• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Free, Accessible, No Charge, Expansions/Land :)

Seraphimxx1

Aloha!
Would it be possible to receive free expansion (s)/land? Though it may not seem feasible or profitable, Elvenar could open up all space (s) to all players (no matter what level/rank) and in turn, we would be able to "fill in" the spaces with the "basics, military, goods, culture and settlements. Yes? LOL! Okay, how about winning or earning them in the events? It's a thought & suggestion. *inserted a thumbs up* :p

iii SeraSig01.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is a limited number of expansions and every single expansion is already coded into the game to be either gotten through research or completing provinces or spending diamonds. There are no expansions available in any other way. If someone wants to "win" an expansion, then the only way is to win some diamonds and use them to buy one. Besides, those gotten from research or completing provinces are free already. Players just have to put some effort into unlocking them.

They also make a ton of their money from selling diamonds to people, who then use them to buy expansions, including people who have spent thousands of dollars on diamonds, so they can have every single expansion.

Seraphimxx1

Aloha e Enevhar Aldarion,
Mahalo for your response.

"...every single expansion is already coded into the game to be either gotten through research or completing provinces or spending diamonds." Then maybe an Elvenar II (programmer/designer type upgrade) would do it?

And spending/purchasing diamonds: well, I was trying to avoid that, but to win diamonds I can and have done (in the spire of eternity).

Mahalo again. Happy 2020! Have a blessed week.

P.S. Please excuse and forgive my [technical] ignorance but I'm fairly new to the game and though my suggestion may not be feasible nor profitable to InnoGames I, like many others, have noticed (or rather, wanted) a few things that could be changed or upgraded to make my game play a little easier and fun.;) Not to mention inexpensive/at no cost for land expansion (s) :p
iii SeraSig01.jpg

DeletedUser2870

@Seraphimxx1
So you are saying you want everything for free right away.
Sorry, but that is a way to ruin the game. If everyone had access to all expansions right away first of all the game would be way too easy since it would be easy to start a new city and just fill up everything with low-level buildings.
Secondly, it would mean all the expansions in the techtree are moot, as well as all the ones gained from exploring. Having both those mechanics rendered obsolete would completely change the game
Thirdly, any game NEEDS something to convince players to spend money. Devs need to eat, servers need to be maintained etc. So either there need to be premium features that players pay for, or one needs to get income from commercials or something like that. Space is ultimately the rarest resource in elvenar, so it would seem right it is the hardest to get.

The game is playable without diamonds, but easier with. But you can get free diamonds from the Spire and the wishing well. If you really don't want to spend any real money, the best strategy was to focus on those and use those diamonds to get premium expansions, as they are -in my opionion- the best investment

DeletedUser8604

Aloha!
Would it be possible to receive free expansion (s)/land? Though it may not seem feasible or profitable, Elvenar could open up all space (s) to all players (no matter what level/rank) and in turn, we would be able to "fill in" the spaces with the "basics, military, goods, culture and settlements. Yes? LOL! Okay, how about winning or earning them in the events? It's a thought & suggestion. *inserted a thumbs up* :p

yes, i agree wining them or earning I too feel as a more win-win option for Elvenar game and the players!

Seraphimxx1

@Seraphimxx1
So you are saying you want everything for free right away.
Sorry, but that is a way to ruin the game. If everyone had access to all expansions right away first of all the game would be way too easy since it would be easy to start a new city and just fill up everything with low-level buildings.
Secondly, it would mean all the expansions in the techtree are moot, as well as all the ones gained from exploring. Having both those mechanics rendered obsolete would completely change the game
Thirdly, any game NEEDS something to convince players to spend money. Devs need to eat, servers need to be maintained etc. So either there need to be premium features that players pay for, or one needs to get income from commercials or something like that. Space is ultimately the rarest resource in elvenar, so it would seem right it is the hardest to get.

The game is playable without diamonds, but easier with. But you can get free diamonds from the Spire and the wishing well. If you really don't want to spend any real money, the best strategy was to focus on those and use those diamonds to get premium expansions, as they are -in my opionion- the best investment
Aloha Dhurrin and mahalo for your reply.
"So you are saying you want everything for free right away." On the contrary. The post is not for "ALL" free...just expansions. The rest, like most online games are the same. My suggestion was just that, a suggestion.
iii SeraSig01.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser20890

well, I for one would like a little something, sans diamonds. after a year of playing, it is just too time consuming. I cant afford to pay to play, so I will have to find another medium for distraction. my guys are too weak to fight, and I am tired of beating my head against the wall. its been fun.....

shimmerfly

It is not meant to be a fast game but requires some strategy on the players part. Where would the challenge be if you received all the expansions for free?
Space has always been one of the challenges of the game. It makes you plan ahead. If it were that easy a lot of us wouldn't bother playing.
Keep the ideas coming though and good luck.

DeletedUser2870

Aloha Dhurrin and mahalo for your reply.
"So you are saying you want everything for free right away." On the contrary. The post is not for "ALL" free...just expansions. The rest, like most online games are the same. My suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

Don't get me wrong, I always am interested in players shooting suggestions onto the forum.
My point is that space is the ultimate resource here and everything is tied to that, so it would in fact mean 'all' after all.
If all expansions were freely available, someone just starting could within an hour fill out the whole grid with residences, workshops, factories and basic culture to keep it all going. That means that within a few hours you can amass a huge amount of supplies and goods and coins, a little while after that a lot of armories could be added, enough to keep the barracks going 24/7, which would be nice since one already receives a lot of troops at the start and this would mean an instant way of replenishing those and building up more troops for the fights ahead.
And due to the huge amount of space usable for low-level buildings, one wouldn't even need a fellowship since the non-boosted goods could be produced as easily as the boosted goods, especially since the boost at first is not that much.
As one progresses the builders can be occupied constantly, upgrading just a few buildings at a time while still maintaining the rest as a sort of bonus, which especially in the first few chapters would make a huge impact.
It also would mean the game would become pretty boring, since one would have to wait for the KPs to come along for the research to be completed since no other factor would be in any kind be limited. Nor would planning the city or make choices on what to place be any kind of challenge anymore.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
well, I for one would like a little something, sans diamonds. after a year of playing, it is just too time consuming. I cant afford to pay to play, so I will have to find another medium for distraction. my guys are too weak to fight, and I am tired of beating my head against the wall. its been fun.....
I've been playing since October, and the only diamond purchase I made was when my son gifted me with 20 dollars worth of diamonds for Christmas. I won't buy anything else (until Mother's Day, lol). Your guys, after a year, should be strong enough to fight the simple battles and you should earn enough from your boosts to cater the rest. I used to cater everything, but that got expensive so I built up my armories and now have a bit easier time of it. Before Christmas, I was still managing without any diamonds spent. This may be time consuming, but it is time that's enjoyable. Instant gratification doesn't really make for a rewarding, long-lasting experience. If you make it to the higher levels through a lot of effort, it will feel like an accomplishment (particularly if you have a good fellowship that are grateful for your efforts). I never beat my head against the wall, no matter what. I've been disappointed sometimes (like the time I lost tons of diamonds by accident, because I didn't know I could go into tools and check the box to be asked first if I want to spend diamonds.) I've been angry, too, when I found that I couldn't get blueprints through any other way than 10 chests (and my fellowship will never get there, even if I did beat my head against the wall.) But those things last 5 minutes and disappear in the magic and beauty of this game. Maybe you just need to take a break, to remind yourself why you started playing in the first place. I've played a lot of games over the years, and this is by far the best. Every game has its setbacks, just as life does. Don't give up entirely because something is difficult. Just take a break and come back with new eyes and a new enjoyment of the game.

DeletedUser24180

I don’t agree that all expansions should be free, I would love if they were a little less expensive. The diamond purchase one jump in price so much and the expansions you use KP for get much harder to “buy” be ecause of the number of goods you need, to me once you put in the KP required you shouldn’t have to put in the goods as well. Then the expansions you earn for provinces is high as well because the fighting changes very quickly from easy/medium to hard/extremely hard and for newer players they quickly become almost impossible because of limited good and armies and how long it takes to rebuild your army and replenish your goods.

While I don’t believe the expansions should be free, I do think they should be a little easier to earn...especially considering many players can’t afford to buy diamonds and some don’t have wishing wells to produce diamonds and others aren’t able to do the spire yet and are stuck in what they can do to help themselves because they can’t continue to build when they can’t get expansions to build on.

NightshadeCS

The space can seem daunting at certain points, but if you try to change your way of thinking a little, and consider the lack of space as an integral challenge inherent to the game, it can actually become quite satisfying. There is something wonderful that comes after spending time rearranging everything and analyzing buildings (should I keep or can I do better without?). My city gets sloppy, and when a new chapter comes along, it is time to get it all in order.

Diamonds and land are the rarest and most valuable items in the game, and I for one want them to stay that way. :) :) :)

DeletedUser2870

I don’t agree that all expansions should be free, I would love if they were a little less expensive. The diamond purchase one jump in price so much and the expansions you use KP for get much harder to “buy” be ecause of the number of goods you need, to me once you put in the KP required you shouldn’t have to put in the goods as well. Then the expansions you earn for provinces is high as well because the fighting changes very quickly from easy/medium to hard/extremely hard and for newer players they quickly become almost impossible because of limited good and armies and how long it takes to rebuild your army and replenish your goods.

While I don’t believe the expansions should be free, I do think they should be a little easier to earn...especially considering many players can’t afford to buy diamonds and some don’t have wishing wells to produce diamonds and others aren’t able to do the spire yet and are stuck in what they can do to help themselves because they can’t continue to build when they can’t get expansions to build on.

I agree there. Now I'm an old dog here, so I still remember the moment they upped the prices for premium-expansions and made sure I spent my diamonds on a lot of them before that went into effect.
Though I understand the principle of having to pay for them as a sound business-model, I feel they would be selling way MORE expansions if the the prices weren't so ridiculously high. I'm at a point where an expansion would be $50,- or more. I'm not opposed to spending some money on a game, even on a regular basis, but that price is ridiculous for a little bit of virtual space.
Since there isn't actually much else I need diamonds for, I've pretty much stopped buying them. The wishing wells and the Spire provide low amounts of free diamonds and I'll just save those until I have enough to get another premium expansion. If the prices were lower, I might be tempted to actually spend some money on it. High prices SEEM to provide higher revenue, but that only is per purchase. If the amount of purchases goes down it may be contra-productive.

Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. I felt I wasn't getting anywhere either. I started to upgrade buildings, residences, doing more provinces and things started to look up. I bought diamonds one time ($10.) I pay more for another games site so spending a little here wasn't a bad investment. It takes time to build a city. Are you in a fellowship that can help you with trades? My fellowship is wonderful and I have learned so much from them. Hang in there, it really is worth it.