• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Funny story

DeletedUser20396

This just happened.
I'm calling it, 'Dunk the Chicken', by saphirra brightscales.

This afternoon we had a little of a fesco. We found 2 nest of brooding chickens. Now for ya'll not born or raised on farm, a brooding chicken is trying to hatch her eggs. We don't have a rooster, and therefore pointless. So, my mom had heard of a remedy, dunk the chicken in water, making sure it's head got wet, and it's body. So i grabbed up a chicken that was brooding, took it to mama, and she said, 'Dunk them all, keep them from brooding,' so i took it to the ducks pond over by the foscet, and grabbed it by the feet, and dunked it. Now we have six chickens, and i had 5 left to dunk. So with the help of our mutt(meaning mixed blood) we hunted and chased down the other 5, dunking them as we got them. Now they're dunked, and hopefully will stop brooding.

The end.

DeletedUser20396

Well, on one chicken it didn't, so i dunked her another 2 times, and so far it's been good.

shimmerfly

Enjoyed your story!
I hope it works, I'd love to see a video of that especially with the dog helping.
Nice to have free roaming hens.

DeletedUser20396

Sorry, but my hands were busy, and didn't have a camera man. Thank you for the com0laments.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Interesting but I wonder how the chickens felt about it. Not sure how or why it would work but it sounds like it did. Or maybe the time it took the hens to dry off and get back to the (I presume empty) nests was enough that they forgot about the eggs entirely or thought they had been gone too long for them to be viable (this last is a stretch as chickens aren't the smartest animal in the barn).

AND I wonder where your mom learned about dunking chickens -- or who was the first person to figure it out for that matter. Who said, "hmmmm... their brooding on unfertilized eggs, I'll dunk them in water to stop that behavior!"

I guess the story was "wonder-full".

AJ

DeletedUser20396

Lol @ajqtrz i don't have answers to any of those. :D but i do know that the nest actually had 2 eggs left with black x's on them.