• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FS Membership Request

Silver Lady

One FS I’m in received a request to join from a fairly high ranking player. That would on the face of it seem to be good, but when the player was checked out on Elvenstats they have a history of changing FS every month or so. Is it worth taking this player on for a month or should they be avoided?

Crow Last Elf

I would ask them why they switch every month or so and see if I find the explanation reasonable and if I could live with the answer. As long as they are not a spy for a fs that they keep returning to.

Also, your members may have played with the player before, or have contacts with fs that the player played in before. If you want to learn more, you could try to reach out to former teammates in some way.

I would say that players that I have played with that left the fs and continued to hop around were looking for the right fit and didn't feel that the fs should change to suit them. So they went to another fs rather than complain or ask for something to be done differently.

Kekune

You could also try reaching out to a couple of the AMs from the groups they've left to see if there's a personality problem, drama, etc. Be careful doing that because you don't necessarily know that the person you're asking is a good source, but if two AMs tell you they had similar problems, I'd trust that.

CrusaderMichael

I switched FS's every couple weeks average... sometimes the greatest of all Elvenar players do this because so many other FS's have huge problems that arise.

Yes... i am one of the greatest Elvenar players.

Crow Last Elf

Been looking for a better fit and he’s discovered me but he’s just outside my discovered neighborhood.

That's a great opportunity then! Whenever I strike up a conversation with any members of my neighbourhood, I usually end up thinking, "I wish we had a spot for them in the fs". If only it wasn't a double edged sword of "losing" an active neighbour.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That's a great opportunity then! Whenever I strike up a conversation with any members of my neighbourhood, I usually end up thinking, "I wish we had a spot for them in the fs". If only it wasn't a double edged sword of "losing" an active neighbour.
Agree! After talking to neighbors for a bit, you get the feel of their playing style, drive, willingness to learn, and personality. That speaks wonders in terms of whether they'll be a good fit for your FS or not, more than just looking at numbers alone.