• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Aritra

My ch.2/3 non-FS city has had the best luck with bonus currency and has a better chance at the last piece than my ch.12/13 or ch.6/7 city (5/6 in all three, no problem). Still not sure that city is going to make it to the last piece, though. (I'm glad that, if only one of my cities gets the sixth, that it is that non-FS one since I won't have FA to possibly get it later).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Hi @Jackluyt Your googlesheet has Astral Crevice as seeds from Ch 11. It is coming up with Mana for me in Ch17, and matching ElvenArchitect stats.
AstralCreviceCh17.png

Huor

Well, I dumped everything I had saved up into +1 moves and netted the 6th piece and 30,000 frogs. Very surprised and very happy! I had no luck with the +3 moves so I stopped with 80 moves need to complete. Held off till tonight's frog instants and 1,900 event currency took me 91 moves.

Huor

Fyi for those of us new to the game, the "set tab" to see how the set is put together is only in the browser version. I was looking all over the place for that in the app. lol.

Huor

Question. All the documentation I've found says the Sorcerer’s Feast building switches to mana? According to the upgrade tab on the app, only the Forbidden Ruins switches to mana. Is this true or does the Sorcerer’s Feast switch to mana in a chapter later than 9?

Update: the browser says the building switches production to mana at chapter 9. I'll open this as a bug.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.19.15 AM-2.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.19.15 AM-2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.17.29 AM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.17.29 AM-1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

According to the most recent Q&A, they said there should be no problem with getting every evolve or every building from the set if you're a regular player doing all the quests, so clearly our collective experience is a figment of our imagination. Have you tried tonight's dinner special? It's a special red herring cooked over runeshards.

Yeah, they're telling porkies again. Here are my current scores, all accrued EC spent:
Euda:
Tartaros:

Only one of those cities has a s*** show of completing the set without spending money.

DeletedUser27062

INNO isn't even all that scummy by most general standards. Sure the Elvenar team are a bunch of childish clowns who have their heads buried so far up their nethers, they need a map to find their way out, but overall, I would laugh if you honestly believed they're 'predatory' in their practices. (stupid - absolutely!;))

Sure, this event is a dumpster fire because the devs as we know suck at basic math and obviously believe that 2+2=5, because... science?! :rolleyes:
But at least (for now) the game still has plenty of avenues for farming 'free' diamonds... I'll keep spending those free dias here and there as I please, but if/when the devs are stupid enough to nerf/remove all that? Yeah no, I'm not giving them a penny.

Of course Inno is predatory. They may not be smooth but they are predatory. How do we know? They make use of volunteer support for a start. That's a predatory practice considering they're a profitable business.
At every opportunity they're trimming back on those free diamonds and jacking up costs. Look how quickly we've adjusted to pay-to-complete sets?
If you know what to look for you see proof of behavioural economics everywhere.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Here are my current scores
4900 spent, 228 score = 21.5 per point so "lucky".
Should get to 240.

Did I miss ~430 pickups around my city that I'd need for full set? Seems unlikely.
According to the most recent Q&A, they said there should be no problem with getting every evolve or every building from the set if you're a regular player doing all the quests
So Inno is saying only 5% of players in the event are "regular players doing all the quests"?
Seems... pathetic.

Imagine offering a free product to your existing customers but only 1 in 20 can be bothered.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Look how quickly we've adjusted to pay-to-complete sets?

This is not new at all because the game has always been this way. Every big event in the existence of the game has been "spend diamonds to complete the set" if you are unlucky. And going back to the first few years, when the events had three big grand prize buildings to win, the first two were easy enough to win for anyone who completed all the quests, but the third one was almost impossible to win and anyone who got it spent diamonds/money for it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So Inno is saying only 5% of players in the event are "regular players doing all the quests"?
Seems... pathetic.

Imagine offering a free product to your existing customers but only 1 in 20 can be bothered.
I’m still in silver without the last piece. I feel like they went out of the way to tell us they’ve ensured we have a shot at winning the jackpot if we bought a lotto ticket. Thanks for that assurance! Next new game items in the pipeline: used cars and snake oil.

Also with the pattern of diminishing returns, I anticipate Spire diamond output and Blueprints in tourneys will be nerf gun target practice next since they made those easier to acquire with Perks so they must now taketh away.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I’m still in silver without the last piece. I feel like they went out of the way to tell us they’ve ensured we have a shot at winning the jackpot if we bought a lotto ticket. Thanks for that assurance! Next new game items in the pipeline: used cars and snake oil.

Also with the pattern of diminishing returns, I anticipate Spire diamond output and Blueprints in tourneys will be nerf gun target practice next since they made those easier to acquire with Perks so they must now taketh away.

I need 3 waypoints with 3 points each. Will I make it? No freaking clue.