• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

DeletedUser27062

The Forbidden Ruins event was nothing but a success for me.

I saved the entire event currency for the penultimate day of the event. During the process of spending it, I obtained over 15 Frog instants in each of my three cities. Besides tons of minor prizes, I also received a lot of troops in equal proportion. I am very happy about these.

But the really good news is that in all these three cities I managed to win enough additional SK to get the full set before the event was over. I watched the numbers in the League and decided to spend some of my diamonds so that I could rank higher than Bronze. With only 1,500 diamonds per city I was able to reach the Silver League. It was a great investment because it brought me two aditional buildings in the Forbidden Ruins set, and one additional building in the Pilgrim's Manor set. I have already placed them all in every city and I am so excited that I am in a really great mood for the next event, including the Misty-Forest-like minigame. Who would have thought?

Why did it cost so much to reach Silver if you already had the full set? Silver started at 265-267 so you should only have needed 5-7 max

Moho

Chef
Why did it cost so much to reach Silver if you already had the full set?
It was a busy night (spending so much currency in three differnet worlds). I don't remember the exact details but my decision was to buy enough event currency so that I would not be dethroned. It was the penultimate day, and on the last day of the event my schedule was really busy.

BrinDarby

By that I mean the building, if and when you decide to spawn it, will match your city chapter at the time of spawning, not when you got it.
Others have said this is incorrect, its tagg'd in my worlds to a CH,
so I don't think its possible to "mature".... heh.

This event was a failure on all levels for me, and I coughed up
5000 :diamond: ( 2250+2250+500 ). Yes that put me barely in Silver
in all 3 of my worlds.... that last 500 was add'n insult to injury.
No way after spending 2250 and getting 0 xtra sk on the last
push, was I going to miss Silver by 1 lousy pt, so I paid the 500
for that 1 lousy pt. :mad:

Even if Fog/digging is my worst Event, @least skill comes into
play. Bring on the next event, but don't expect me to be spending
diamonds anytime soon.

Zoof

I was, in the end, 14 points away from getting the final building. As a f2p player in chapter 8, I asked my fellowship if burning 1700 diamonds (or more) for it was worth. The answer they gave me was a unanimous "no".

So I didn't. I've heard that the events at around this time of year was notorious for being stingy with the goods, but my goodness. This is the first event (since I started playing in time for 2021 autumn event) where I couldn't get the last (non-avatar) grand prize even after having played it as far as possible.

It's a bit unfair, but such is life, I suppose. There'll be future opportunities.
At least it's theoretically possible to "win" using the premium currency earned in-game. Better than some of the games out there that I've played.

I am a relatively new player (first event was red panda in fall 2021), and this is the first event where I failed to get the full grand prize in every world as long as I completed the full questline. I had overall bad luck, and only got the full set in 1 out of 8 worlds. I did pay diamonds to get the last piece in my main world. My final points, prior to buying diamonds were:

My main world, where I used my email 100 scrolls, had the worst luck of all.

Iamaita

I don't know if they'll bring the set back in some way but if you leave it as a spell then it will mature along with your city. By that I mean the building, if and when you decide to spawn it, will match your city chapter at the time of spawning, not when you got it.
Are you sure about this? Because I was told Here that sorceries building levels are locked in at the chapter when you received them.

Tavina

I love the Pilgrim's Sets. I think they are worth every diamond I spent this year, every diamond I spent last year, and most likely every diamond I will spend next year.
Good to hear the buildings sure are nice I'll wait and see if anything drops during events or game play, or is available in the magic academy and let my rewards sit and wait thank you.

Zoof

Are you sure about this? Because I was told Here that sorceries building levels are locked in at the chapter when you received them.
From experience, I can affirm this.

Related to that, you can wait to claim them from the event until after you've crossed a chapter boundary if you're near enough (by completing the first research in that chapter. For earlier chapters, this is usually Advanced Scouts). I did that during the 2021 Christmas event by rushing the completion of fairies and starting orcs proper before hitting the "claim" button on the grand prizes.
Whether or not that was a smart move with respect to everything else in the game remains to be seen.

Lemon Wren

I have gotten the stash outpost quite a few times and I haven't noticed a difference in the quality of the drops. When I have had an outpost in one city and not the other, the drops have been within an expected deviation of each other. With an outpost I do usually finish solidly in Silver and get the portrait, without spending any addtional cash/diamonds. I had an outpost in both cities for this event, but real ife demands limited me to 2 logins a day for the 1st week and a half of the event. Completing all quests, all daily rewards and choosing the best beacons for grand prizes I came up short by 4 staves in both cities (and finished it off with diamonds, thank you Spire). If I been able to play normally I would have finished without spending diamonds, but not by the margin I usually do, because I was spectacularly unlucky with winning additional currency from the beacons.

Hmm, good to know.

BrinDarby

Sorceries are tied to the chapter they are claimed in
ok , so .....
as a sorcery its not a bldg yet, so are you saying that
even tho there's an IV in upper left had I waited to claim
it, it would magically have increased to my newest CH ???
Then in that CH, I "claim" and then its frozen to that CH ???

Thus "claiming" is = "winning/earning" ???

AmdirUnaeth

I'm not sure if the thread has moved on from this yet, but I dutifully completed all the quests and checked in on my city pretty obsessively throughout each day to get the SK that would drop, and I ended at 246. When I did the Winter event last month, I was able to get all the main prizes, and, with a little luck, I got the owl profile picture. But with the Forbidden Ruins event, I tried to do everything right, and I was still way too far short of the last building (let alone even trying for the profile picture, which was one I really wanted!).

I understand the extra perks of royal prizes and stretch prizes requiring diamonds/money, but I thought as a f2p player, I'd be able to get all the main prizes if I worked hard enough at the main event, but I was really disappointed that I couldn't.

I was pleasantly surprised that I had a survey pop up tonight in my app about the Forbidden Ruins event, but I thought the survey did not ask the right questions, or perhaps the questions were inadequate. I answered the question "Did I complete all the quests", but I expected and did not have a follow-up question of "Did I receive all the prizes I expected" or "Did I receive all the buildings in the Forbidden Ruins set" or something. I felt that the survey was not worded well, and it was not open to comments to actually solicit truthful opinions about the event. I felt like my survey responses do not give a complete picture of my thoughts about the event without adding comments, so the impression it gives off is that I thought the event was good, even though I actually am disappointed in the event.

mikeledo

Every event I buy the stash house. I also have a second Ashen Phoenix so I have a 3.2% increase which generally gives me one extra currency per quest. I played by the best pick for advancement posted by Jack. Typically this will get me to a high silver/low gold level. In this last event I manage to get to the portrait in 2 cities (silver league) and in my third city I had to spend 500 diamonds to get the last building and I finished at the Bronze level. This tells me two things. The advancement needs to be adjusted and a lot of people spent cash on this event, I would say to get that extra mana building at the gold level.