• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Update

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Gath Of Baal

I just realized tht people's so called Start date is gone too. I kind of liked that.
And Bold is easier to read.

edited to not drive the spell check police crazy :)

Just figured out you can still see the start date by clicking the posters name and some more detailed stats pop up

Edit: you do not have to even click a name just hover over the name

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've never thought the forum layout particularly clean so this is an improvement. The font-size problem is easily fixed for those who are using a browser: just hit ctrl and the plus sign. It makes your screen larger from the "inside-out." Which means the center of the screen (where the posts are) is larger and the surrrounding dead space (or advertising space in some things) moves off. The result is larger font sizes. Reverse is just ctrl plus the minus sign. Since defaults usually server the most players well, it might be the answer to many problems even if it is an extra step for some of old foggies. LOL.

As for the general color scheme, I agree that the tan look is dated and not too appealing. Perhaps something like a florescent orange with deep blue font? LOL! (No, please, that was a joke!). But seriously, a very light grey tone I've always found a better fit and easier to read. Veranda is a good choice for the typeface as well.

Just my thoughts.

AJ

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just realized tht people's so called Start date is gone too. I kind of liked that.
And Bold is easier to read.

Of course the date may be meaningless. I read the forum for a couple of years before joining. Then when I tried I had a problem registering that took multiple tries with multiple support tickets. The problem was something totally weird. Something like because I started through Facebook there was some crisscross between US & EN servers so I couldn't register. I even hit foreign support sometimes & US support sometimes. It took finding somebody who communicated between the 2 different support countries to fix it. Lesson learned! Before I would register for a game through Facebook I would try to register directly from then on.

DeletedUser19458

Font sizes are slight struggle for me but I can live with it. Attempting to read quotes gives me a headache :p

Using CTRL+Mouse Wheel is quick fix, but would be nice if I didn't have to do that every time visiting forums (and rather it was a setting in our preferences we could just change, per user).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I tried the *ctrl+* (without the asterisks) to zoom/increase font size on a web page. Closed the forum tab, went into my game and opened forum and the setting was still on zoomed. If this holds for future sessions, I'm set!
I have not had to reset the zoom feature since I posted this yesterday. Every time I come to the forums, it is still where I set it. I suspect I may have to do it again when I clear my browser cache, but for now, this solves the problem without needing to change it every time I come here...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have not had to reset the zoom feature since I posted this yesterday. Every time I come to the forums, it is still where I set it. I suspect I may have to do it again when I clear my browser cache, but for now, this solves the problem without needing to change it every time I come here...

Control+ and Control- do not normally reset when you close your browser. I think mine are set to clear cache whenever the browser is closed and the zoom stays the same, both in Chrome and Firefox.

DeletedUser20951

Have a slightly more nuanced critique now that I've used the new format for a longer duration, although I'm not sure one issue would be applicable to many, as it's dependent on how I personally browse the forums. I keep the main forum directory open in a tab and then open categories, such as the Lounge, in another tab, before loading up each separate thread within, that has new posts, in yet another tab that I close after reading, moving up one thread by one until I'm caught up. This still works, but the delay of the tooltip popup offering a preview of the first post in the thread is maddening. Unless I hover over the thread title for a few seconds, it pops up after I return to the parent directory, and I am forced to move my cursor over the text of what I've already perused and back off of it in order to see and click on the next thread. I'm not adjusting to this; it's annoying. Another problem I've noticed is that the background, in many instances, will reload itself for no good reason. For example, if I leave a conversation, it briefly goes to a blank tan background and then reloads the background picture over it. Nothing forum-breaking, exactly, but it definitely decreases my enjoyment of navigating the forums.

Dopeykr

Love the new look. It's easier to find what I'm looking for in the different subjects. Well done.