• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
In my very first few days playing this game, during the February event with the Everblossom Sleigh, I got a portal profit. It's the only time I got one in an event before reaching Dwarves. Pretty sure it was a glitch.

It wasn't a glitch, this year they changed it from being possible to no longer being possible. I had a chapter 4 account with several thousand % in PP before the change.

Dew Spinner

You are right, you won't find ONE player, cause now we are two;) I go to the top weekly in 3 cities regardless if we get gold or not, cause I find it worth it just for the individual rewards. (And a few more in my fs go to the top too without getting gold, so I assume they do it cause they find it worth it, but I don't know since I have not asked).

The rewards in spire helps me continue to go to the top in spire - and do more in tourney. I autofight all the way, at least in my big cities, my smaller cities still have to cater sometimes):
* DAs helps my troops win
* Time boosters / supply instants helps me train enough troops
* Catalysts/spell fragments (and time boosters) helps me craft more:
** UUU/ELR/MMM helps my troops win
** Pet food to feed fire phoenix to help my troops win + brown bear to train enough troops
** Time boosters / supply instants as above
* Doing more in tourney means more KP to level my fighting wonders, blue/purple spells to get more supplies, plenty of relics to craft catalysts,...

And then I sometimes get lucky and get diamonds (both from spire and the crafting chest), magic buildings, genies,... (And of course the diamonds from the fellowship prices are an extra bonus).

And yes, sometimes I am unlucky and get rewards I can't use (e.g. portal profits and most of the artifacts), but on average I find it more than worth it to go to the top even without the fellowship rewards.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like more rewards, but it wouldn't change how much I do in spire. (but I am not sure I find this likely, so @JessMac if you want more rewards, then I think you need really good arguments to convince Inno to give you more).
I didn't say it wasn't "worth" it, I said the rewards are not in balance with the cost of the 3rd floor, when I expend a ton of troops or goods in a 3rd floor Spire encounter I expect more that spell fragments in return. This is what this whole suggestion is about "move spell fragments out of the chests on the 3rd floor" and put them in abundance on the 2nd and 1st floors. I truly don't understand the opposition to better prizes on the 3rd floor. Do I think INNO will do it...No...but I am all for better prizes on the 3rd floor as long as it does not compromise new/newer players Spell Fragment accumulation.

JessMac

In my very first few days playing this game, during the February event with the Everblossom Sleigh, I got a portal profit. It's the only time I got one in an event before reaching Dwarves. Pretty sure it was a glitch.
Thank you so much for that!!!! This was also my very first event and I as well received a PP. I was very new and almost did the very same thing.
I do agree that on the whole the prizes have proven worth making it as far into the lab as I can, regardless of where the purple goo meter stops. :)
How often have you made it into the High Halls? Lab is the second floor correct?

JessMac

I didn't say it wasn't "worth" it, I said the rewards are not in balance with the cost of the 3rd floor, when I expend a ton of troops or goods in a 3rd floor Spire encounter I expect more that spell fragments in return. This is what this whole suggestion is about "move spell fragments out of the chests on the 3rd floor" and put them in abundance on the 2nd and 1st floors. I truly don't understand the opposition to better prizes on the 3rd floor. Do I think INNO will do it...No...but I am all for better prizes on the 3rd floor as long as it does not compromise new/newer players Spell Fragment accumulation.
I don’t care where they move them lol just as long as it is no longer on a gate chest! I again think the overall list will help when I get going.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Once more into the breech. Read the Beta Forum, if you honestly think that CrazyWizard, Soggyshorts, or I, are making this up.

This is a proposal not a discussion about one person who thinks to tell the developers that their vision for Spire rewards is wrong. This would make it very hard for new players to build up a store of Spell Fragments - who wouldn't then be able to 'collect Vision Vapor' quests in the events, because they wouldn't have the resources to build anything, like for instance a Moonstone Library set.

SMH here. You don't have to play the Spire if you don't like the rewards.

OIM20

Thank you so much for that!
You're welcome. :)
How often have you made it into the High Halls? Lab is the second floor correct?
Erm.

It's Gateway -> High Halls -> Laboratory. I make it through to the Lab every week now in 3 cities. I push as far into the Lab as I can in each city - it varies by week as to how far. Last week, in my newest city, I made it to the very top.

This was also my very first event
I am curious as to why you've a complaint about the spell fragments if you only joined the game in February this year. (You could have joined earlier and just not played in events, I suppose.)

In Elcy (the city where I started), I have 39443 spell fragments. That truly isn't very many. That would only cover around five recipes a day for a week at 1200 per. (I'm rounding down.) Pet food is 1650 spell fragments (or 5 relics and 2 CCs, but we aren't talking about those). If I only won the highest possible spell fragments (2000 at 55%) all six times I'm able to win them, I'd only get 12000 sf per week. I think I'd cry if I could only craft one recipe a day - one in a whole week if you're wanting an artifact. And then, as @Lelanya pointed out, where would we be during events where we have to produce x amount of Vision Vapor for a quest? Forget even thinking about FAs and the dreaded Arcane Residue badges.

I find myself wondering what you consider to be a high enough stockpile to warrant the change you're proposing.

JessMac

I am curious as to why you've a complaint about the spell fragments if you only joined the game in February this year. (You could have joined earlier and just not played in events, I suppose.)
I’m sorry I was half asleep this morning and I currently am trying to take care of my son who’s sick. I read that wrong. The watchful winter owl was my first event. That’s where I got the PP before I could use it. This also ties into my switch up for the names of the halls.

StarLoad

@JessMac, I am going to join the group against here, and would like you to reconsider and play the spire more. I know you are in O&G and you may feel you have been up the spire enough to know, but I have 2 accounts that have been in GOLD spire FS's and both have more than 650K in SF and I still don't think you should lower them.
Subtle Tweeks to items may work in many areas, but I really doubt you are going to get the Devs to overhaul the entire Spire over an issue that clearly does not have consistent agreement on.

Time to take a step back and look from a higher altitude.

BrinDarby

You can only use Frags as fast as you collect Catalysts.
For awile I was earning 7-10 cats a week, in a FS that collectively
got 1/2 way thru the Spire. My incentive was winning a Moonestone
set to increase 2x my weekly accumulation of Cats.... a 2nd set
gave me 3x the cats, and now the ManorSet upps that to 4x/week.

By encouraging Spire play, we moved up to Silver and that made
base Cats 14-16/week or basically add'd 1x --> total is now 5x
TheManorSet was set up to give 2 Cats/day to anyone with 6 pieces
AND Moonestone set can be earned without ever playing Spire.

Your premise is that there are too many Frags given out... I say thats
flat out False.... I think more the case is : Now that most ppl have
a full Monestone set, thats xtra Frags + what ya get in Spire... More
ppl now are NOT scrape'n for Frags.... especially since ManorSet.

Yes that means some ppl are swimming in Frags, perhaps cause they
aren't actively using them, but in general does that mean too many
are given out ???..... NO !!!

Could Spire prizes be better, of course..... but unlike changing PPs
to only those who could use them, everyone can use Frags... I really
don't see Inno changing the Spire yet again, just for Frags....

Once you're an established player, you start using cats/frags for more
than just what you need, you start making things like coin/tools rain or
anything before that you couldn't afford to craft due to too few Frags/Cats.

I think this thread needs a total re-think.....

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I agree with @ed1960
In my 2 cities, one is Gold spire FS, the other is Silver. I've been playing the Spire since it launched over 2 years ago (Aug 2019). Silver Spire city has been going to the top weekly since late 2019 and Gold Spire city since spring 2020. I have well over a million SF's in each city. They come from the multiple Moonstone Library sets I've won as have the number of CC's I need to use them. I think it was @CrazyWizard who pointed out that it doesn't matter because storage is unlimited, just like regular goods. With high use of combat, I have millions of excess goods, too. That doesn't bother me; no need to stress over too many SF's either. I craft all the time in both cities; playing the Spire has helped me get a huge stockpile of time boosters (over 500 5hr boosters alone in my Gold Spire city) so I can craft for the VV as long as I have an excess of SF's and the CC's to go with them. Here are snapshots of my crafting window in both cities(under spoilers as they're big pics):
KWorldcrafting.png
EWorldcrafting.png
I'm running a competition between the 2 to see which one hits 1.5mil first; when I reach that, I'll start on 2mil...