• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For anyone interested, here are the final League numbers from Beta.

Screenshot_20220128-035356_Elvenar.jpg

Lionett

For anyone interested, here are the final League numbers from Beta.

View attachment 11785
That's super helpful, thank you! I was just wondering what those numbers might look like at the end of the event... do you think the Live version will skew lower due to Beta attracting more hardcore players, or higher due to more people participating overall? It'll probably vary a lot by server, too...

Huor

I'm probably going to miss the league and the set. Maybe by a good bit. I just don't have enough luck (so far) and I'm not spending any more than my initial donation in support of the events (like I would any xbox/ps3 game dlc.) I would be happy failing the league with 260+. At least that means I completed the set. Oh well. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. lol.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's super helpful, thank you! I was just wondering what those numbers might look like at the end of the event... do you think the Live version will skew lower due to Beta attracting more hardcore players, or higher due to more people participating overall? It'll probably vary a lot by server, too...

Actually, most of the Live servers finish with higher numbers required for Silver and Gold because more people spend diamonds/money on the Live servers. I would not be surprised if the requirement to finish Silver ends up being 300+ on the bigger servers.

Roland D

I'm a new player to this game (since December) this is my first event and I was really hoping to get the building set.

I have completed around 67 quests and now I am on a timer for 1 a day. (apparently this is expected) I've done the math and there is absolutely no chance to gain the last building at 260 currency without spending diamonds.

I feel like I've wasted so so much time and energy into playing this game How can someone compete EVERYTHING and not receive all set buildings? Infuriating waste of time.

uninstalling this crap

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm a new player to this game (since December) this is my first event and I was really hoping to get the building set.

I have completed around 67 quests and now I am on a timer for 1 a day. (apparently this is expected) I've done the math and there is absolutely no chance to gain the last building at 260 currency without spending diamonds.

I feel like I've wasted so so much time and energy into playing this game How can someone compete EVERYTHING and not receive all set buildings? Infuriating waste of time.

uninstalling this crap

If you're that new you are probably better off with the small prizes you got along the way. ( Supply and Coin instants and what not )
You'll be advancing through the next few chapters so quickly that you won't be able to keep the event buildings upgraded and they'll become obsolete.

Nerwa

I've been pondering this trend of hard-to-finish events, and am hypothesizing that it's part of the overall shift towards not having multiple buildings. We saw the disappearance of extra Moonstone sets in early Summer 2021, and of course multiple Birds & Bears haven't been an option for a while.

Before, I'd estimate the baseline for completing event buildings at 100% average completion/120% push (little or no diamonds/cash; decent RNG). Since late Summer 2021, that baseline seems more like 80% average/100% push. (I'm basing this on anecdotes & personal experience. So far, I've been able to hit 100% just on pushing game play & without an Ashen Phoenix.)

Both before & after the down-shift, we've been able to anticipate future opportunities to add to event buildings, although the methods & time frames are changing (e.g., adding the new Sorceries; skipping FAs). Before, those future opportunities meant the probability of half-finished duplicates; now, it's the probability of being able to complete a set or event building.

So basically my hypothesis is that the Inno developers are messing with us as part of a larger strategy, as opposed to just having unrealistic expectations. *shrug* That & a handful of coins will buy you a pint of strawberry ale....

Roland D

If you're that new you are probably better off with the small prizes you got along the way. ( Supply and Coin instants and what not )
You'll be advancing through the next few chapters so quickly that you won't be able to keep the event buildings upgraded and they'll become obsolete.

I see your point. But the point of playing games is to have fun. Getting the set is fun for me. I like the aesthetic and the 5 link bonus gives a combining catalyst. Which takes a lot of time to make and increases my productivity of them by 50%. Plus all the refined goods that I'm starting to need. Oh and the units that I don't have access to yet.

Is it meta or smart? I Dunno but it's fun.

Simply not being able to grind out to get the whole set without dropping diamonds. Meanwhile I have 2 and 3 copies of the same buildings in the set already. Not fun

BrinDarby

We've gone thru this how many times ????
When the top 20% cannot even get the full set ( to 260 ) , then currency
has been Nerf'd too much !! Especially when complete'n ALL tasks.

Its demoralizing to the playerbase when you invest the time/effort to
complete all the tasks, then ya can't get the full evolve or Set.

Tehya1

I agree. We have a new player here who is discouraged enough to quit. Why can't inno see that this is hurting its bottom line? I also have a ch 2 city, and because this isn't my first event or city, I know that ch 2 bldgs will be worthless to me sooner than later, but the unreasonable quests and hopelessness at getting the set are still there, especially since I probably won't be able to get it even in my chs 6 and 7 cities. It is demoralizing when it should be fun.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree. We have a new player here who is discouraged enough to quit. Why can't inno see that this is hurting its bottom line? I also have a ch 2 city, and because this isn't my first event or city, I know that ch 2 bldgs will be worthless to me sooner than later, but the unreasonable quests and hopelessness at getting the set are still there, especially since I probably won't be able to get it even in my chs 6 and 7 cities. It is demoralizing when it should be fun.

Not to be mean at some players, but I think this kind of frustration is only a thing because they have never played another free-to-play game before. I have found that Elvenar is the easiest game I have ever played for getting access to lots of content early in the game. Others I have played require a lot more advancement.