• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game goes to shade and freezes

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Anybody notice that sometimes when you switch the demand filter it gets stuck on a particular good? I ask for the demand on the goods of which I have the most, steel in particular, then the other T1. I then go on to the T2 and do the same. When I got to silk, and collected silk, I switched it to elixir and the icon changed but the word inside the box still said "silk." (see image)

Another thing is that sometimes the number of page gets stuck at 1/1. I can still change my demand but it always says 1/1 (page one of one) when it's pretty obvious the entries are scrolling up and the page remains full -- until I actually get to 8 trades.

1 Trader says silk under demand, no matter how I set it.   04-24-2022 9-14PM.PNG

AJ

Cleo7311

Seemed a little better then froze twice on the trader in moments. And of course I still have the ancient bug that shows nonsense data on most buildings unless I check twice - then it will show the proper production, usually. Seems that about the only thing I can do fast without problems is the ol' cursor sweep to gather many productions. Everything else must be done v e r y s l o w l y .

Kadhrin

Interesting error after the reload after today's crash. And this is on W, not H.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.08.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.09.07 PM.png

Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
preloader-hx-5a5dcb60a012abf8756a6fd6b02c6138.js:2776 src/gnu/as3/gettext/MOBytesParser.hx:67: Big
139[.WebGL-0x70437da800] GL_INVALID_VALUE: Compressed texture dimensions must exactly match the dimensions of the data passed in.
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Startup Loading Finished 9 s
merged_game-f32748cff71a16208b2b7806d72b5246.js:420 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page. https://goo.gl/7K7WLu
Note: The end of this has the same four lines repeating dozens of times.

Laochra

In the last 24 hours or so, I have had my screen freeze in several realms. Sometimes it is before & sometimes it is after I visit the trader. Didn't think to get a screenshot.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Noticed today that this only happens with me once I've done a bunch of trades...usually at least 2-3 pages, but often 6-8. AND, a new "feature" of this was that I noticed that the "floaters" you get when you accept a trade suddenly stopped, but I could still collect for a bit longer...about 5 trades more, before things went south. Closed the trader and got the usual grey screen of death.

Anybody else notice the floaters stopping before everything else crashed?

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Noticed today that this only happens with me once I've done a bunch of trades...usually at least 2-3 pages, but often 6-8. AND, a new "feature" of this was that I noticed that the "floaters" you get when you accept a trade suddenly stopped, but I could still collect for a bit longer...about 5 trades more, before things went south. Closed the trader and got the usual grey screen of death.

Anybody else notice the floaters stopping before everything else crashed?

AJ
Yes, I noticed that. And yes, I also noticed that the problems are much more frequent if you do or take a bunch of trades, rather than one or two.

DeletedUser26654

I have been having the same issue. Screen darkens and you have to F5 the game. It ain't my PC...

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The devs are still working on this. Thanks for all of the added information. Any specific reproduction steps are always helpful

defiantoneks

and a non-trader incident. loading troops for tourney battle. clicked the last squad, and all squad selections went blank. tab switching did no good… wasnt about to click "fight" and have them all die. closed the battle window and bam, dim out.

Arkadia

Game version: __ v1.151.3-(6499087) - html5 (2022-04-28 09:43)
Game world: __ us1 Arendyll
Browser + version: __
Vivaldi5.2.2623.41 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

Operating System: __ Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1645)
Screen resolution: __1920x1080
Account name: __ Arkadia
Humans or Elves: __elf

Reproducibility: __4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
__i'm getting tired of this lol .... it's been too long having to keep reloading the game almost every time i use the trader
__4/5 game freezes every single time i accept bunch of trades (pages of trades) Not as often in FS trades, but that could be because normally we do not have many trades sitting there, but neighbors' trades, filtered or not by goods
- 2/5 if trading only a few
_ 2/5 sometime i experience issues with the mail too. If sending mail to single player, starting new convo from the FS window, i get an error that i need to include a recipient (which was auto filled). Player does get the mail though (weird)

Expected situation:
__avoiding trades :/
__game freezes, need to reload
_ did i take trades i did not intend to???

Reproduction Steps
__start accepting trades
2. __after 2-3 pages worth of trades values do not seem to load, names are same from page to page, amounts may or may not change, stars may or may not change, not sure if actual goods are being traded
3. __exiting Trader, click to start another process triggers dimmed screen
4. __need to reload game
5. __

Screenshots of the bug:
pic#1: After accepting only 2-3 trades of my FS members, I went to see neighbors trades.
Names of my fellows stayed, but those are not their trades.
pic#2: clicking through pages, names stay the same
pic#3: file was too large to upload, but would show dimmed city after exiting Trader
1651775871458.png

1651776092816.png

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I can see that the devs have made some progress on this. Feel free to keep posting as much information as you'd like to share and I'll add it to the report.

LisaMV

It is now happening quite randomly for me, but sadly I cannot upload any of the screenshots I take, says they are too big... ? hm.

It happened this morning right after logging into my 4 cities - In one of them, I had done close to nothing yet, just looking at my goods before enchanting. It had been up for no more than 1 minute, dimmed, then froze. Still happening in the trader, and world map, regularly.

LisaMV

@defiantoneks = yes yes yes! thanks so much, I have so many great shots I have never been able to post.
:)
4 minutes later... :(
cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. yikes.
☕✨ 3 more minutes later...
OK! thank you google! trying it now... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LisaMV

weird screen.png
uh-oh... srsly.png

(OK WOW! Who's the computer genius now! lol - tried 2 sizes)
As you can (sort of) see in the 1st, I had finished my NHelp, and this happened. The trader is horrifying, and is the longest running bug-place.

Sky Hawk

So I noticed a little while back that the trader now updates the available trades listing while open, instead of needing to close and reopen it to update the listings.

Even since then, I've been having the intermittent loading issues that the others in this thread have noted - after a bit of trading, sometimes, even just one, the trader stops working correctly after a trade. Either not updating the page numbers as you cycle through, or not updating correctly whether a certain trade is a zero, 1, 2, or 3 star trade, or just greying out.

All of these seem to me to be some sort of page loading issues.

So could the powers-that-be just rollback the live update feature til they fix these issues?

The trader is one of my most fun features of this game..

I would really appreciate if this was fixed.

Thank you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So I noticed a little while back that the trader now updates the available trades listing while open, instead of needing to close and reopen it to update the listings.

Even since then, I've been having the intermittent loading issues that the others in this thread have noted - after a bit of trading, sometimes, even just one, the trader stops working correctly after a trade. Either not updating the page numbers as you cycle through, or not updating correctly whether a certain trade is a zero, 1, 2, or 3 star trade, or just greying out.

All of these seem to me to be some sort of page loading issues.

So could the powers-that-be just rollback the live update feature til they fix these issues?

The trader is one of my most fun features of this game..

I would really appreciate if this was fixed.

Thank you.

Refreshing the trades without closing the Trader has been possible for many weeks longer than when this bug first appeared, so they are not connected.

Sky Hawk

Refreshing the trades without closing the Trader has been possible for many weeks longer than when this bug first appeared, so they are not connected.

I appreciate your perspective on this.

However, since the current issue is clearly a load issue in the trader, and that change concerned loading in the trader, I am rather hesitant to dismiss the connection outright.

either way, rolling back a recent change on the trader while trying to figure this out would seem like a way forward at least.

it's something I presume they can test where ever they test such things before they go live.