• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

game downfall

skeeter6060

I have been playing the game for years and have enjoyed it very much. I have been AM of the goblin kings and we are a top 100 fellowship ranked in the 60's we came from 600 when I started we finish it top 20 last couple adventures were very active. This game used to be fun and enjoyable I do understand the game owners need to make money and that comes from us spending. I have never been a big spender but I did spend. With all the changes now and the spire and now we can't build manus and ws for adventures the lack of being able to get more space it has now became a pain in the ass trying to move our selves forward let alone a fellowship. I have resigned as am and haven't really haven't played the game for weeks and don't see a return even with all the messages from my fellowship members about returning. people are upset with just about all the changes and things they can't do anymore. I was just going to walk away but I do have a bound to my players so I am atleast voicing their concerns though from actions I have been seeing lately it is a waste of time. but someone better listen to the players and put some fun back into it or there is about to be a mass exit. Ok I have said my piece so have a nice day.

Risen Malchiah

This game used to be fun and enjoyable.... With all the changes now and the spire and now we can't build manus and ws for adventures the lack of being able to get more space it has now became a pain in the ass trying to move our selves forward let alone a fellowship. I have resigned as am and haven't really haven't played the game for weeks.... I was just going to walk away but I do have a bound to my players so I am atleast voicing their concerns though from actions I have been seeing lately it is a waste of time.
Certainly a game is only worth playing as long as it is fun and enjoyable. Otherwise, why bother? So in that regard, I understand your frustrations. And I applaud that you didn't "just walk away" as I abhor archmages who just disappear. It happens far too often and I don't understand why. I mean, they should at least have respect to pass the torch and say goodbye rather than ghosting their own fellowship.

Anyway, with regards to changes in the game, I believe many of these are changes that are likely to be adjusted. The more players provide feedback, the more likely the game designers are to respond positively. I know we like to be cynical but there have indeed been many positive changes over the last year or so:

- The improvements to Fellowship Adventures. (Still needs improvement, but it's vastly better than what it was.)
- Mobile's quick visits coming to browser is already making a difference in the number of visits people are doing.
- The spire, while still difficult, is much easier than when it was first introduced and it's only been a few weeks since the extra rewards were added.
- Tournament rewards got much better since they were first introduced.
- Crafting!! It's awesome and fundamentally changes many other aspects of the game, usually for the better.

And while some recent events are really bad, there have been great ones this past year. The Phoenix event was outstanding. And while the Autumn Zodiac event was badly designed, the Bears are amazing (well, the Brown & Polar are at least.... the Panda should go back to kung fu school and get better).

TLDR.... Lots of changes. Some bad. Many good. If you need a break, take one. But please consider coming back down the road as things could be very different a few months to a year from now.

Last edited:

dikke ikke

I always wanted to be a top 100 player on US3 server, but as a free player that was becoming harder and harder to do because with maxed out 'normal' expansions using prime expansions was the only option to keep growing and hold my spot in the top 100. So i have started Diamond farms on the other US servers, in the beginning they only had a few farms, but now, 1 year later, they are all at level 4 and producing good quantities of diamonds. The time i used to spend on fighting tourneys mostly manualy, i spend now on 'farming' especially when an event is going on to have spare WW for those who fell dry after 100 days. I am now at 132 expansions coming from 116 so i am halfway to get to 148. My goal for 2020 is to get to 148 expansions, get into the top 50 on US3 and if possible into the top 20.

DeletedUser12171

The thing about MMO games that gain traction is they never really die. Ragnarok Online is still alive and kicking more than 15 years on, and so are dozens of other games. New people will join and diehards will remain. It's good to be able to walk away when you wish to

Socrates28

While I certainly acknowledge that there have been changes in the game, and as mentioned by @Risen Malchiah above - good and not so good, to a certain extent it mirrors our lives. Time passes and with it changes come and go, some good and some not. We adapt to these events and move on to find new ways of reaching our goals, which also change with time and life events. One thing I have learned is that boredom is a killer. If this game had not consistently challenged me I probably would have dropped out long ago. New chapters, Spire, events, and challenges move me to meet them. If the old way will not work, I try a new way. Sometimes they work and sometimes not, and that is the fun of Elvenar. To quote an old sports program, "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" keep me moving forward. I am sorry that you no longer have that motivation to over come our new challenges in new ways. Happy gaming @skeeter6060 here or elsewhere.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think the newer players like me will come into this game and say, "Wow, this is wonderful," while the older players miss the good things that have fallen by the wayside. Us newbies don't know about them so can't miss them. We go based on what we see today, and from this perspective, the game really is the best I've ever played. It's human nature to want things to keep improving rather than to see some beloved things lost. I'm sure I'll be complaining in future about something I miss, but it's always nice to take a step back and see it through new eyes. I hope I never lose sight of the good things. I guess if that happens, I'll leave, but I can't see that happening. This place is magical to me, and I'm so grateful I've found it.

skeeter6060

I appreciate everyones responses and have read them some are living in a bubble and refusing to see or hear any negative comments about this game. I am coming back as AM because the person appointed as my replacement left and I will not let my friends hang. but all you need to do is read the posts on fb pages am page gems page and you will see people tired of the game being made to diffacult for the rewards and prizes offered I know of several players who have left for the very reason they have voiced concerns and basicly were completely ignored and have moved on to another game. I have no ill regards to this game and have made many friends I will leave it up to the fellowship as to if we play this adventure and it's a shame if we don't play we have finished in the top 20 last 2 adventures and have climbed higher each one over the last couple years. it's just hard to sell the adventures and other happenings when they keep getting made harder and harder but the prizes are very common or not worth the effort needed to complete the tasks giving. see ya in the game and remember it's a game we are playing for fun I'm sure none of us need another job.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@skeeter6060 it's hard to tell if it's intentional, or you just haven't noticed (maybe you have view signatures turned off?) but your signature looks like this:
1578429129223.png

GlamDoll

but someone better listen to the players and put some fun back into it or there is about to be a mass exit.

Sadly, this happens more than anyone will admit, ever. (But, it's more of a trickle effect, imo). I have watched it happen to Lord of The Rings Online & Age of Conan Online, (To give just TWO examples)...I have even watched some games/developers close up shop. Now that validity is outta the way...

Expound? Sure.

Lord of The Rings....did world consolidation. Many servers (worlds) went away. Free transfer to ALL players, to a server that would remain.

Age of Conan...Changed the 'core' of the game SO much, that a mass exodus did happen, eventually. Result? It basically went into maintenance-mode. Even the game-store is NOT even a shadow of what it once was, not to say anything about it's events or new content.

With that said, I know a thing or two, because I have seen a thing or two. ( Yeah Farmer's Ins. slogan)!!

No disclaimer, but YMMV.

Edited: Why not. The real reasons for the edit?

A: I spelled affect, instead of effect.
B: In LOTRO (Lord of The Rings Online), we had a 'global' channel called "GLFF" (Made by a gamer/user)...Why? You guessed it. No world chat, for trades/parties/raids. (Sound familiar?) Your trades don't even reach 'world' status here, til sentient. It's by design & pattern. The more we recognize, the less we are bamboozled.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
yes I don't know what happened
If your signature was done by Sir Squirrel or Druindar Faric: They've had issues with sigs showing up since the forums were updated. It seems mine came over with the update, but the hosting site(s) they use(d) are apparently not compatible with the updated forum. If I tried to change mine and then change back, it would look like yours, I think. They've been trying to come up with a solution, but it looks like that involves using a paid hosting site...

I've read this message probably 1,000 times over the last 25+ years. No 'mass exit' has ever followed one.

Kingdoms of Camelot had a mass exit once. After a scandal where ppl that abused a bug got a reward and honest ppl who didn't abuse the bug did NOT get the same reward, they lost half their daily user base according to a third party metrics site in just 30 days- and it's NEVER come back to pre-exodus levels.

skeeter6060

If your signature was done by Sir Squirrel or Druindar Faric: They've had issues with sigs showing up since the forums were updated. It seems mine came over with the update, but the hosting site(s) they use(d) are apparently not compatible with the updated forum. If I tried to change mine and then change back, it would look like yours, I think. They've been trying to come up with a solution, but it looks like that involves using a paid hosting site...
Yes it was done by Sir Squirrel