• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FS going for 10th chest, what tour is best to try?(and other advice plz)

DeletedUser1010

Hello all! My FS is wanting to try for it(10th chest/blueprint), and need the advice of all you experts here! so Plz any advice or tips...lay them on me=)) like which tour is the easiest one to try and go all the way with?

Thank you so so so much for any info<3 <3 <3

DeletedUser3640

Elixir and planks share 1st place of being the easiest ones. Heavy ranged units have both great survivability and damage.... Elixir being a bit easier due to higher number of enemy melee units (I think, might need confirmation though).

Steel takes 2nd place. Light ranged units are your key units.. Nuff said.

Silk takes 3rd... even though you don't get the opportunity to strike first and/or kill almost everything before it even reaches you like in planks/steel/elixir fights are quite easy.

I've heard that gems and marble are really easy if you have dogs... Built my training grounds after gems tournament was over, will see how they do in marble tournament.

But that's if you have a lot of "fighters" in your FS. If you have a lot of "traders" who prefer to cater fights, then tips don't matter. Just stockpile necessary goods.

P.S. Our FS is going for 10th chest in Planks tournament.... Too bad that steel and planks are one after another.

Shellizzie

Our FS is going for the 10 chest run for planks as well. Mostly because of a large amount of planks members who need the boosts. We have begun hoarding our goods and stockpiling units. We already hit the 6th chest almost every week. Just be prepared and make sure everyone is on board.

DeletedUser2963

Province selection is important, but don't neglect what @Shellizzie said. Preparation and on boarding :). My FS decided to make a big push, we picked steel based of ease and boost % in the FS, we gave ourselves several weeks to hoard goods and build troops. Best of luck :)

Marble, crystal and gems would be the big ones to avoid for your first big push, imo.

edeba

Encourage everyone to start early so the 6th level is reached. The first level is 30 points per province cleared and the 6th level is 60 points per province cleared.

Thistleknot

One other consideration is "How many provinces can each person complete and to what level?'. Optimally you would have 25 people do six tourneys to 6 stars each. That requires getting up early and staying up late on Wednesday or Thursday. The other option is that if you can't do the six tourneys to 6 stars, you could do 8 tourneys to 5 stars. Make sure people are aware of what is required.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One other consideration is "How many provinces can each person complete and to what level?'. Optimally you would have 25 people do six tourneys to 6 stars each. That requires getting up early and staying up late on Wednesday or Thursday. The other option is that if you can't do the six tourneys to 6 stars, you could do 8 tourneys to 5 stars. Make sure people are aware of what is required.
I'd love to know the difference in catering costs between doing 6x6, 8x5,11x4
If they are close, I'd recommend that as many players as possible go for 11x4 so that you have more information sooner, and if a couple players fall short you can make it up.

DeletedUser1010

Wow thank you all so much for all this wonderful info! I promise my fellowship will put it to good use! SoggyShorts lol yes I meant (Tour)anments! Hehe you caught me lazy texting;p Anyways will let ya all know how it goes! we have made it to the 8th chest before with 22players taking part, we have alittle ways to go getting the last four to want to participate! Lol

DeletedUser3640

Marble, crystal and gems would be the big ones to avoid for your first big push, imo.

Turns out Marble is completely fine. Our first 10th chest...didn't intend to push it, but I guess it was easy enough for our guys to make it.

Screenshot_10.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

DeletedUser1010

@Reiq and @jps54 Awesome job to you and your FS on getting the 10th chest. My FS has a few members who doesn't see the benefit/vaule in doing the toureys so we cant get them to participate! Looks like getting the 10th chest will not happen for us anytime soon. I understand our Archmage not wanting to force players to participate but I was hoping they'd do it for the other 20+ members who do=/ Ol well that's life lol=p

edeba

Catti,

You might consider working on getting a tournament fellowship. Look at the tournament results and ask people if their fellowship has good tournament participation, and if it does if there might be an opening, or alternatively, if the person would be interested in forming a strong tournament group.

I ended up leaving my fellowship looking for players more interested in the tournament before the tournament changes.

If you already have 20 members interested in the tournament it is shame your archmage doesn't replace those that aren't interested.

You are getting the 9th box?

@Reiq and @jps54 Awesome job to you and your FS on getting the 10th chest. My FS has a few members who doesn't see the benefit/vaule in doing the toureys so we cant get them to participate! Looks like getting the 10th chest will not happen for us anytime soon. I understand our Archmage not wanting to force players to participate but I was hoping they'd do it for the other 20+ members who do=/ Ol well that's life lol=p

DeletedUser2824

If you already have 20 members interested in the tournament it is shame your archmage doesn't replace those that aren't interested.

This line right here is what everyone was afraid of when they said they were going to change the tournaments to a fellowship thing. While some fellowships are more competitive than others and have adapted their rules to include tournament participation, the goals and directions of everyone’s fellowships differ. For mine, my goal never was rank or competition, and the pups who have been drawn to my fellowship are mostly happy and laid back, and most of them have a lot going on in their lives and can’t always devote a lot of time to the game. For me to start placing more emphasis on tournaments would be a major direction change, and in a direction that isn’t as important to me.