• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help Forum "How to" Guide

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Here is a small guide for navigating the forums, It there is anything I missed, please post below and I'll add it.
Click the green circle with the plus sign at the bottom right corner of your screen:
forum guide 6.png

Note: you can't be reading a thread, you need to be viewing the list of threads.
#1 ignore the reply button completely

forum guide 1.png

Instead, click and drag to highlight text that you want to reply to like this:
forum guide 2.png

After clicking the "quote" button that pops up, you can click and drag to highlight another selection if you wish to address more.
Once you have selected each thing you wish to respond to, scroll down to the very bottom and click "insert quotes"

forum guide 3.png

This will then open:
forum guide 4.png

forum guide 5.png
forum guide 7.png

Then you can select Full Image to add it to your post. Make sure it is reasonably small, or cover it with a "spoiler tag"
forum guide 8.png
forum guide 9.png

after you select "Spoiler" you will get a popup asking you to name it
forum guide 10.png
More below, scroll down

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

When you first create a thread you can scroll down lower than the opening post
forum guide 12.png

If you want to add a poll to an existing thread, at the top right of your screen there are "Thread Tools"
forum guide 11.png

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are going to create a poll, please try to add options for players who may have a different opinion.
A poll that only has
"Coke is better than Pepsi"
"Coke is a lot better than Pepsi"
"Coke is way better than Pepsi"

Is not a fair poll.
how to link.png
forum guide avatar and sig.png

There are a couple of forum artists who enjoy making signatures and avatars, you can find their threads here:
Sir Squirrel
druindar faric
These forums are moderated by part time volunteers, so occasionally you may read a post that really doesn't belong here and is in violation of the forum rules(link) when that happens you can report a player by clicking the link here:
11. Reporting rule-breakers
All members have the right to report posts made by members of the forum. The function should be used only to report posts that break the rules and must be accompanied by a reason for the report. After the report has been sent it will be checked by a moderator. Abuse of the report system is prohibited and violators will be warned or - in extreme cases - banned.
report.png

If anyone thinks of more questions that need answering, post in this thread, and I'll see to it.:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser18215

Considering this game does not have Game FAQs on the forum. Honestly not needed due to the Wiki, excellent by the way. I would like to see a presentable formatted thing of how to do basic things on the forum, took me a while to figure out how to start a new thread. This is very helpful. I have been playing Elvenar since late May or early June. I have only been playing on the US since late June. ;) :)

Thank you very much, SoggyShorts. :) :cool: :)

How do you make the title of a thread look like this with large, bolded text preceded by a dot? Can I edit a thread title I created to look like this after I posted the thread?

upload_2018-11-13_7-7-37.png

SoggyShorts

How do you make the title of a thread look like this with large, bolded text preceded by a dot? Can I edit a thread title I created to look like this after I posted the thread?

View attachment 4718
The dot and bolding means that there are posts within the thread that you haven't read yet. The brown background color is because it is a "sticky" or "pinned" thread meaning it will always be at the top. Only forum mods can pin threads.

Laochra

How can you copy+paste a picture into the comments? I don't want to have to save it to my pc. I used to be able to paste it, but now it won't let me. I still can't figure out how to get the spoiler option to work. Is it because I am using Opera? It always worked when I used Chrome, but I would prefer not to use it. When I try to paste now, I get the error message "Please enter a valid message." When I try to type anything with it, it deletes the picture. :oops:o_O:confused:

The dot and bolding means that there are posts within the thread that you haven't read yet. The brown background color is because it is a "sticky" or "pinned" thread meaning it will always be at the top. Only forum mods can pin threads.

Hi Soggy. I guess I never thanked you for the answer you provided. Hopefully better late than never applies :) Not sure if this question should go on this thread or not but since it's about the forum, this seems like it might be a good place for it.

Under our avatars, there is a classification such as "New Member", "Active Member", "Well-Known Member", etc. Does someone know what accomplishments are needed to achieve the various member classifications? Or where I could look that information up? I'm just curious. It doesn't seem to be just based on length of time since joining the forum since I noticed members that joined more recently than I have who have moved into new classifications so I'm guessing there must be other requirements.

Last edited:
Under our avatars, there is a classification such as "New Member", "Active Member", "Well-Known Member", etc. Does someone know what accomplishments are needed to achieve the various member classifications? Or where I could look that information up? I'm just curious. It doesn't seem to be just based on length of time since joining the forum since I noticed members that joined more recently than I have who have moved into new classifications so I'm guessing there must be other requirements.

Well, if anyone does know what the classifications are, I'm still interested. Ashrem, no need to tell me again that it's based on the number of posts, I've read your response & I figured as much. I'm looking for an actual answer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sadly, according to the user guide to Xenforo, that is configured by the forum managers, not a fixed number, and I've never seen the forum managers answer any questions, so I think that unless one of the mods takes in their heads to ask them on our behalf, it will be tough to figure out. At one time we are able to view the complete list of members, and I used it to figure out some stats about the number of players, and they immediately made it impossible to view the complete list of members.