players poo-piling on every release inevitably brings about some decent changes by the time things go to Live servers...

Overall the real secrets to FoE success are:
1. There is no such thing as too much atk + def% bonuses for your Attacking Army. (ie: make acquiring & building the 3 main 'military' great buildings your very first priority)

2. The Arc + Chateau Frontenac great buildings (aka AW's), utterly break the game - build & level both to Lv80+ ASAP.

3. A good Guild is critical...
A good guild for example will help you to acquire the blueprints & provide cheap/free goods to build your key great buildings (AW's) as soon as you unlock 'great building donation' technology. (will likely be the tech that 'promotes' you from the beginning Bronze Age into Iron Age) ...and then they will also help you power-level those building via a system known as a 1.9 thread.
A good guild will also help you to navigate the initial growing pains of the game, provide ready oppertunities to 'get stuck in' in the Battlegrounds, and of course, provide helpful advice on how to best grow & develop your city. (*cough*buildmoreattackpower*cough*)

4. Collect your productions on time to avoid the occasional plunderer... also, buildings which are motivated, (ie: polished via guild/neighbourly help), CANNOT have their productions stolen!

And while not every event provides 'great' to hilariously OP buildings, the ones that do push the limits tend to more or less drop tactical nukes on the power tiers, plus you can technically win an unlimited amount of them if you spend enough diamonds.:p
(*cough*Fall2020*cough*)

Where Elvenar though has completely one-up'ed FoE is in it's free diamond generation... The Spire (and if they ever come back, mass WW's), simply nukes what one can achieve in FoE for similar effort.
Most hardcore diamond farmers will keep at least 3-4 side cities filled purely with WW's, (ours don't expire, but they only give out a 2% chance for 50 dias every 24hrs), and which will run the weekly Guild Expeditions. (FoE's version of the Spire, but no 'team diamond rewards' - only small % chances after certain encounters)
It's still possible to farm 10,000's of 'free' diamonds, but it takes some super serious efforts to do so!

For what it's worth, I play on the EN servers, with Noarsil being my 'main' world, and Jamis being my 'junk'/diamond farm world.

CrusaderMichael

I'll probably head over to FoE soon and ditch elvenar.

I'm having serious problems finding a fellowship that isn't in part manned by inactive or little active players. (or in one case, asked me for my email, phone number etc)

Even the few 10 chest fellowships i've been in tolerate the inactives or little actives.

It's just nothing i'm used to in gaming and have no intention of lowering my standards.

FoE is a game that makes a LOT more money for Inno that elvenar, and with pvp aspects, I am willing to bet the percentage of guilds that are active only is much higher than in elvenar... where apparently an FA is considered tough work for them.

If inactives and little actives are what you allow in a game so be it... I'm just starting to think, at least on my world of felyndryl or whatever it's called, the player base is just too uncompetitive for my taste. or at least, the fellowships in general... as i find LOTS of competitive players, they are just mixed in directed by AM's who like handing our participation trophies to even the people who barely do anything month after month.

Because of some pvp aspects as part of the game, FoE i hope will make it easier to find like minded people...

If i find one more fellowship with a few people who fight 1 fight a day in a tournament and an AM who says "good job everyone", i'll probably laugh myself to death.

FoE or bust.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll probably head over to FoE soon and ditch elvenar.

I'm having serious problems finding a fellowship that isn't in part manned by inactive or little active players. (or in one case, asked me for my email, phone number etc)

Even the few 10 chest fellowships i've been in tolerate the inactives or little actives.
Are you using www.elvenstats.com to check out fellowships before applying?
If you are a 10-chest player and perhaps more importantly a top-of-the-spire player forget about joining a ten-chest FS, you qualify for a TOP TEN FS and I seriously doubt there are many inactives there.

Deleted User - 849192770

the fighting is great but the art is so- so there's no upgrading buidling only building new ones that are more powerful resaerch is the same so is most sity mechanics i don't really see a difference but i havent gotten whatever tourney is and the event is locked because i havn't resaerched far enough. pretty much the same thing though.

CrusaderMichael

Are you using www.elvenstats.com to check out fellowships before applying?

If you are a 10-chest player and perhaps more importantly a top-of-the-spire player forget about joining a ten-chest FS, you qualify for a TOP TEN FS and I seriously doubt there are many inactives there.

I look at elven stats just to see if they are close to 10 chests now, because anything less than 8 about, is riddled with inactives, not just small players... that i've seen anyway. Last FS i was in is 10 chest, but an inactive and some little actives... just wasn't my thing.

As for FoE... i think it's older than elvenar... probably why the graphics aren't as good but i don't care i just want a fun game. If i want great graphics i'll plop my gf on my lap and stare at her face.