• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game freezing

• Thread starter Deleted User - 727550
  • Start date

Deleted User - 727550

The game loads fine for me and then at some point everything freezes up and I have to reboot the game. Has been happening for several hours now on both Sinya Arda and Winyandor. Deleted all cookies and tried Chrome/IE/Firefox and all having the same issue. Other internet tabs are working fine, so not an issue with browser or computer.

DeletedUser7022

I am having same issue in winyandor now for about 4 hours. Sometimes freezes up when switching between tabs, going from sinya arda back to winyandor. Have to refresh to get it to act right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been having it happen since late last night. Sinya Arda, Arendyll, and Elcysandir so far. It doesn't hurt anything, but it is darn inconvenient, especially while doing NH.

DeletedUser1036

Game version: __v1.32.3-(b3c05843b) (2017-06-27 10:41)
Game world: __Winyandor
Browser + version: __Chrome
Flash Player version: __Chrome
Operating System: __Windows 10
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __My Shadow
Humans or Elves: __Elve

Reproducibility: 4/5 = happens often

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__Change Tabs on your browser for a little while and then switch back to the game tab and the Screen is frozen (you have to reload the game at this point). Moving around your city, chat and all icons are locked until you refresh.
__

Expected situation:
__Click on game tab and play as normal
__

Reproduction Steps
__Load game in chrome browser.
2. __Load any other website that requires Flash on another tab
3. __Return to Game tab and see results
4. __
5. __

DeletedUser1036

I almost forgot to add it doesn't matter the computer itself since I have 3 different one's I play the game on. If I load the US2 server on one browser and the Beta server on another it is almost guaranteed the first one loaded will have a frozen screen in a few moments.

Also this is not a case of the "Session Timed Out" screen appearing, that doesn't happen.

DeletedUser3507

Not quite as much but yes I am geting it too, and also I get beta server is unreachable alot.....

DeletedUser7022

I submitted a problem ticket to them this morning about the game freezing up between tabs and this is the response i got back from elvenar:

"The problem with playing the game in two separate tabs is that the game is registering this as two separate game logins. This will cause the window you are not actively playing on to need to be refreshed because of the new actions that are occurring on the other world. Even though the game worlds are separate, they are all tied to one player name. You will have to play one world at a time."

Lol this did not happen till monday morning when they did game maintenance. I play 2-5 different worlds daily, never had a problem before. So i guess they are saying deal with the issues of having to refresh constantly or only play one world at a time. Nice.......

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is, I don't play the game in two separate tabs very much; I do, however, multitask other things a lot, and that's where I'm having the problem. If I have to pick between a working game and actual, y'know, work, guess which I'll have to choose?

DeletedUser4366

Game version: __v1.32.3-(b3c05843b) (2017-06-27 10:41)
Game world: __Winyandor
Browser + version: __Firefox 54.0.1
Flash Player version: __26.0.0.131
Operating System: __Windows 10
Screen resolution: __full
Account name: __fellonmyownspear
Humans or Elves: __Human

Reproducibility: 4/5 = happens often

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__Change Tabs on your browser for a little while and then switch back to the game tab and the Screen is frozen (you have to reload the game at this point). Moving around your city, chat and all icons are locked until you refresh.
__

Expected situation:
__Click on game tab and play as normal
__

Reproduction Steps
__Load game in chrome browser.
2. __Load any other website that requires Flash on another tab
3. __Return to Game tab and see results
4. __
5. __

Thanks @My Shadow - I copied and pasted my version as well

DeletedUser3821

Well, good to know I'm not alone in this. It's annoying as heck though... :mad: I'd been blaming it on the Windows update..... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6219

It happens when I am logged into one world or multiple worlds simultaneously. I noticed it the first time on Wednesday 6/28/2017. I just thought it was a one time thing so did not think much about it. It has happened now approximately 10-12 times on 3 different laptops; like I said sometimes when Elvenar is only thing open, sometimes when I am surfing the interwebz and playing, and sometimes when I have two different worlds opened on different tabs.

DeletedUser2089

Same problem in Opera 46.0.2597.32 (PGO) - Opera is up to date
with only 1 tab is the game and it is relentless

DeletedUser8337

Just happened here using Google Chrome & I know I have all the latest updates, cleared my cache & my history. Even did 2 full system scans. Clicked on to check my email, came back, game is frozen. Been happening for weeks now.

DeletedUser3640

Started happening to me yesterday. Extremely frustrating.

Happened both at home and at work (different PCs, duh). Both are above average gaming PCs, plus everything was just fine two days ago.

DeletedUser2768

I submitted a problem ticket to them this morning about the game freezing up between tabs and this is the response i got back from elvenar:

"The problem with playing the game in two separate tabs is that the game is registering this as two separate game logins. This will cause the window you are not actively playing on to need to be refreshed because of the new actions that are occurring on the other world. Even though the game worlds are separate, they are all tied to one player name. You will have to play one world at a time."

Lol this did not happen till monday morning when they did game maintenance. I play 2-5 different worlds daily, never had a problem before. So i guess they are saying deal with the issues of having to refresh constantly or only play one world at a time. Nice.......

There are several threads about this now, and the response from one of those is "It's not Inno, it's your browser". I'm getting fed up fast with this game freeze. It makes it nearly impossible to play. I just spent an hour rearranging my city because I'd click on elvenarchitect to check boulding placement, and 10 seconds later click back to my city and the thing was frozen and I'd have to reload the tab.

Like others have said here, this is ONLY a RECENT thing, so I doubt it's my browser since I have multiple tabs open in other sites and don't have this problem with freezing. Don't even get me started on the Flash player crashing. I like this game, and really enjoy all the people I've met in my fellowships, but my frustrations are quickly overshadowing my enjoyment.

Case in point: this forum. I just had 5 tabs opened and NOTHING froze.

Last edited: