• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Huor

My only issue with the stash box is if you can't logon and collect your litter, the stash box will not be as much of a benefit so that's why I buy in with the 400 currency at the start of an event because I like to help support Inno making me new events to play with. Half a large pizza is not a bad investment for 3 to 4 weeks of fun. I do agree the advancement to win the grand prize needs to be adjusted. I also believe in these events you have 2 choices. You can play for the dailies or the grand but not both.

DeletedUser27062

Every event I buy the stash house. I also have a second Ashen Phoenix so I have a 3.2% increase which generally gives me one extra currency per quest. I played by the best pick for advancement posted by Jack. Typically this will get me to a high silver/low gold level. In this last event I manage to get to the portrait in 2 cities (silver league) and in my third city I had to spend 500 diamonds to get the last building and I finished at the Bronze level. This tells me two things. The advancement needs to be adjusted and a lot of people spent cash on this event, I would say to get that extra mana building at the gold level.
One of my cities has a fully evolved ashen plus another base out and I ended up on 220, my second lowest. None of my cities made 260

DeletedUser27062

From experience, I can affirm this.

Related to that, you can wait to claim them from the event until after you've crossed a chapter boundary if you're near enough (by completing the first research in that chapter. For earlier chapters, this is usually Advanced Scouts). I did that during the 2021 Christmas event by rushing the completion of fairies and starting orcs proper before hitting the "claim" button on the grand prizes.
Whether or not that was a smart move with respect to everything else in the game remains to be seen.
That would explain my confusion. Lol

IBut with the Forbidden Ruins event, I tried to do everything right, and I was still way too far short of the last building (let alone even trying for the profile picture, which was one I really wanted!).

I understand the extra perks of royal prizes and stretch prizes requiring diamonds/money, but I thought as a f2p player, I'd be able to get all the main prizes if I worked hard enough at the main event, but I was really disappointed that I couldn't.

Agreed. I understand that the app needs to turn a profit, but if we're not going to stray into Pay-for-Play territory, the events need to be adjusted so that if you complete all the event quests, you are at LEAST guaranteed all the artifacts/buildings needed to complete one (1) of whatever the event prize is.

As it is, I did all the quests and yet still didn't get the final building, leaving a big, disappointing hole in the Forbidden Ruins set up.

Tehya1

As it is, I did all the quests and yet still didn't get the final building, leaving a big, disappointing hole in the Forbidden Ruins set up.
It is hard to get excited about another event when it is likely to be another huge source of stress and disappointment. Too much of this, and it will drive people away from the game. How is that good for inno's bottom line? I did everything that Inno's marketing said that I should do to get the whole set, and I didn't get the last building. I have lost a lot of my enthusiasm for the game overall since the event ended, because it is mirroring rl instead of providing an fun escape from it. If they don't change the odds of winning the whole event building/set to match their advertising claims, they will lose players.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Know what would be epically rude? If the new Sorcery containing this year's Sorcerer event was awarded in FA to the top 3 FSs, alongside the Triumphal buildings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is hard to get excited about another event when it is likely to be another huge source of stress and disappointment. Too much of this, and it will drive people away from the game. How is that good for inno's bottom line? I did everything that Inno's marketing said that I should do to get the whole set, and I didn't get the last building. I have lost a lot of my enthusiasm for the game overall since the event ended, because it is mirroring rl instead of providing an fun escape from it. If they don't change the odds of winning the whole event building/set to match their advertising claims, they will lose players.

And yet, this game has the slowest release, and lowest amount, of seasonal and limited-time events of any browser or mobile free-to-play game that I have ever tried. Many games I have played have a new event start the day after a previous event ended, some even start the new event on the same day the old one ended. While here we get anywhere from a week to three weeks with nothing in between events, which is boring for the players who want more going on, not less. So Inno is not going to win either way, other than that the people who want more are also the ones more likely to spend money in the game.

Tehya1

And yet, this game has the slowest release, and lowest amount, of seasonal and limited-time events of any browser or mobile free-to-play game that I have ever tried.
That really isn't what I was talking about. I said nothing about the frequency of events. I am discouraged, like many others here, over being told in the event promotions that I could get the set by logging in, playing the board (wisely, and I followed advice), doing all of the quests, and picking up sk around my city, which I did all day every day of this event, and the last one. If I still thought I stood a rats chance of being able to get the event building without spending real money in what is supposed to be a f2p game event (and I do spend money on this game already), I would be excited about every event that comes along. I played for the grand prizes and didn't get all of them, not because of a lack of skill, or smart moves, but because of a poorly designed event.

BrinDarby

I dare Inno to release 1 statistic ....
# of players complete'n all 75 tasks, on any of the 8 servers.
anyone doing all the tasks should hit 260, and awarding
Bronze ( top 20% ) with a full set/evolve , is NOT imbalancing
the worlds, on a global scale.....

Having an Event barely hit both Silver and 260, means
currency has been nerf'd too much.... If Inno is worried about
imbalancing the playerbase, allowing someone to barely
hit 260 AND hit Silver ( top 5%) and get 2 xtra bldgs, is far
worse than giving the set to Bronze ppl.

Moho

Chef
Frankly, my three human cities are thriving and I think I've managed to make the best of the Forbidden Ruins event. An additional satisfaction comes from the fact that I spent all my event currency on the penultimate day of the event, when the daily prize was the Frog instant. There is a Brown Bear in my first city, which has allowed me to use the Frogs before but I only did it sparingly. Today I went to the top of the Spire in all the three cities and I employed the Frogs quite generously to handle a large number of encounters and I was more than satisfied with their performance.

my disappointment is festering toward apathy.... and that's not good :(
My disappointment has resulted in a resolve to forego future events. With a couple of exceptions, the prizes were not worthwhile and the requisite tasks were way too demanding for those who actually wanted them. The set is too big (and doesn't quite work). At least some of its pieces were a pleasing (unlike the acceptable-looking (unlike the new backdrop, which is discussed elsewhere in this forum). @Moho yes, hurray for the frogs!

I am SO waiting for something good to say about any new event or feature in this game! Please, Inno, do better!

Pookatan

I have all the buildings (1 each) and they're all attached. All have full production bonuses except 1. Forbidden Ruins bldg. produces only the first 3 of its 5 possible bonuses. What connection am I missing?

The Unbeliever

My main city had some decent luck in hitting the bonus SK currency and ended up falling just 3 pts short of the portrait, however that city also had the bonus 100 e-mail currency + Ashen Phoenix.
I ended up trying my luck at cashing in a Mystical Object chest I had saved up, and amazingly, nabbed the 500 dias, so I sunk them into the 100 SK currency to get the final 3 steps for the portrait, simply because being so close was just annoying the ever living hell out of me! :p

My Elf city which has no Ashen planted, needed 500 extra scrolls via diamonds to get the final piece, but I instead went for the 1000 extra scrolls because that city *also* really, really wanted to finish in Silver league so as to get the selection kit for last year's set building. (I'm short the Forge building in hat city)

So overall, I spent only 4400 dias out of our combined stash, which dad & I will easily recoup within a couple of weeks with just our normal play.

Pookatan

I have all the buildings (1 each) and they're all attached. All have full production bonuses except 1. Forbidden Ruins bldg. produces only the first 3 of its 5 possible bonuses. What connection am I missing?
I have figured it out. All buildings must touch the Forbidden Ruins bldg.