• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game freeze when loading map or battle

DeletedUser854

Well like the title say, when I try to open the map or fight the game freeze, the loading bar does not move anymore even after waiting a while (a lot)!
It is random, I've closed the browser, cleaned temporary files, and try again, once I could enter into the map, and wanted to fight I got the same problem in the fight.
Also sometimes in fights I can't see my units, I have to guess when moving.

Windows 7 Pro.
Chrome and Firefox up to date.

Hope you can fix the game. Thanks. o_O

DeletedUser61

"The game" is working fine for most of us. You'll need to post your system configuration,
and the other details that are requested in https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-bug-reporting.13/
so that the developers will have an opportunity to determine the cause of your game freezes.

Meanwhile, you didn't mention Hardware Acceleration, so that's worth looking at. It's under the Gear > Options icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen, and it's particularly useful on systems that are performance limited.

On that same page you'll be able to select the resolution of your battle screen. I prefer the medium resolution option.

DeletedUser43

teuchmann....I know the problem you are experiencing, I have it all the time. It is a known bug.

Try this: in the bottom right hand of your screen you will see a gear icon. Click that and there is another tiny gear icon. Click that and on the bottom of the drop down list is a hardware accelerator. It will either be checked or not checked. Try doing the opposite...if it is checked, uncheck it, if unchecked...check it. Then it will have you reload the game.

For me, on my system, I have to have the hardware accelerator off or the world map freezes as it is trying to load. Then, I need to turn it back on again for other tasks.....such as moving buildings around my neighborhood or giving neighborly help through the fellowship. Certain things it makes better, certain things it makes worse.

Try that and see if it helps at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have this issue too. It's better than it's been, but it still freezes sometimes. It's not just when loading a battle though. Even when I try to load the tech tree, it'll freeze on me. Tech tree, province, world map, city view, anything. It just doesn't happen more than a couple times a day.

DeletedUser

Ok, I was having the same issues, wasn't able to get on the world map. Just stopped loading. Reading the forum I changed the HA, and gee, now I can't even get on the game at all, and without being able to access the game, I can't set the HA back. Any suggestions?

DeletedUser

Wow, that's a bit of a problem. Well, the only suggestion I can think of is to try other browsers or other computers. Sometimes Chrome has issues that IE doesn't, or Firefox can be better, etc. And sometimes the combination of processing speed and/or windows version can have an effect...So if you have public libraries, schools, friends or even internet cafés you can try, I'd do that and see if you can log in and fix it.

DeletedUser1416

Game version: 0.31.2735-v0.31.1-(master) (2015-12-17

10:42)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Firefox 43, Komodo Dragon 46.9.15.424
Flash Player version: 19.0 r0
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro sp1
Screen resolution: 1600 x 900
Account name: SqkyC
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON or OFF (no difference)

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: none

Current situation:
Clicking the map icon causes the loading bar to load 3/4 full and stop indefinitely with the game greyed out in the background. Must refresh page to get back to game. Unable to load map. This started just within the past couple of days, after release 0.31.

Expected situation:
To load the map and continue playing the game.

Reproduction Steps
1. Click the map icon ingame.
2. Refresh page.
3. Click the map icon with hardware acceleration unchecked.
4. Refresh page.
5. Try another browser.
6. Rinse and repeat...

Screenshots of the bug:

http://i.imgur.com/B6HPomw.jpg

(ignore box at right, it is my screeenshot software)

DeletedUser1416

As of yesterday, 27 Dec. the map loads for me. The whole game is still loading a little bit choppy but it does load now. :)

DeletedUser1603

Thanks guys, this is the same problem as mentioned in this thread so let's continue there. Could you please let us know in that thread, if anyone is still experiencing these issues?