• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

game mechanics

BrinDarby

@Mykan , @MinMax Gamer ,

I checked Mykan's guide to the game and this was not there, MMGamer has great attn to detail ...

Please explain ( geek it up a bit , plz ) Progression and mechanics of trading, as it relates to
the area/concentric circles/discovered/FS and non-fee trades/fee trades ....

:oops: .... So..
Yes, all discovered players are no fee, if I discover them ...
How far does/how calculated, does the non-discovered ppl reach to/why?
What is the research/AW/bldgs ... progression that effects that range/why?
I heard its good @ CH12 , uhhhh no Im not waiting 9 months to trade.....

I see (2) AWs ... blooming trader and elvenar trading center, but are there
also special bldgs..... I have Trading Center from the Spire buit that has
nothing to do with the trading system..... what about other bldgs ??????

the players whom need trade the most are non FS ppl and newer players.....
So can someone, in detail, explain the whole trading system/progression....
Please ?
BrinD

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Unsure how much detail you want and will get. The information we do know is somewhat simple:

• Neighborhood trading is with nearest 200 cities - This is a CM (I think?) message from years ago. I am unaware it has changed
  • As you mention there is no trading fee for those you have discovered
  • Only AW to impact trading is the Blooming trader and it only impacts it by reducing the trading fee. The other mechanics are the same
  • Only other building to impact trading is the trader - When it reaches new levels it allows you to see sentient goods in the trader, no other trading impact.
It is why it is highly recommended for players to do 2 things:
  1. Join a fellowship to increase the number of people you can trade with. You also have some control over who these people are as opposed to luck of the draw with neighbours
  2. Always post trades you need, don't expect a trade to be waiting for you to accept. Larger neighbours will see you long before you see them. Many larger towns accept trades from small neighbours to help. Sentient goods makes doing this a nightmare due to clutter
Keep relocate town option on is also recommended but some people have mixed feeling about it. The theory is it should be better for you if you get moved closer to the middle and ideally more activity.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can tell you some of the basics. When you discover someone, you no longer have a fee to take their trade, but if they have not discovered you yet, they will still have a fee to take your trade. And the opposite too. Only one making the discovery does not get rid of the fee for both.

I don't remember the exact number of rings out from your city an undiscovered trader can appear in, but I think it is 250 of the cities closest to you can show up in your trader, discovered or not. Once you have discovered this number, you will no longer see trades with fees, no matter how active a player outside your discovered area may be. I have many times discovered a new player who I figured no longer played, but right after discovering them, trades by them started showing up in my Trader. It is a weird system.

There are no buildings in the game that makes more trades show up. One AW, the Blooming Traders Guild, reduces the fee you pay for taking trades from someone not discovered yet and it increases the amount you get from the Wholesaler. It also increases the amount of goods produced by guest race buildings, which start in chapter 6, even though you cannot build it til the end of chapter chapter 7. The Elvenar Trade Center cannot be built til the end of chapter 11. It generates a good that is introduced in chapter 11 called Divine Seeds. This AW also makes your MM enchantment work better and longer. The little event buildings you can get just generate portal profit instants and nothing else.

BrinDarby

ok, thats no bldgs that help ..... awesome to know......
dissapointing to hear that its capp'd @ 250 or 300 ppl .....

Not only do I have customers, but if moved don't I start over on discovering ppl ???
I've never seen ( opinion only ) any mmo with such a dysfunctional trade system...
The Trader cant even do simple math.... offering 2002 - demanding 2000 is not,
thats right is not a 1 star trade .... its better for buyer than 1:1.... thats 2 star.... right ?

The cornerstone to the theory of trade is profit.... but in Elvenar profit is a dirty word.

Sure when you just want to balance your goods maybe you can be ok with 1:1 ...
but trade is the cornerstone of Economy... Supply/Demand is what dictates prices
in a functional economy..... when the whole server assumes all trade becomes 1:1,
then the economy is dead, and he who produces the most writes the rules....

If its 1am, and no FS members on, and you need "small" amounts to finish a task,
you don't wait 7-8 hrs for someone to post @ the price ya want, or for a FS member
to log on....... you pay someone like me, some profit, because I offered just what you
need'd, when you need'd it..... and @ 60% cheaper than the wholesaler, sounds like a
deal to me.... I mean ppl willing to pay 50% trader fee, should be also willing to pay
another player closer lets say 40%.....

This is also the main benefit of a FS..... pooling goods basically for the FS's benefit.

and @Ashrem , I don't produce T3 goods yet, but I trade in them, according to you
I shouldn't be doing that ... like you said about sentient goods..... If I pay T2 goods
to buy T3 goods, cannot I then be able to trade those T3 goods..... or are you saying
because I have no "current" use for them, I shouldn't even have ANY @ all ???????

Why should a deticated Trader spend hours/hours/hours a day to always have a variety
of goods offered for trade, so anyone can instantly get the trade they need ..... Just to be
told..... here @ elvenar we only trade 1:1 , you must be an unfair trader ..... Or for any FS
to dictate to members how to trade outside the FS, thats none of thier buisness.....

Its because I tried to scout and clear provinces, just to trade more... that I'm screwed now
fighting in ANY province..... SS 69 vs SS 239 is Unwinnable !!!!! Unless I don't fight for
2-3 chapters, maybee I can get it to just "hard", but thats stupid....

Not to mention its the Middle-class that quit more than the newbies or the old inactives,
therefore you have a CH1-3 player looking @ the trade screen going but I only need 50
all the offers are 5000+ , this is pointless.... New players have such a small area that
is Viable ( no fee ) , that trade is almost pointless, and most FSs want CH3 or above players.
Even in my FS, 1/2 the offers I can't touch cause they are just too big, ppl really do forget
about all the little ppl out there......

I wrote this mainly cause 1 trade came from someone further away from me, that
should be possible as described above (250-300 cap)... and someone said there were
AWs that helped trade radius..... now I know that part is false..... thks...
BrinD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
and @Ashrem , I don't produce T3 goods yet, but I trade in them, according to you
I shouldn't be doing that ... like you said about sentient goods..... If I pay T2 goods
to buy T3 goods, cannot I then be able to trade those T3 goods..... or are you saying
because I have no "current" use for them, I shouldn't even have ANY @ all ???????
I don't think I've ever said anything that could be reasonably interpreted as meaning that. I don't take cross tier trades. I'd like to be able to filter them out the way I filter reality tv out of my watching. I don't care if you offer or accept them. Have as many as you want.

NightshadeCS

Not only do I have customers, but if moved don't I start over on discovering ppl ???

No. The provinces you have unlocked will remain the same, just the people inside them will change.

The Trader cant even do simple math.... offering 2002 - demanding 2000 is not,
thats right is not a 1 star trade .... its better for buyer than 1:1.... thats 2 star.... right ?

That applies only while trading within tier. The costs for producing tier 2 goods are greater than producing tier 1 goods (and even more so for tier 3 on down). Therefore, the value of the goods is not equal from tier to tier and some adjustments to the star rating are made to overcome that. There have been numerous discussions on what folks consider a good ratio, which I'm sure you can find if you care to look.

As for the rest of your complaints, I do not know a way to address them other than saying that the game is set up in a certain way, and there are certain penalties for trying to advance too far too fast. That may not be to your liking, but that is how it stands at present.

I have never seen anyone on the forum intentionally try to mislead anyone, so any incorrect information you received was either out of the ignorance of the person who gave you that info, or misunderstanding on your part.

You are welcome to post whatever trades you see fit. Many cities in the early chapters will rely on neighbors and fellowship members to help them get a bit of a jump on the tier 2 and tier 3 goods prior or just after unlocking those researches. There is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. A group I belonged to would routinely do a "round-robin" of zero star 4:1 trades to boost the goods of the smallest cities. Helping them helped the group as a whole.

Also, I see many trades in the trader from people wanting to make a profit. I personally avoid taking them, but there have been times when I REALLY wanted those Alloy Shrooms for a tech I had finally unlocked, and I took some trades that were definitely not in my favor. If you want to try and make a profit, that is your prerogative. If people take your trades, then you have succeeded.

Fellowship rules are fellowship rules, though. If you want to bend or break them, then you have to accept the consequences, which could be expulsion. You can then find a fellowship that has no rules regarding trades, of which there are many.

BrinDarby

Nightshade.... trading 2002 marble for 2000 steel , is the same Tier ...

( content edited for sarcasm by ME , lolololololol )
Sounds like youo misunderstood my post, please accept my apologies
for any misunderstandings...... TY for letting me know I won't have to
re-scout, but I'll stay where I am for now....
BrinD