• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I lost my FOMO with events bc you eventually don't have room for all the evolve buildings, even if you get them all to lvl 10 (though this may have to do with my refusal to remove my Moonstone farm). If you didn't get them to lvl 10, then they're going to come back around eventually in the Spire or MA. And while I'm stating unpopular opinions...
iheartbud.jpg

Tehya1

but I think this kind of frustration is only a thing because they have never played another free-to-play game before.
There is no such thing if you want to keep up. I have played a few "Free to play" games, and all of them have some money grab aspect or another, and players have to decide how invested they want to be in a game. Yes, you get lots of free stuff, and that is not what I and LOTS of new and more advanced players are complaining about. It is the promise of something cool, valuable, or useful that isn't delivered that frustrates us.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not to be mean at some players, but I think this kind of frustration is only a thing because they have never played another[ poorly monetized] free-to-play game before.
FTFY
There are plenty of F2P games where RL$ only gets you cosmetics or where all in-game features can be unlocked with extra effort instead of RL$.
Having things that are impossible to achieve for free through no fault of the players is an ugly practice.

Granted we can now get significant diamonds in the spire but expecting new players to wait for that in order to participate successfully in an event is unrealistic.

Tehya1

There are plenty of F2P games where RL$ only gets you cosmetics or where all in-game features can be unlocked with extra effort instead of RL$.
Having things that are impossible to achieve for free through no fault of the players is an ugly practice.

Granted we can now get significant diamonds in the spire but expecting new players to wait for that in order to participate successfully in an event is unrealistic.
Thank you. Ch 2 players do not have access to easy ccs and sf, and yet i have had three quests for ccs in my ch 2 city. It takes almost 30 hrs to make 2 ccs in a lvl 2 MA. This is the kind of frustration that drives new players away, which bites inno in the backside, since some of those players might have gotten so into the game that they would spend rl money on the game.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
There is no such thing if you want to keep up.

If "keeping up" is your main goal, then you'll probably be frustrated a lot in this game. Every time recently that I make my city more efficient, my score goes down (e.g., I teleported a gems manufactory to make room for this event set: I'm making more gems now than I was before, my pop and culture went up hugely, and I'm saving a noticeable amount of gold and supplies every day, but my already-low ranking dropped by over 1000 points, lol). I shake my head, laugh, and move on because I'm not trying to keep up with anyone, so it doesn't matter.

We have a new player here who is discouraged enough to quit. It is demoralizing when it should be fun.
I get that it's frustrating to not finish, but in my first event (Elvarian Games last year), I didn't expect to finish. I was new! I was competing with players who had played for years and to make it easy enough for me to finish would have been a complete and utter waste of more established players' time. The first two or even three chapters are basically still the tutorial: you're learning game mechanics and continuing to unlock new features. Instead of complaining that they can't do the same things as people with years more experience and resources, someone can decide to have fun just by participating. You shouldn't have to win to have fun.

It is the promise of something cool, valuable, or useful that isn't delivered that frustrates us.

They never promised us these buildings. They were made available as a possibility. I like to think, "Wow, look at all the nice things I might be able to get!" :)

BrinDarby

If you didn't get them to lvl 10, then they're going to come back around eventually in the Spire or MA.
This doesn't apply to the Sets.

What I'm fault'n Inno for is this constant tease'n us for kewl stuff,
or flat out using frustration as a dis-incentive to illicit revenue from us ??

@MaidenFair , I'm not "new" anymore, I know which chests to pick, for
which strategy I'm going for, and still I share @Tehya1 's frustration.
If there was any skill involved, I'd be crushing it.... nothing I can do about
a stingy RNG. ( thats if its really random @ all ;) ...... :rolleyes:.

Inno keeps calibrating currency downward, its by design, and its working
..... well, to the point ppl aren't complete'n Events without paying :diamond: or $$.

1% Gold and 5% Silver isn't changing so no xtra ppl are gonna get the xtra
prizes no matter how high Bronze is..... If Inno can't do the correct coding
to balance the game out, even while more Events are play'd and more
prizes are given out, then they don't deserve my hard earned cashola !.

Outright disrespect for the playerbase, tells me all I need to know about Inno.
(edit : Bronze ( top 20% ) should always hit 260)

Iamaita

I started playing during the air traders event in 2020. I was able to finish an entire chapter 2 level set, and it was a lot of fun. It helped me get hooked on the game. I can definitely see new players getting discouraged if they can’t finish the events. The early chapters are so slow, and a couple good event buildings really help. You earn that last piece or artifact and you feel like you’ve gotten something really cool to help boost you along. Why wouldn’t you want new players to have that feeling of accomplishment to keep them playing?

I don’t expect inno to change their plans based on anything we say here. I’m sure they have spreadsheets and numbers and reasons for what they do. All we can do is report back our customer experience and satisfaction levels. These are completely subjective and individual for each of us. Here are mine. As a paying customer I am more satisfied when I do not feel like I am constantly being hit with extra charges and hidden fees. My overall happiness and enjoyment playing the events has trended downward since I started playing because I feel like I am being asked to spend more diamonds and money for the same or lesser value rewards.
Sometimes it just feels better to vent even if it’s over something as silly as a game. And now that I have done that…

I think the buildings from this event will look nice with some of the Halloween event buildings. I’m going to try to fit the ancient taste in next to my witch hut.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@BrinDarby , I've definitely wondered about the RNG too! I seem to get more than my fair share of good luck, which has probably skewed my overall game perception to the positive. ;) I imagine I'd be pretty frustrated too if I were having the opposite experience and felt like the odds were forever against me.

I certainly wasn't trying to negate anyone else's experience, just sharing that there are also other types of experiences happening, and they may be more common than is generally believed since it's a very small percentage of the active playerbase that comes to the forums. :)

Diellashana

It's possible to be self sufficient, not spend diamonds, and still be able to join a gold spire/10 chest FS.

I've seen a lot of game improvements to help the community (tournament/research tree). The impending rune changes right now are an example of commitment to positive change. Heck, they are hiring a social media manager!

I'm not worried about the direction of this game. I'm not worried if mistakes were made in Forbidden Ruins.

Nerwa

We're always hiring a Social Media Manager. I think the Banshees might be hiding in the SMM's office and that's why the position is always open.

Check your employee directory for "Bean Sidhe" or variations thereof. That's the original Gaelic spelling, IIRC.

If there's a listing for someone named "S. Idhe Bean" or "Bean, Sid H.E." or suchlike - yeah, banshees.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We're always hiring a Social Media Manager. I think the Banshees might be hiding in the SMM's office and that's why the position is always open.
This place already got me talking in the 5th person. Not sure there’s room in my head for one more official voice of Elvenar. It might be one crack too many. I also don't have the discipline to stay on-brand, but it would be a fun train wreck of a ride! In case you're wondering, I’m listing all the non-marketable traits to disqualify me so I don’t have to meet the Banshee.

Moho

Chef
I was wondering. Has anyone figured out the minimum of Sorcerers' Knowledge necesary to obtain the full set?

young-businesswoman-accountant-working-office-260nw-1517144852.jpg

BrinDarby

But is that the minimum?
You'd have to qualify that more.
How many xtra currency won.
Which chests picked.

If you had 23 currency, but won xtra Everytime you opened a chest, then the
minimum would be 23 sk(currency).

Since you said "obtain" a full set, then 25 sk/ GP pt seems reasonable.
So thats where I got 6500 from .... 260x25=6500.

senate7

I'm a new player to this game (since December) this is my first event and I was really hoping to get the building set.

I have completed around 67 quests and now I am on a timer for 1 a day. (apparently this is expected) I've done the math and there is absolutely no chance to gain the last building at 260 currency without spending diamonds.

I feel like I've wasted so so much time and energy into playing this game How can someone compete EVERYTHING and not receive all set buildings? Infuriating waste of time.

uninstalling this crap
I agree. Ever since this league business started I have not been able to complete a building either to collect all pieces of a set or get enough artefacts to reach level 10. I have just calculated my remaining scrolls and will also not be able to have enough without purchasing. I probably won't bother with the next event