• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game issues

DeletedUser

What's going on with the game?
Lag is bad and the money and goods counters have gone crazy lol !!
Will this be fixed soon?
And in second and third worlds quests don't credit and houses don't all give coins !

Deleted User - 107391

The slow loading is irritating, but has been there all along.

New issue for me is that the mail and doorbell counts are almost random.

DeletedUser1174

at least yours loads mine is stuck on the intro screen at 34% still i can't even get into the game today

Deleted User - 107391

at least yours loads mine is stuck on the intro screen at 34% still i can't even get into the game today

You need to do something to clear out hidden caches in your computer. Different computers are different, and I don't know what yours needs. On my Chromebook, I have to let the battery run down then, before plugging it back in, I hold down the 'on' button for 10 seconds. This clears stuff that clearing the browsing cache does not.

On Windows XP and lower, you have to go into the windows explorer and clear out the temp files. I've forgotten how that is done.

But getting *that* stuck on the load is lack of space on your computer, not a programming issue.

DeletedUser

You need to do something to clear out hidden caches in your computer. Different computers are different, and I don't know what yours needs. On my Chromebook, I have to let the battery run down then, before plugging it back in, I hold down the 'on' button for 10 seconds. This clears stuff that clearing the browsing cache does not.

On Windows XP and lower, you have to go into the windows explorer and clear out the temp files. I've forgotten how that is done.

But getting *that* stuck on the load is lack of space on your computer, not a programming issue.
O_O

Really? I mean, really? You will blame the computer owner over the designer who should accommodate those who play their game? People need to have a top-of-the-line system to run an online game? My mind is blown. The cache never should become so corrupted that it cannot load, with proper code.

DeletedUser1161

O_O

Really? I mean, really? You will blame the computer owner over the designer who should accommodate those who play their game? People need to have a top-of-the-line system to run an online game? My mind is blown. The cache never should become so corrupted that it cannot load, with proper code.
Clearing caches is part of normal computer maintenance. That's a Flash issue anyway, not Innogames' code. Flash has always been a little prone to corrupting its cache.

DeletedUser511

O_O

They always seem to blame the computer. I remember when this memory leak first started people blamed my computer and even said I needed to get a new one just to play this game(RUDE). Then they blamed my browser which was happening on Chrome and Firefox. Then it turned out to be the games fault with the memory leak and everyone shut up. No "im sorry" for blaming your computer or your browser just junk after junk after junk. It seems to me the first thing these games do and some players is blame another persons computer. "Mine works just fine so your a liar or its your computer" Thats the first thing they say.

Deleted User - 107391

O_O

Clearing caches is part of normal computer maintenance. That's a Flash issue anyway, not Innogames' code. Flash has always been a little prone to corrupting its cache.

They always seem to blame the computer. "Mine works just fine so your a liar or its your computer" Thats the first thing they say.

Thank you Aydenn. NORMAL. Xaviersxmen, no one is saying 'liar'. It isn't just a matter of a 'leak'. Talisman, no top-of-the-line systems needed. ALL computers will get full of 'junk' and need to be cleared. Junk accumulated from using your email will still take up space and affect the game.

Normal maintenance.

DeletedUser

O_O

TELL IT ! *stands and claps* it is NOT a computer issue ! It is a GAME issue(s). How can entire fellowships have the same issues? lol Thousands of players want to know !! lol

DeletedUser

They always seem to blame the computer. I remember when this memory leak first started people blamed my computer and even said I needed to get a new one just to play this game(RUDE). Then they blamed my browser which was happening on Chrome and Firefox. Then it turned out to be the games fault with the memory leak and everyone shut up. No "im sorry" for blaming your computer or your browser just junk after junk after junk. It seems to me the first thing these games do and some players is blame another persons computer. "Mine works just fine so your a liar or its your computer" Thats the first thing they say.

Agree !

DeletedUser511

Thank you Aydenn. NORMAL. Xaviersxmen, no one is saying 'liar'. It isn't just a matter of a 'leak'. Talisman, no top-of-the-line systems needed. ALL computers will get full of 'junk' and need to be cleared. Junk accumulated from using your email will still take up space and affect the game.

Normal maintenance.
Wow I didnt say this time I mean over the course of this game.

DeletedUser

Normal maintenance.
Yes, clearing the cache is good to do from time to time, but given the fact that the memory leak varies vastly between different games that utilize Flash indicates that the main culprit is the programmers, not the tools they use.

DeletedUser1161

Yes, clearing the cache is good to do from time to time, but given the fact that the memory leak varies vastly between different games that utilize Flash indicates that the main culprit is the programmers, not the tools they use.
Memory issues can be browser dependent. For example, Firefox has rather a lot of memory problems currently listed as issues in Bugzilla. I don't even bother trying to run Flash in Firefox anymore because the processes get corrupted and I often have to go in and stop them manually. I even have problems with YouTube. If I have to run Flash, I do it in Chrome. Elvenar runs way better for me in Chrome.

That said, poor uses of resources in Flash apps can also cause HUUUUUGGGGE memory issues. Seems like it would be happening to everyone if that were the case though. I probably wasn't playing if the memory leaks you're referring to are more than a couple months back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1161

To return to game issues, why does it subtract coins and goods twice and return them once, covering my screen with messages when I'm trying to make goods?

Agreed, dorbell and inbox notifications are totally broken.

DeletedUser1161

Oh, good. I noticed it came with the last update. It's kind of hard to miss. :p

DeletedUser

Memory issues can be browser dependent. For example, Firefox has rather a lot of memory problems currently listed as issues in Bugzilla. I don't even bother trying to run Flash in Firefox anymore because the processes get corrupted and I often have to go in and stop them manually. I even have problems with YouTube. If I have to run Flash, I do it in Chrome. Elvenar runs way better for me in Chrome.

That said, poor uses of resources in Flash apps can also cause HUUUUUGGGGE memory issues. Seems like it would be happening to everyone if that were the case though. I probably wasn't playing if the memory leaks you're referring to are more than a couple months back.
Aye, that's interesting how much it differs from computer to computer, and browser to browser. The memory leak issue has not been much of a problem for me for the last few months, regarding strictly Elvenar, and I use Firefox, so I am wondering if it might have more to do with browser settings. Another reason why I don't believe it is completely Adobe's fault (although some of the blame does lie there), is I try to follow the old-school tech philosophy, which is increasingly difficult to do: If a hardware component or program works fine, don't update it. I rarely, rarely update Flash, and I still noticed significant improvements in the leak being plugged after Elvenar updates. It could be argued that my not updating Flash is the root of my woes (again, I haven't experienced them in quite a while), but I did do so last week with no visible change. The same the month before, and so on.