• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forging Broken Runes

kctanzen

I'm in a position where a) chapter progression is such that it will be a *long* time before unlocking another set of Ancient Wonders and b) I have pretty much filled in my available space with the Ancient Wonders that I believe fit my playing style and game enjoyment right now.

My broken runes queue is at 10 and there will be many more weeks of tourneys coming before I can get research to the point where I am ready to use runes for upgrading the Ancient Wonders I have now.

So ... if there was an option inside each wonder allowing the forging to happen right then to make a rune for that wonder, it would be useful.
Currently, this only shows up when there are open slots on the rune wheel for that wonder for research / upgrade needs.
It would only be available for wonders that are already unlocked, so stockpiling runes for a later wonder wouldn't come into play.

The risk being ... it may not automatically fit into the rune wheel when you start placing them, but at least you can then start to fill in the broken queue again from tourneys / chests and such.

bkbajb

I agree that only having 10 broken ruins is too low. With that being said I have gone out of my way when I see that I am running out of rune space, to upgrade my AW's to the next ring so that I do not lose any. I do get several each week during the tournament and it helps me upgrade my AW's. It is a pain but like you I see the benefits of the bonuses given so it helps me all across my cities. Currently both of my live cities are beginning the Woodelves chapter. I am not working on my tech tree until I get all of my AW's to level 10. It is a ton of KP but I am having problems with battles. So my hope is the extra bonuses will strengthen mt troops, allow me to train a lot more and to train them faster. Time will tell.

MirandaZink

Getting more broken runes is actually easy. As you progress in the game, many players decide that Tomes or Endless Evac isn't worth the output so you "sell" the building. BUT you probably have tons of extra runes from those first AW.

Here's what you do:
1. Re-build what you killed. Make sure you have at least 30-40 runes in inventory for that AW - Let's use Tomes as the example.
2. Open up Tomes and continue to place runes. They won't all fit and you will generate broken shards.
3. Once your broken shards fills up (10) to forge a new rune, CLOSE TOME and go to the AW you're missing runes for and forge the rune there (e.g. trying to build Prosperity Towers)
4. Keep repeating - go back to Tome, fill up the broken shards, close Tome, open PT and forge the rune.

kctanzen

I don't know how to do the spiffy @[username inserted here] tag .. Very well explained process to use a space in the city for creating more broken runes.

The aim of my posting wasn't how to make and use broken runes when I have specific wonders needing runes for the open rune wheel, rather to have a mechanism in place to forge them when I am a sizable distance (KP + upgrade time) from getting existing wonders to a point where I can use runes for upgrading again. This is the 3rd week, maybe 4th, that I haven't gotten broken runes from the tourney provinces because I'm at the queue limit -- and the next closest wonder needing them is just over 300 or so KP, plus the upgrade time, to get to a rune level.

Even if the newly forged runes aren't 'guaranteed' to fit but simply get added to the stored queue, that would be a positive outcome.
Getting more broken runes is a fairly trivial process, especially when coupled with the tips Miranda pointed out.

MirandaZink

Hey Kctanzen - sorry I didn't get your initial point. Maybe I need more sleep. You are right it sucks when you max out the queue but don't have a new wonder researched where you can place the rune. But with my "trick" above, I have used the Tome over and over again and will sometimes forge a rune for Tome just to clear my queue. Not ideal but beats a sharp stick in the eye.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@kctanzen
I used to pick a wonder that I had many runes for so that I could go from 4 to 6 in one shot, getting a "free" upgrade, but although it seems counter-intuitive, what I have been doing lately is pushing a wonder to level 5 when I don't have the runes to take it to up to 6. All just to reduce the loss of broken rune shards due to maxing out at 10.
That said, another improvement is definitely called for.
  • Pre-forging runes (your idea)
  • Rainbow runes (insert anywhere, effectively removing the cap completely)
  • Random rune forging(pretty wasteful, maybe should only cost 5?)
  • Extending the bar from 10 to ??
Personally I like rainbow runes best, but it might be too good, so perhaps it would come with an additional cost and be made in the MA?

DeletedUser3507

@kctanzen
I used to pick a wonder that I had many runes for so that I could go from 4 to 6 in one shot, getting a "free" upgrade, but although it seems counter-intuitive, what I have been doing lately is pushing a wonder to level 5 when I don't have the runes to take it to up to 6. All just to reduce the loss of broken rune shards due to maxing out at 10.
That said, another improvement is definitely called for.
  • Pre-forging runes (your idea)
  • Rainbow runes (insert anywhere, effectively removing the cap completely)
  • Random rune forging(pretty wasteful, maybe should only cost 5?)
  • Extending the bar from 10 to ??
Personally I like rainbow runes best, but it might be too good, so perhaps it would come with an additional cost and be made in the MA?

Believe me, my MA is kept busy 24/7 no more new spells, please.....:rolleyes:
Maybe create a AW that makes that spell.....

kctanzen

Idea for Rainbow Rune cost .. 10 broken shards + 2 full runes (player choice) + 1 slot MA + 1 each boosted relics + time required for a 15 relic spell.
Time requirement factors in each component equivalent to a relic for the MA .. so that calculation doesn't have to be added or changed in coding.
Clears the broken queue while also giving a reasonably high / long cost associated to it.

Most folks running into full broken rune queues are going to have a pretty hefty supply of feeder runes and relics.
Assumption is that all 3 boosts are unlocked before this option is available (similar to how different spells unlock in tech tree).
Gives another resource sink for boosted relics.
Time cost is the biggest downside

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
+ time required for a 15 relic spell.
That's far too high imo, 82.5h with a level 2 MA.
1 of each boosted would be 3 relics = 16.5h, which is reasonable.
As previously stated, no More Spells please.....
For players like you it would only be 6 hours, and only maybe 3x per month, so no great drain there.
Don't forget, right now you have nothing, so adding an optional spell would not actually hurt you.
Even if it was double. costing 6 total runes and 12h of your MA 3x per month, I think you can afford to drop to 190% culture for half a day:rolleyes:

kctanzen

Good grief .. my math was all jacked up.
I really need to quit posting flaky ideas when my eyes are droopy.
I have no idea why I was thinking a 15 relic time cost.

Thanks for pointing that out, Soggy.

Laochra

Getting more broken runes is actually easy. As you progress in the game, many players decide that Tomes or Endless Evac isn't worth the output so you "sell" the building. BUT you probably have tons of extra runes from those first AW.

Here's what you do:
1. Re-build what you killed. Make sure you have at least 30-40 runes in inventory for that AW - Let's use Tomes as the example.
2. Open up Tomes and continue to place runes. They won't all fit and you will generate broken shards.
3. Once your broken shards fills up (10) to forge a new rune, CLOSE TOME and go to the AW you're missing runes for and forge the rune there (e.g. trying to build Prosperity Towers)
4. Keep repeating - go back to Tome, fill up the broken shards, close Tome, open PT and forge the rune.
@MirandaZink --I did this yesterday & now have the MH in 3 of my cities! Working out the room I need to add the DB now! I shared with some of my FS friends too.

MirandaZink

@MirandaZink --I did this yesterday & now have the MH in 3 of my cities! Working out the room I need to add the DB now! I shared with some of my FS friends too.

That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you. And I can't take the credit because someone else (sorry can't remember a year back let alone last week) taught me this trick too. :)

MirandaZink

Idea for Rainbow Rune cost .. 10 broken shards + 2 full runes (player choice) + 1 slot MA + 1 each boosted relics + time required for a 15 relic spell.
Time requirement factors in each component equivalent to a relic for the MA .. so that calculation doesn't have to be added or changed in coding.
Clears the broken queue while also giving a reasonably high / long cost associated to it.

Most folks running into full broken rune queues are going to have a pretty hefty supply of feeder runes and relics.
Assumption is that all 3 boosts are unlocked before this option is available (similar to how different spells unlock in tech tree).
Gives another resource sink for boosted relics.
Time cost is the biggest downside

If there was a way to clear the Broken Shards when you're stuck (e.g. everything is researched and nothing new to work on) then I'm for that idea because it's sad to win more shards but they go to the dead zone. Maybe the other option is to have unlimited stock piling of broken shards BUT to have 10 to forge a new rune. This way it's not a spell and it still costs the same however I don't lose inventory.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
People who don't participate in tournaments have a significantly lower broken shard count than those who do. Tying a significant feature to them would be a bit unfair to those people, who are already at a disadvantage in having fewer relics.