• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Just to give everyone a heads up, so they can prepare or pass it along, but the final quest for the event, #78, requires solving 10 encounters, no option and world map encounters only. Part two of the quest does ask to scout a province, so at least they an work together.
I should have checked the quest list earlier so I could have a major fit before they were added to live. I'm sorry guys.

Tehya1

smh. The last two events seem to show that inno doesn't want the majoity of players to get full sets or fully evolved bldgs, but why? Uness it is about wanting a last minute bounce in diamond sales. Its too bad that we can't convince the community to refrain from spending diamonds or real money at the end of events. Maybe they would quit making it so hard to get that last artifact or building.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I should have checked the quest list earlier so I could have a major fit before they were added to live. I'm sorry guys.
She's one step closer to hiring Banshees!

smh. The last two events seem to show that inno doesn't want the majoity of players to get full sets or fully evolved bldgs, but why?
According to the most recent Q&A, they said there should be no problem with getting every evolve or every building from the set if you're a regular player doing all the quests, so clearly our collective experience is a figment of our imagination. Have you tried tonight's dinner special? It's a special red herring cooked over runeshards.

Tehya1

According to the most recent Q&A, they said there should be no problem with getting every evolve or every building from the set if you're a regular player doing all the quests, so clearly our collective experience is a figment of our imagination.
Thats because none of them are regular players doing all the quests. lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
According to the most recent Q&A, they said there should be no problem with getting every evolve or every building from the set if you're a regular player doing all the quests, so clearly our collective experience is a figment of our imagination.

First, they need to acknowledge that it is a regular, and LUCKY, player who completes the building or the set, not just someone who finishes all the quests. No one ever, EVER, completes the building or set in a 3-chest event if they do not win back the event currency from the chests. It is a mathematical impossibility, as there is not enough currency to do that.

But it is also true that since they started all the evolving building stuff almost 3 years ago, the events have been easier than those that came before that. For example, I started my Beta city about 4 days into the Air Traders event from June, 2020 and that city has completed every single evolving building or building set, including that one, without spending money or diamonds. Granted, I did need the FAs a few times for the final artifact, but I don't spend money on the Beta server, as it feels like I am not testing when I shortcut like that. And I did that while having no advanced knowledge of the quests, since I only saw them as they appeared in my city.

My only real qualifier for that city is that I was already an experienced player when I started it and knew what to expect from the quests and the prize system, etc, so yes, I am a "regular" player. But for the current event, I did not get very lucky with winning extra event currency, so to win the final building of the set, I did have to spend 1200 of my free, spare diamonds for 250 more SK just to complete the final grand prize. And looking at how the event is going so far in my US city, I expect to have to do the same thing on the final day of the event.

Iamaita

They have the league prizes and the royal prizes in addition to all the extra grand prizes as an incentive for players to spend money or diamonds. I don’t understand why they are being so stingy with the currency. It just seems greedy.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Quest 78: ‘Solve 10 Encounters’ - with no alternative. This is a really sneaky final quest to the quest set - because a significant number of players have slaved their way through 77 quests to get the Goddess of Wishes - and now if for one or other reason they have no encounters available, this is an event-killer.
This won’t affect a lot of players - but the ones who it does are going to be very upset. As we have said often - quests should never be ‘impossible’ - even for a minority of players.

I hope they fix this!

UPDATE: They changed it to 10 of any kind.

Last edited:

Tehya1

quests should never be ‘impossible’
I have a ch 2 city, and for the second time, my quest is solve encounters AND (not or) Collect ccs. Ch 2. I will not max my ma for that city to speed out cc just for this event, and I am not yet to the spire in that city. I need to save my diamonds for my other three cities. I don't stand a chance of finishing all the quests in that city. Glad I don't care, but I do care about the other three.

BrinDarby

As we have said often - quests should never be ‘impossible’ - even for a minority of players.
There is no :mad: way the Devs/Mgmt believe Jack's statement. Forbidden Ruins is a perfect example.
Not only am I on track for being 2-3 GPs short, but I will complete all the tasks except for
the last 1 thats impossible for me too... I can't get a stash outpost with diamonds:rolleyes: and
so far outta 3000 currency spent, I've got a whole (1) +80 currency.

The beginning of the END, was AshenPhoenix .... obligating them to nerf event currency...
now MA MO is nerf'd due to RedPandaMaster. They add'd RoyalPass that most ppl don't
find worth the expense, and when the playerbase says "this is what we WILL spend on",
Inno concludes.... thats exactly what they wont offer.

Ever since the great Event Currency Uber-Nerf, Events ARE NOT FUN.....they are a J.O.B !!!!!
There is utterly NO SKILL involved with most events, and we're @ the mercy of a RNG,
that I've come to understand, is neither Random or Fair. The Mgmt/Devs can cry all they
want that the RNG is on the up/up, but my imperical data says otherwise.

ANYONE complete'n ALL event tasks should have a way to get all the artifacts/pieces.
NO event task should ever be IMPOSSIBLE to anyone, no matter thier CHapter !!!!!!!!

This happens with EVERY Play2Play
game online... The mgmt/devs are incapable or unwilling to design a structure that both
encapsulates F2P and P2P players..... Catering to just P2P/longtime players is a death spiral
to the game itself.... AND using "Frustration" as the main encouragement mechanism to
illicit revenue, is SOOOOO Beyond Insane !!!!!!!

Edit : was edited by a mod.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Quest 78: ‘Solve 10 Encounters’ - with no alternative. This is a really sneaky final quest to the quest set - because a significant number of players have slaved their way through 77 quests to get the Goddess of Wishes - and now if for one or other reason they have no encounters available, this is an event-killer.
This won’t affect a lot of players - but the ones who it does are going to be very upset. As we have said often - quests should never be ‘impossible’ - even for a minority of players.

I hope they fix this!

The original quest sheet said 6 encounters....I have since edited my sheet.

The Unbeliever

I think the game devs and owners laugh hysterically when they hear Americans blaming Europeans for their greedy capitalist practices.
big difference between...... being greedy... and being stupid.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity."

As for a boycott/unite the player base? Yeah good luck with that... :p
INNO isn't even all that scummy by most general standards. Sure the Elvenar team are a bunch of childish clowns who have their heads buried so far up their nethers, they need a map to find their way out, but overall, I would laugh if you honestly believed they're 'predatory' in their practices. (stupid - absolutely!;))

You know what's predatory? Look at companies like EA who basically invented the idea of paid DLC for everything... or how about Xbone systems, which require an added $200-300+ in add-ons & memory upgrades just to play more than 2 games...
Or look at GW when they nuked Warhammer Fantasy, and outright removed Tomb Kings & Bratonnians *AFTER swearing up and down that no one's armies would be invalidated!! (for those who've never heard of table top wargaming, that's $1000's of dollars and 1000's of hours of work building + painting that no longer has any rules or support of any kind!)

Sure, this event is a dumpster fire because the devs as we know suck at basic math and obviously believe that 2+2=5, because... science?! :rolleyes:
But at least (for now) the game still has plenty of avenues for farming 'free' diamonds... I'll keep spending those free dias here and there as I please, but if/when the devs are stupid enough to nerf/remove all that? Yeah no, I'm not giving them a penny.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
and I paid good Orc meat for my Shananagain Elves's Toolkit. ( @crackie )
I better get some good use outta it ... :eek:
Hmmm…I hope those Shenanigan Elves are good with numbers trying to balance the books with that one to keep their nonprofit status! At least it’s the Ideas & Suggestions Starter Kit and they don’t have to try to pay helya her royalties with Orc meat…

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
will that carry over to an update of Live ?

They always do, just not immediately. When a change to a quest is made, we are told on the Beta forum that it takes "a few days" to get updated, so this will likely be in the next update for Live, or in plenty of time before anyone here can even get the quest.