• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Frequency of Events

Smooper

There has probably been a discussion about this but my recent searching didn't come up with anything. Please scroll on if this doesn't interest you.

For my fellowship and me personally, I feel that there are too many events. I would like maybe 3 weeks in between events so that our fellowship can make pushes in tournament and spire and not feel constantly busy with other events. Our fellowship is full of active players but some are quiet and just do their thing every couple days. We also have some hard-core players who are on a lot and move through the chapters quite quickly. I am sure the event frequency is fine for certain fellowships but as AM of mine I only have one perspective. What does everyone think about this and how do you deal with all the things you could be doing in Elvenar?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yes, too frequent, but they are optional. You don't have to do the events. I've not played as long as some other players, but I've already ran out of room to fit all the buildings. Some events are only worth a half-assed effort as the main event evolve building's not worth the time or space. On the flip side, there are people done with Chap waiting for something to do.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope, not enough events. It needs to be like a lot of other games and only have 2 or 3 days in between events ending and starting. One game I used to play started a new event the same day the previous one ended. More than a week in between makes things boring.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I find, like most things in this game, that each player has to develop their own strategy to incorporate events into their game play. That's going to look significantly different for different playstyles.
Ex:
Player A at mid-game chapters enjoys speeding through chapters, doing the storyline quests as they appear. Their Spire strategy is to complete the Laboratory each week and go to the top every month or so. They average around 2500 tourney pts/wk.
Player B at high game chapters is parked between chapters for a break. Their Spire strategy is going to the top weekly. They average around 6000 tourney pts/wk.
Player C at early chapters is struggling with space limitations as well as absorbing/integrating game mechanics in a way that makes sense to them. They're putting their toes in the waters of Spire/tourney but haven't yet developed a consistent strategy for either.
^^Note that none of those scenarios even take into consideration whether the player is a 'several times a day', once/day, or weekend only player. There's way more variety in play styles than most players ever consider.

Each of those players will look at events differently. A 'break' for one will be boring down time for another while even having an event can be confusing as all get out for the 3rd, lol! There's just not a clear path to meet the needs of all players all the time. I think Inno does a fair job of making features available that can be incorporated into a huge variety of play styles.

Smooper

So, Enevhar, in these other games were there other activities to do also. Elvenar has many things you can do when events aren't going on. If you count the Spire and Tournaments as events, then there are always events going on and sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. Just find it hard to do everything and then performance suffers in weekly events.

Smooper

tiG23, the point is they won't push a fellowship activity if they are working hard on an event. Obviously any player will do what they can or choose to do but if I want a spire push and there is an event going on then they are not as active in the spire. Free time to do things in a game is a big consideration.

Nerwa

For the 3-week events a lot of my Khel FS uses the Beta guides to push through a bunch of events in the 1st week & then coast during weeks 2 & 3.

We are non-push for Spire/tourney. But if we were then weeks 2 & 3 would be low-key enough to do a Spire push or whatever.

ETA: Much, much gratitude to the Beta players for the guides!!

Smooper

Nerwa, that seems a good solution but you must share information on the event in something other than fellowship mail or chat. I am thinking about creating some outside site for this. Perhaps a Facebook group or a Discord site. I wonder if lots of other fellowships do this and what works best for them.

Nerwa

Nerwa, that seems a good solution but you must share information on the event in something other than fellowship mail or chat. I am thinking about creating some outside site for this. Perhaps a Facebook group or a Discord site. I wonder if lots of other fellowships do this and what works best for them.
One of our members (@BrinDarby) transcribes key event info - quests & daily prizes - into a series of messages so that it's all available in-game. Somebody usually posts a link directly to one of the spreadsheets as well, for people who prefer that format.

Alram

Flippers just flip
If you ignore tourney, spire and adventures, what the point of being in a FS?
Friendship, conversation, trade partners, regular visitors, and the freedom to come and go and build as you like.(?) There could be more that I can't think of :)
I do not think that frequency of events should be reduced to accommodate people who can already freely choose to completely ignore them.

crackie

The message just needs to say "Google iDavis Elvenar".

Zoof

If you ignore tourney, spire and adventures, what the point of being in a FS?
To have... fellowship? Sorry, not sorry

But for (semi-)realsies, if you're not tourneying, spiring, or adventuring, perhaps you just want to park your city in a place where the ravages of the Gold Mine Tentacle Shadows™ have no power over you and does not tempt your builders with "encouragement". A comfortable, companionable silence, knowing that you're not utterly alone but unwilling to do anything more than the bare minimum of city gardening. Or perhaps a safe place to extend your trading routes to the ends of the earth Elvenar.

At least, that's my take.

To extend that "gardening" metaphor to absurd levels, I think a few of us enjoy making ours a bit more active to fend off zombies and other exciting things. Or to go off on expeditions to bring home the golden kernels of truth or shiny diamonds. None of it is strictly necessary but there's something for everyone. Or not if you're hankering for that good ol' fashioned Orc Fantasy Football action. One of these days. If it's suggested enough.

crackie

A small event shantytown means you can pretty much play your city normally and still finish all the quests. Halfway through the quests, you won't even need the shantytown anymore. Once you hit the locked dailies, you just play your city as normal and can complete the quests. One doesn't really need to push that hard on events. If you complete all the quests, your success in evolving your building is pretty much the RNG gods messing with your free currency.

Talaedraiia

When you say events, I’m assuming you are including the Fellowship Adventures because without them you would have around a three week break. So why don’t you make your tourney and spire pushes during the FA and build your city while you are doing the others. Think of all the badges you can make and all the great evolving buildings you will gain:D

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The simplest advice is just skip the events, ignore them if you want a break. You could do the same for FA's, lots of work and little reward. For the events if you just do what you normally do you will still get free stuff (why not, its free) but there is no need to try and complete the quests. Personally the rewards from events have rarely being worthy of much effort and often the best rewards are not the major things on offer.

Many fellowships do the minimum in FA's or debate each FA what effort they want to do, reality is you can do the same for events and only you have to agree with what you think is best. Thanks to lots of fan sites and beta you know the rewards ahead of time so it is easy to weigh the effort verse the reward.

You could skip tournament and/or spire as some suggest although I would not recommend it, spire least of all. Simply because those 2 things provide so much benefit to your town. Plenty of people have "off" weeks where they do less effort than an "on" week but they keep doing it to get the personal rewards.

From my experience rarely does a fellowship ignore spire/tourny, not focus on it would be a better descriptor for lots of fellowships. But even in those fellowships spire and tournaments happen because it is the personal gains are so beneficial. Even minimal effort gets you decent rewards. It simply comes down to time/effort and the value placed by a person on them.