• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game Freezing and/or not responding

FAR2019

Greetings! Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Current situation:
I can scroll up/down the Trader's list but when I click an item nothing happens. Also Since yesterday (03/17/22) the game is freezing again and not responding (see screenshot). After collecting coins or goods, few seconds later they re-appear over the Residences or Buildings but they can't be collected anymore, then I have to go to the source (i.e. a Residence) and move it so the coin in the top disappears! It is annoying. This happens frequently too. Right now the game is totally frozen and can't look for the version, I play on PC using Google Chrome browser.

Expected situation:
Been able to select offers on Trader
Expectation of a game not freezing so often

Reproduction Steps
1. Clicked Trader
2. Clicked offers
3. Clicked empty area to leave Trader
4. Screen went "gray" (darker and unresponsive)
5. Tried to open Settings and nothing happened
6. Tried collecting coins shown over Residences
7. Moved all items not responding to take off the coins shown over residences

Gamefreezing.jpg

SunsetDanar

Have you cleared your cache yet?

Usually it's unresponsive browser that will cause that screen issue which needs updating but clearing cache helps as well.

Edit: An afterthought: arrowing back with the intent to go to another world creates some of these same unresponsive greyed out screens. You get two so if you need to arrow back three you have to reload the game to continue. This is a bug. Additionally, if you only need to arrow back two and inadvertently arrow back three and click it, you will find yourself at the initial setup page of a new world not of your choosing which does not go away for a bit. You have to arrow back beyond the unused pages otherwise they continue to run in the background which contributes to another issue that's been hot lately...extreme lag during game play.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I also had the game freeze several times last night while using the trader (browser platform). Each time it happened I was able to close the tab and reload the game. So far today the trader seems to be working normally.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I have the same thing occurring in two browsers, with two accounts (my wife's and my own), and in multiple areas of the game. Sent ticket this morning. In both I cleared the cache, rebooted, and all that. Still same problem.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have to ask, I can't forward anything until the basic clear cache/restart browser/try in incognito steps are followed
I did not have to restart the entire browser. I have 3 cities on the same account, so all 3 were open on different tabs. When 1 city would freeze using the trader, I could still do stuff in the other 2 cities. And closing the frozen tab and reloading the city the glitch happened in worked every time.

Zoof

I've experienced the symptoms described above both when dealing with the trader and in going between my military buildings queueing up troops. Both times, there was (likely) some amount of lag and I was going quite fast, and now I'm starting to think this is some sort of race condition which are among the worst types of bugs to both describe to the dev team and for the dev team to actually fix. Usually mentioned with similar fear and loathing as other types of "intermittent" bugs. Clock-related bugs, anyone?

Raccon

One way I managed to reduce crashes and freezups was to use a dedicated browser only for the game and NO firefox. Apparently the firefox has it's own daily rutine and suck the life out of my computer's memory etc... resulting in hopeless slowdowns and freezups. So everytime I have to use my pc for the game I use that 'clean' browser. This is not a real solution to the problem and I still experience slowdowns and freezups, but at least it happens less often.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Same problems here with Edge. I usually have to refresh the screen and it comes back correctly but may or may not recur.

defiantoneks

for the past week or so, i am also getting semi-random "dimmed" screen that sticks (the dimming is typical when opening a building but only there a second or so before the menu opens - til now, when it locks up there and the menu never appears). usually when i collect from a producing building and then click to open the same to reset new productions. the exception to "usually" is maybe collecting coins from residences, etc. But pretty much it's like "oh, you want to do something new? huh, too bad." a reload of the page resolves it. has been happening more in Winyandor than Elcysandir. The animations seem to continue in the background so it's not a total lockup, but no amount of clicking or waiting will allow the menu to open or any other action to take place.

Kadhrin

I just had the originally-posted issue happen in
Chrome Version 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (arm64)
on MacOS Monterey (v. 12.1).
Felyndral US3