• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Diellashana

Seems like people need to spend $8 every other month on average. That seems fair.

DDO(Dungeons and dragons online) had a subscription service where you would pay up front and get "diamonds" monthly. Would you rather have something like that?

In the end it seems from the data above that the cash demand is fair.

hoopity

@hoopity if you go and look at the league numbers in the other thread, you can see that Inno's bad RNG led to a lot more bad luck for players than in previous events. While we will never see exact numbers, seeing where bronze and silver are for staffs collected, we can say that maybe around 10% of active players on each of the eight servers will finish with 260+ and a full set.

Oh, and to compare rough numbers between my Beta city and my Live city, after completing the final quest and collecting the last free 30, I was at 250 staffs in both cities, yet in Beta I won back 260 more SK than in my US city. I guess I was a little more picky in my beacons on Live than on Beta, plus Beta does not get the newsletter, and my Beta Ashen is not max level, but still to finish with the exact same number of staffs was weird. So of course, in both cities, I burned 1200 of my accumulated free diamonds for 250 more SK and got to 260 in both for the full set. No way I would pass that up when I have the diamonds just sitting there. lol

The issue with making judgments from league cutoff numbers is that there's no way to distinguish between changes to the SK->GP math and changes to the player base and their desire to fully complete the event (not to mention spend diamonds). I think it's fair to say that changes to the league numbers from event to event are a good indication of general interest in the event from the players, but I'm not sure if says much else.

Tehya1

I think it's fair to say that changes to the league numbers from event to event are a good indication of general interest in the event from the players, but I'm not sure if says much else.
Except that you have a majority of players posting their disappointment in failing to get to 260 even after spending diamonds and/or money.

After this, I will never spend a dime beyond free-to-me diamonds that I win here and there on an event since even spending won't guarantee a full set or 9th artifact.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
After this, I will never spend a dime beyond free-to-me diamonds that I win here and there on an event since even spending won't guarantee a full set or 9th artifact.
You could wait until the final day to decide if you want to spend anything. That way you would know for sure if spending the money would make a difference.

Another good idea since you have multiple cities is to save the 100 point email till the final day. It can only be used once. By waiting, you will know which of your cities needs it worse.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Seems like people need to spend $8 every other month on average. That seems fair.

DDO(Dungeons and dragons online) had a subscription service where you would pay up front and get "diamonds" monthly. Would you rather have something like that?

In the end it seems from the data above that the cash demand is fair.
But this is advertised as a free to play game. I do understand Inno needs to make money off of it. And I think the league system is an excellent way of doing this because it encourages high spending players to drop cash *on a voluntary basis* in order to make gold league. I've got no problem with that. What I take issue with is cutting event currency back so far in order to try to create further spending.

You mentioned the figure of $8. Actually many of the people posting in this thread could not complete the set by spending only $8. For some it would require much more than that. In addition, players who care enough to join the official forums and to post here on a regular basis are going to tend to be some of the more serious, dedicated players. I think it is fair to state that as a whole the forum is composed of above average players. Despite this, many of the players here had significant difficulty and fell short. And it is worse among the less experienced, more casual players. If you don't believe me, go to the Elvenar Facebook page. Almost none of the players who hang out there made it and many of them are upset and discouraged.

Last edited:

Tehya1

You mentioned the figure of $8. Actually many of the people posting in this thread could not complete the set by spending only $8.
There is no such thing as spending 8 dollars in an event. You have to spend no less than 10 for a flash sale package.

seems like people need to spend $8 every other month on average. That seems fair.
And I do that and more. I make up any bp or diamond shortage that I have to get phoenix or bear artifacts when they pass through the ma. That is 300-900 diamonds, or 5 (because 5 is the cheapest diamond package) to 20 bucks an artifact, depending on how many bps I have.

I spend diamonds in the spire when I can't get past a chest when doing a 4th round is a sure bet. I buy diamonds if I spent all of my free diamonds on an artifact in the ma in a given week, like this past week.

I spent diamonds in my first few events, and still came up short. I have only gotten all nine artifacts for one evolving building across 3 cities and 4 events in spite of spending during my first event.

Bottom line, expecting me to spend another 10-20 for one pixel building on top of what I have already put in innos pocket, when I have put so much time and money into this game, especially the events, that it is like a second job, is way over the line.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There is no such thing as spending 8 dollars in an event. You have to spend no less than 10 for a flash sale package.
I think the price of the stash outpost is $7.99. If I were going to spend real money on the event, this is the option I would pick because I think it provides the most value (provided you do multiple daily collections of dropped event currency in your city). The only problem with it is that it is only offered once near the start of the event. So you have to buy it right away before you know how you are doing in the event. If you have good luck over the course of the event winning extra event currency from chests, it might turn out you did not need it at all.

Huor

A couple of things I have always wondered about the stash box is do y'all think it will collect more than 400 currency (the $9.99 option), and I've read that some feel that the drops (i.e. less +2/+3 drops) are less with the stash box. I say feel as I've never read any hard evidence being put forward.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
A couple of things I have always wondered about the stash box is do y'all think it will collect more than 400 currency (the $9.99 option), and I've read that some feel that the drops (i.e. less +2/+3 drops) are less with the stash box. I say feel as I've never read any hard evidence being put forward.
I actually asked @Enevhar Aldarion this question upthread. He pointed out that if you collect 20 currency drops daily then it would provide 460 over the course of a 23 day event. And that it would be even better in the 30 day events such as Winter Magic.

Huor

Thank you! I think I will track my litter in the next event and have an eye on this. The 20 pickup per day is interesting as that says to me that every player with a stash box should have had a very good chance at finishing in silver with a complete set and a new portrait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Wren

I play with two knowledgeable and competitive players and both get the stash box, which I've never thought to get, but will now.

Galandir

Thank you! I think I will track my litter in the next event and have an eye on this. The 20 pickup per day is interesting as that says to me that every player with a stash box should have had a very good chance at finishing in silver with a complete set and a new portrait.
Not in my case... =( I had the stash box but with the help of some terrible RNG I managed to end up at 250. This was with optimal beacon choices, taking bonus SK from the beacons into account, etc. I will spend the diamonds to get to 260, but it is disappointing that even with the purchase of a stash box, I'm still short.

Lady Dastardly

I have gotten the stash outpost quite a few times and I haven't noticed a difference in the quality of the drops. When I have had an outpost in one city and not the other, the drops have been within an expected deviation of each other. With an outpost I do usually finish solidly in Silver and get the portrait, without spending any addtional cash/diamonds. I had an outpost in both cities for this event, but real ife demands limited me to 2 logins a day for the 1st week and a half of the event. Completing all quests, all daily rewards and choosing the best beacons for grand prizes I came up short by 4 staves in both cities (and finished it off with diamonds, thank you Spire). If I been able to play normally I would have finished without spending diamonds, but not by the margin I usually do, because I was spectacularly unlucky with winning additional currency from the beacons.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I was going to be short, but I also used 500 diamonds earned in Spire to buy another 100 scrolls. This together with 20 scrolls I had remaining, got me 4 more Beacons of Power, which just got me the last set building, as I wanted the mana which is quite good.

Tavina

Hi I've never been in a game form before I'm posting here where it says post reply but I'm technically not replying I don't think. I have a question I received my league rewards from The forbidden ruins quest and I have a choice to choose a building from the Pilgrim Manor set. My question is will the rest of the set come about during gameplay in the future. Because I'm not sure of placing just one building for rewards I'm not that familiar with set buildings I'd rather keep them in storage, until it's time to place.

Moho

Chef
The Forbidden Ruins event was nothing but a success for me.

I saved the entire event currency for the penultimate day of the event. During the process of spending it, I obtained over 15 Frog instants in each of my three cities. Besides tons of minor prizes, I also received a lot of troops in equal proportion. I am very happy about these.

But the really good news is that in all these three cities I managed to win enough additional SK to get the full set before the event was over. I watched the numbers in the League and decided to spend some of my diamonds so that I could rank higher than Bronze. With only 1,500 diamonds per city I was able to reach the Silver League. It was a great investment because it brought me two aditional buildings in the Forbidden Ruins set, and one additional building in the Pilgrim's Manor set. I have already placed them all in every city and I am so excited that I am in a really great mood for the next event, including the Misty-Forest-like minigame. Who would have thought?

Moho

Chef
I have a question
No one knows. I would lean toward "no" but I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question. Maybe they do.

But if they don't, if I were you I would keep the tome without getting any buildings. I am not sure a component of the set is so great without being enhanced at least once.

DeletedUser27062

It's at worst, dishonest... "we're terribad at math because we don't actually even play our own game" is pretty common. Coupled with awful RNG gimmicks can make events miserable for sure.

But predatory? Nope.
Truly predatory practices are what Sony & Microsoft constantly do... You want a new X-bone system? Cool, spend $500 for the console itself... oh, but the 1 controller you get is trash, so now you really *need* to spend another $100+ for a proper 'pro' controller... ah but you want to play more than 1 or 2 games? Well, now you *need* to buy a memory card, because the basic system memory is hot garbo... and 99% of our games require on-line access to really engage in, so, yep, now you also *need* a monthly/yearly on-line play pass too!

...or else companies like EA, who are not only the undisputed kings of the nickle-and-dime DLC style crap, BUT ALSO, are absolute scum who aim in-game 'booster boxes' at kids!! (and these 'booster boxes' are as pathetic as 1-use-only boosters for things like NBA/MLB games)

THAT'S what actual predatory practices in gaming look like. ;)

You're welcome to believe that Inno is simply simple but you can wrap an identical narrative around Inno's practices and they sound just as predatory. You want a new evolving building? Cool, spend hours and resources generating EC which will get you almost to your goal. Want the whole thing, you'll have to pay for it. Oh and btw, that evolving building gives you extra vision vapours so you'll be able to turn over the MA far more quickly and win more diamonds (well, until we change the rate at which diamonds appear which makes the extra VV a moot point). How about an evolving building that gives you more EC!! Brilliant idea until Inno cuts back the EC you get with each event.

Inno has a habit of giving you stuff then taking it back in some other way and making the player pay for the pleasure. That seems predatory to me.

DeletedUser27062

I actually asked @Enevhar Aldarion this question upthread. He pointed out that if you collect 20 currency drops daily then it would provide 460 over the course of a 23 day event. And that it would be even better in the 30 day events such as Winter Magic.
I think that math is very generous. You get 1 bonus currency for every collection regardless of whether you're collecting 1, 2, or 3 EC. Given the average collection is 20 EC per day and at least a third of those will be 2 or 3s then your stash is only giving an extra 14 per day max. The outpost doesn't usually show up on the first day either so calculated on 20 days you're looking at 300 EC not 460.