• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gems of Elvenar

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Greetings all
I want to thank everyone for your kind words and appreciation for the role that Gems of Elvenar has played in the game. I have heard you, and assessed this for myself. I too appreciate the resource that Gems represents, and am in the process of taking steps to preserve the website for future use. I am interested to hear from you all, both in terms of what areas you find useful, and what areas you would like to see improved. Keep in mind that keeping up a website of this standard is a lot of work, and I'd like to see us continue to provide a quality frame of reference for events and the related pages, like the Evolving Building page. I personally enjoy and use the Tournament Calculator but a great deal of other information is outdated. In that vein, please use this thread to keep me apprised of your thoughts and views, and any serious errors that you do encounter along the way.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I occasionally skedaddle over for the Tourney Calculator as well. The Reverse Calculator and Chests Calculators are still good, but the Individual Rewards section at the top and Rewards by Province by Round at the bottom are outdated as well. They would need to reflect the new distribution chart.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is so much stuff there to try and keep up with that picking just a few things to focus on is probably best. While there are no other sites with the same visibility as Gems, both Jackluyt and iDavis share information on the chapters and the events and FAs, both mostly through Facebook and links in the forums. And the Wiki, of course, covers a lot of the basics of the game and the chapters. But even so, I think the main thing I see people on Facebook ask about is why has Gems not kept up with the chapter quest lines and the event quests and daily prizes. And sadly, every time someone asks about those and is told by various people that Gems is not keeping up, the site loses more clicks and visits. Saying all that, I am not sure any more what area would be most worth your time.

Flashfyre

I'll admit to not having explored a lot of what Gems has to offer, but I have relied on the Guest Race chapter guides and the building descriptions to a great extent. As has been mentioned, there is some info there that can be found elsewhere. I think revamping your site to focus on a) things that can't be found on other sites, and b) expansions of things that CAN be found, but in more depth.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have always used Gems for chapter quests, events & FA. I think more important is that I think literally my whole FS uses it for all the invaluable information and advice for each chapter. Those sections seem to be serving them very well but I do admit I’m not sure how far on the research tree they go.

Gems has always been one of the most valuable helps that exists. You are amazing to even consider getting it going again! I just hope you pace yourself so it doesn’t become way too much ❤️

BrinDarby

Back before tournaments changed, I used eGems to know what
troops were need'd each week depending on which relic it was.

eGems has been my go-to referencefor all things "Event".
Both Task list and Daily prize list are 1-click copyable into
a .txt file, thus also instantly printable. The Breakouts for
daily bldgs, per ch, are a godsend, better displayed than @
eArchitect, making it easy to decide which ones you want to
concentrate on, and which you can skip.... yet also which ones
will be usefull a couple CHs down the road.

I don't use the wiki, and I think the tandem of eGems and eArchitect
pretty much covers everything a player needs in information.

Lady Dastardly

I also a fan of, and have frequently used, the Tournament Calculator. In addition to the updates @crackie mentioned, I would like to see it go all the way to 19 chests as well.
Besides that, the guest race guides have been invaluable. I appreciate the overview of how the quest race goods production is going to work, since there's a new wrinkle every chapter. Being able to see at a glance what regular city buildings are going to be upgrading and how they are changing (footprint, orientation, upgrade demands) is very useful. I don't tend to use them for settlement layout info since the advent of portal profits and powerful event buildings has changed much of what is now required (for example: no need for 10-12 weeping willows in Woodelves), so I find that part to be outdated for the way I play.
I think there a several other good resources now for event and FA info, so that part is less important to me, personally, but Gems has more visiblity than those other options, and I know many who are disappointed not to find that info there anymore.

quin629

My primary uses are the tournament rewards calculators, AW information, and guest race guides. I have also frequently referred newbies to the site for 'getting started' info. While the Wiki also has information, the Gems site seems to present it in a method that new players find more understandable, and then it leads well into the various chapters.

Since all of those are longer-term applicability items I would rather see time & effort devoted to maintaining and updating them rather than the rapid-fire short term Event and FA info.

AeglirielGilmir

Gems has been really helpful for me in just about everything in the game. I usually use it for the AW guides, tourney calculator, and events. I don’t use the wiki much, because gems, elvenstats, and elvenarchitect already has lots of info. thanks for getting the site along again! :)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Greetings all
I want to thank everyone for your kind words and appreciation for the role that Gems of Elvenar has played in the game. I have heard you, and assessed this for myself. I too appreciate the resource that Gems represents, and am in the process of taking steps to preserve the website for future use. I am interested to hear from you all, both in terms of what areas you find useful, and what areas you would like to see improved. Keep in mind that keeping up a website of this standard is a lot of work, and I'd like to see us continue to provide a quality frame of reference for events and the related pages, like the Evolving Building page. I personally enjoy and use the Tournament Calculator but a great deal of other information is outdated. In that vein, please use this thread to keep me apprised of your thoughts and views, and any serious errors that you do encounter along the way.
I love using it for reading about the upcoming guest race chapters and use it all the time! Ty!

ElvenGems really helped me get started as a new player. It is so much more accessible than the wiki as far as how the information is presented. Now I use it mainly for guest race guides and AWs. Seeing those two sections kept updated would be my preference. I have no problem going elsewhere for the event quests and buildings, and keeping up with events seems like it would take so much effort.

Thank you so much for your work with this amazing website!

Hawk1911

The guest race guides have been very helpful!! I would like to see those continued. The guides on elvengems superior to any other resource.

Regarding events, quest lines etc... maybe a partnership with some of the other teams that develop the information and you could link one another's work. I respect the effort made to keep the event information current. That's a lot of work!

I saw someone comment on another thread that you must be raking in the ad revenue... I don't run a website, so I cannot say for sure, but I seriously doubt that elvengems is a "money maker". I am guessing it is more of a "community service" project. Maybe consider a page where users can contribute information and/or time for peer review of submitted information.

Deleted User - 849411552

Although Gems is a bit out-of-date in some areas, it is still my first choice for Elvenar resources. I use the Guest Races guides daily. Tournament Tips is also useful, and the Getting Started section was excellent when I was beginning the game. I also liked the Event Guides when they were current.

I am really happy that Gems will continue to be online. The site is very professional and very helpful. :)