• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forging Rune Shards

defiantoneks

so, we've all had the problem and there's been lots of discussion regarding the rune shard capacity at 10. the only solution we have for now is to forge a rune. at present, we have to forge AND insert the rune on a specific AW. my thought is, what if we were forging a rune to go into storage? especially for an AW that may not currently be in rune phase.

example: my Thermal Spring is currently at level 6, so the next rune phase is a bit off for me. I currently only possess 27 more runes for it, and would gladly forge more for the future except that forging is only allowed in rune phase.

so, what if we opened forging for anytime we want? then i can plan and stash a rune for later!

pros? cons?

Zoof

Implementing something like forging a rune for the purpose of storing it would require another interface of sorts since the whole "forging" thing is contained strictly in the domain of AW Rune Phase upgrade, which replaces the Research tab during that time. Having both tabs available at all times would just be confusing as heck. What would you even show in the Runes tab during the Research phase, anyhow? Yes, I know, just keep the thing full during research while any further forging would instead pop off a rune of the type matching the AW you were trying to forge on. Also, how to tell players about this functionality? Pshaw! That would be too easy!

So... uh. Maybe make a new button... or a new tab in the Magic Academy? Rune forging is magical enough, so why the heck not? But only for AWs that you've already built because we can't make it too easy. I can see something like that happening. Something like this, but prettier

1653875895130.png

Go Go Gadget... Crummy MSPaint Skills!

Last edited:

SuNaya Dark

I just forged my very first Rune for my Golden Abyss. I had 10 broken shards, clicked Forge Rune, but...
where is the Rune? Did it auto-insert into one of the 9 spots I need to fill?
(and I hope it did, because I'm sick to death of finally getting a shard, only to have it BREAK trying to place it... How ANNOYING !!)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In the MA crafting you get, occasionally, an option to craft a broken rune shard. Some people, no doubt, do so. But what if you added to the rotation, the ability to craft a rune from your broken rune shards for a specific AW? The AW pops up and says: to craft a rune for this you need 10 broken rune shards. If you have them you can craft the rune shard, if not, you can buy the needed broken rune shards for X amount of diamonds.(?).

But, overall I like any idea that doesn't keep me throwing out broken rune shards when I win them and my broken rune shard bar is full and I have no way to clear it.

AJ

ps, I'm sure it's pointed out before but a "broken rune shard" is impossible since a "rune shard" is a broken rune in the first place. Since the size if the "shard" part (a shard is just a piece) does not matter, breaking a shard in half only gives you two shards, not two "broken rune shards."

SuNaya Dark

In the MA crafting you get, occasionally, an option to craft a broken rune shard. Some people, no doubt, do so. But what if you added to the rotation, the ability to craft a rune from your broken rune shards for a specific AW? The AW pops up and says: to craft a rune for this you need 10 broken rune shards. If you have them you can craft the rune shard, if not, you can buy the needed broken rune shards for X amount of diamonds.(?).

But, overall I like any idea that doesn't keep me throwing out broken rune shards when I win them and my broken rune shard bar is full and I have no way to clear it.

AJ

ps, I'm sure it's pointed out before but a "broken rune shard" is impossible since a "rune shard" is a broken rune in the first place. Since the size if the "shard" part (a shard is just a piece) does not matter, breaking a shard in half only gives you two shards, not two "broken rune shards."
Agreed. We need a larger reservoir for broken shards. OR - each AW should build up its own reservoir of 10.
For new players such as myself, the current system works. But what about later in the game when I have 5 or 6 of them and I'm getting broken shards filling up fast? If the same 10-shard reservoir is all there is, then that's a problem.
And LOSING broken shards? That would anger me. Just like losing any Supplies over what my current Main Hall upgrade can store. That is ridiculous. If we don't lose Ancient Knowledge books, why do we STILL lose the other things? (and I'm only in early Chapter 3 on my cities - I can only imagine how annoyingly frustrating this could be later in the game when it's far more important to advancing!)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
For new players such as myself, the current system works. But what about later in the game when

Well, I'm later in the game and I'm fine with it.
In my experience the farther you get in the game there are more things you cease to woryy about

First it is the stuff like coins, supplies, culture, population
As you go on it is stuff like shards and kp

StarLoad

so, we've all had the problem and there's been lots of discussion regarding the rune shard capacity at 10. the only solution we have for now is to forge a rune. at present, we have to forge AND insert the rune on a specific AW. my thought is, what if we were forging a rune to go into storage? especially for an AW that may not currently be in rune phase.

example: my Thermal Spring is currently at level 6, so the next rune phase is a bit off for me. I currently only possess 27 more runes for it, and would gladly forge more for the future except that forging is only allowed in rune phase.

so, what if we opened forging for anytime we want? then i can plan and stash a rune for later!

pros? cons?
Remember you need to post this to the Idea and Suggestions forum

Ed