• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game goes to shade and freezes

Zoof

I'm very much convinced that most (but not all) of the problems in the trader are related to the other instances of freezing in places like troops queue refilling, Magic Academy queue refill, and (very rarely) troops selection when you go to fight. The behavior is entirely consistent when you attempt to "play" the game in its broken state via unfreezing the game (ESC) then navigating what remains with the hotkeys. Empty spire. Oddly behaving collections in town. Totally broked world map.

It just so happens that it is noticed more with traders because you basically have to use it and contains so many moving parts

I noticed that the start of these problems happened shortly after the update where the dev team optimized memory usage of the then-new neighborly help menu on the world map and changed the notification tab to trim duplicates. I'm still convinced an intern touched something a wizened old code veteran said not to via aged sticky note above a piece of code reading "THIS IS A HORRIBLE HACK TODO FIX"

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I noticed that the start of these problems happened shortly after the update where the dev team optimized memory usage of the then-new neighborly help menu on the world map and changed the notification tab to trim duplicates. I'm still convinced an intern touched something a wizened old code veteran said not to via aged sticky note above a piece of code reading "THIS IS A HORRIBLE HACK TODO FIX"

Remember that all servers have this problem, including Beta, and Beta gets all the changes at least a week or two before everyone else. Yet I am pretty sure this bug started there at about the same time as here, not a couple of weeks earlier when the notice list was changed there. I would have to check the Beta bug forum to be sure.

Edit: this issue was actually reported here a full week before it was reported on Beta.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
potential fix on beta so cross your fingers.

It is still doing it after the 1.153 Beta update last Friday, so I hope whatever they try this week works.

Edit: and just now it did it to me again on Beta, but no idea if they have tried the fix and it failed or if the potential fix is coming later this week.

Last edited:

Kadhrin

Similar Console as the usual crashes... this time, in Winyandor Spire. Again, clicking outside of an open dialog after a long period of playing.
Given the number of "compressed texture dimensions" errors, I'm wondering if we hit a buffer issue.

src/gnu/as3/gettext/MOBytesParser.hx:67: Big
game:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
254[.WebGL-0x7008843100] GL_INVALID_VALUE: Compressed texture dimensions must exactly match the dimensions of the data passed in.
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Startup Loading Finished 6 s
game:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
elvenar-ax3-release-a7fe2fbba63c0c4919c07ffcf9573c5f.js:27437 WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: bindTexture: attempt to use a deleted object
flush @ elvenar-ax3-release-a7fe2fbba63c0c4919c07ffcf9573c5f.js:27437
elvenar-ax3-release-a7fe2fbba63c0c4919c07ffcf9573c5f.js:27437 WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: bindTexture: attempt to use a deleted object
flush @ elvenar-ax3-release-a7fe2fbba63c0c4919c07ffcf9573c5f.js:27437
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s OtherCity
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s OwnCity
game:1 WebGL: too many errors, no more errors will be reported to the console for this context.
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s TechTree
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s OwnCity
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 3 s WorldMap
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s TechTree
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 2 s Spire

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya One thing I noticed is that ever since this issue started on all the servers, there was one error message that completely stopped showing up. It did finally pop up again last week and I remembered to get a screen shot. I wonder if this not being triggered is somehow tied into this problem since every time I have ever gotten this error message in the past, my internet either had a hiccup that put me out of sync or I was collecting/clicking way too quickly on things and sent the game out of sync with the server because of it. On that note, this current issue did seem to happen to me more often when I was clicking quickly, rather than slowly. About an hour ago on Arendyll, I collected around 70 trades and then visited over 120 neighbors, and even though I was being careful to click more slowly, the game still paused for a few seconds and seemed to be processing whether it would lock up or keep working.

Screenshot (92).png

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya One thing I noticed is that ever since this issue started on all the servers, there was one error message that completely stopped showing up. It did finally pop up again last week and I remembered to get a screen shot. I wonder if this not being triggered is somehow tied into this problem since every time I have ever gotten this error message in the past, my internet either had a hiccup that put me out of sync or I was collecting/clicking way too quickly on things and sent the game out of sync with the server because of it. On that note, this current issue did seem to happen to me more often when I was clicking quickly, rather than slowly. About an hour ago on Arendyll, I collected around 70 trades and then visited over 120 neighbors, and even though I was being careful to click more slowly, the game still paused for a few seconds and seemed to be processing whether it would lock up or keep working.

Interesting thought. I'll add this to the bug report, just in case it is the issue.

Cleo7311

Someone on the programming staff forgot and fed the Mogwai a late night snack! We should all remember what happens then....