• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Update

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

DeletedUser7738

Cleaned up the interface, clearer, less cluttered looking but the forum text font is a little smaller than I remember. It would be nice if we had a "forum settings" option for us old folks & others whose eyes are wearing out ... accessibility options that permanently change some visual settings, not just on the fly or for that session. I like new menu bar across the top instead of the old one that was on the bottom, which always got obscured by the Windows taskbar and/or browser info bar. Have not explored everything on the forums yet, but will watch for other changes/issues as I wander about.

DeletedUser20951

Aye, the tiny default size of the text is an issue for those of us with sight impairments, and it seems much less responsive in opening up posts. Similar enough to the old format that I'll probably adjust in a week or so, which I greatly approve of (STOP ALL OF THE CHANGING FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING TO LOOK NEW, SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS, AND MAKING IT HARDER TO DO STUFF IN THE PROCESS).

LadyMiska

Not sure I'm liking these crazy/small fonts. The Verdana font at size 10 for Quotes and 11 or 12 for Posts/Replies would be easier to read.

Also, the Segoe UI font is typically used within a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for button labels and the like and not really for pages themselves. If you're going to 'stick' with Segoe UI making it a bigger size would help; font size no smaller than 10 for Quotes and 11 or 12 for Comments/Replies would be easier to read.

Just my .02.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I don't like this new format. The tan background is harsh on the eyes and I'm tired of reading tiny print. It's bad enough I have to carry around a magnifying glass with me when I go shopping in order to read the labels, now I need a magnifying glass to read these messages because the font is so tiny. I won't be visiting the forum as much anymore because already my eyes are starting to hurt viewing this forum screen.

Foldedspace

I'll echo the others - I'd love a larger font size and more contrast between the type and background.

In the old format, you could click the little red dot next to a thread title to be taken straight to the first unread post on that thread. Is there a way to do that now? It would be horrible to have to try to figure out where you left off on long threads with hundreds of posts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'll echo the others - I'd love a larger font size and more contrast between the type and background.

In the old format, you could click the little red dot next to a thread title to be taken straight to the first unread post on that thread. Is there a way to do that now? It would be horrible to have to try to figure out where you left off on long threads with hundreds of posts.

I never used that, I just clicked on the thread title and it did the same thing for me, and still does. :)