• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

JessMac

***Please take into account that this is still very much a work in progress. The below edit includes several ideas from several different members Who have generously helped me in my quest. Please keep in mind my final revision will say so in the title. And will not include this note here! Please see below for first rough draft!

I’m suggesting in hopes to encourage better spire participation, that the third tier of the spire be revamped. This revamp would change only gates 1-4. Leaving the Final Boss unchanged. Currently all of the 1-4 gate rewards on all three tiers are identical. (Except gate 4 on level one.) Here is the overall decided change suggestion. The options that include SF would be MOVED, DISPERSED and ADDED to non gate chests already containing SF. The options that use to contain spell fragments would now contain different time boosters and a (possible) teleport option. This unfortunately is still being worked out in
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/please-rate.28127/unread

I revised this in order to help clear up some confusion. Since the idea has drastically changed from the original.

PROS:
- It will not subtract the current amount of spell fragments offered in the spire.
- it could entice more players to try and reach the third level to gain the different chest rewards.
-better participation will lead to even more rewards through FS being able to obtain more FS rewards.
CONS:
- would be developers time to make the changes
- We are technically asking the devs to add to the spire on top of implementing changes.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

But I really don’t think it would. I also don’t see a drawback as all major players play weekly and will not have a problem keeping spell fragments up.
I play daily and I am often short spell fragments. I craft a lot, in fact I often use spell fragment to craft culture building in the MA that are very high in culture and low in squares.
I would object to any change in the quantity of spell fragments in the spire.

I actually like speed up timers too.

JessMac

I play daily and I am often short spell fragments. I craft a lot, in fact I often use spell fragment to craft culture building in the MA that are very high in culture and low in squares.
I would object to any change in the quantity of spell fragments in the spire.

I actually like speed up timers too.

I think it just depends on how far along you are in the game and far you compete in the spire weekly. For younger members the excess spell fragments is very much needed, but they are also usually unable to make it to very top of the spire. So changing the third level would not make a difference to them. And I never said I didn’t like the time boosts. I just said I didn’t believe that they belong as a gate reward. Maybe saying a major gate reward would be a better phrase? Replacing the excess spell fragments with more time boosts would be acceptable in other areas. I also craft 24/7 and still have well over 50k in fragments. I also craft these culture buildings but winning free ones is always nicer than having to use resources. And the culture buildings they offer in spire could be more like past culture buildings from former events that were offered as the daily exclusive. And not the codex buildings or the library or the chest set that are in the ma.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Why are we voting on this? Voting is a very specific process, after the idea has been tossed around and refined a bit, then it goes to a separate vote with a proposal.

Squonk420*

I myself have gotten to the top and I also rely on the spire for spell fragments and time boosts. I do wish though that there would be more artifacts for previous event buildings

JessMac

I myself have gotten to the top and I also rely on the spire for spell fragments and time boosts. I do wish though that there would be more artifacts for previous event buildings
I feel like I need to rephrase the time boosters part. I love time boosters. What I mean is that if you are at a final gate I just don’t believe they should be a reward there. The third level could have zero spell fragments offered as rewards and they could up the time boosters there. Offer several different time amount boosters on this floor. Like the higher 20 hour or 14 hour ones that higher level players need as our build and scouting times are longer. The amount of resources needed to complete the third level in my opinion should just offer higher rewards in general. The culture building part was just a suggestion on something they could offer instead. It doesn’t need to be changed to that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think it just depends on how far along you are in the game and far you compete in the spire weekly. For younger members the excess spell fragments is very much needed, but they are also usually unable to make it to very top of the spire. So changing the third level would not make a difference to them. And I never said I didn’t like the time boosts. I just said I didn’t believe that they belong as a gate reward. Maybe saying a major gate reward would be a better phrase? Replacing the excess spell fragments with more time boosts would be acceptable in other areas. I also craft 24/7 and still have well over 50k in fragments. I also craft these culture buildings but winning free ones is always nicer than having to use resources. And the culture buildings they offer in spire could be more like past culture buildings from former events that were offered as the daily exclusive. And not the codex buildings or the library or the chest set that are in the ma.
I ran out of spell frags today and had to disenchant some of the buildings I had in my inventory just to make another pet food. I'm not sure your idea would help. And like Soggy and Lyapo said, I love time boosts; I couldn't live without them.

As far as only newer players needing spell frags, I don't think I"m that new ... I'm in Elvenar chapter and nearing 600K in score. As far as how far you go up the spire, this will be the first week that I haven't hit the top in more than a month. (I could easily do it; I just want to rebuild my stash this week so am parked in the lab. I'd say I take about a dozen of these breaks per year, so around 40 times a year to the top.)

And high culture only buildings? YUCK!!! I would never, ever waste my precious space on culture buildings. I have to have pop with them or out they go.

I think each person's play is different and it depends on what you do whether this would work. I guarantee you there would be a lot of people angry if this change was made, and not all of them would be newer players or those who don't/can't do the whole spire. JMHO.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I could certainly go for more 14 and 20 hour time boosters, but I don't think Inno will give them away too freely, so what else would we get in exchange for spell frags. Coin rains? Supply instants? Got plenty of those. I could go for troop instants, but they are stingy with those, too. Sorry, I just don't see that they'd give something better, and there's only so many buildings you can disenchant since the rate is HORRIBLE ... just disenchanted a level 20 residence in storage and the spell frag reward was pitiful, but it did get me my pet food. If I wanted to disenchant for something expensive, that would reduce my inventory pretty quickly.

Iyapo1

@JessMac

There was an idea submitted to developers by the forum a while back requesting that the spell fragments on the third floor be shuffled down to the first and second floor.
That is as close as we have managed to come to a consensus on this issue. Everyone plays so differently that we can't agree on "good prizes".

It is a solid idea, just a highly controversial one.

Magjada

I don't mind the fragments nearly as much as artifacts in the spire. The events are easy enough to pick up 9 artifacts needed to fully evolve a building. And there is ample opportunity to pick up artifacts in crafting.

There is nothing more irritating to me in this game than having to press their stupid awesome button after getting another worthless artifact in the spire. It IS NOT "Awesome!" I'd like to see military boosts or even just troops as replacement for artifacts.

JessMac

@JessMac

There was an idea submitted to developers by the forum a while back requesting that the spell fragments on the third floor be shuffled down to the first and second floor.
That is as close as we have managed to come to a consensus on this issue. Everyone plays so differently that we can't agree on "good prizes".

It is a solid idea, just a highly controversial one.
Haha yes I’m starting to see that. If you go to the Facebook group all people do is complain about the prizes and the amount of spell fragments. But very little people on there even know about this forum and believe if they just keep posting there then INNO will notice and make changes. I have started posting the forum website on Facebook. But I don’t think it will do anything. At the end of the day I don’t care what they replace the spell fragments with obviously they can’t please anyone with this game. But just removing them from the third tier would make me happy.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I get way too many portal profits. I have thousands sitting there, staring at me, and daring me to use them! But that's me. I have a need for supply instants. But that's me. And I have plenty of spell fragments -- millions. But that's me. What I need and what you need may be completely different and thus, a wide range of things in the Spire is probably, overall, beneficial for the game.

But, specifically, the only thing I'd like to see changed is the offering of artifacts. It's a bit sad to see an artifact offered you don't need, and then to win it. What am I going to do with yet another mermaid artifact when I have 10 and the building to build it but don't want/need it over the one I already have? Maybe, instead of offering one at at a time, we could choose between 1, 2, or 3 different ones? Or an expiring building to produce one of our choice every 72 hours or 48 or 168 or whatever?

AJ

JessMac

Same difference. What's novice? Where's the line to beginner, intermediate, advanced?
I feel like there is a very clear line between at least beginner and intermediate. By the time you reach the guest races IF you are a very active player you have a better understanding of the game. How things work. You’ve by this time have participated in several events and routinely work the spire and tournaments into your weekly play. Beyond that I’ll agree the lines are mixed. But even as an intermediary player I feel like the amount of spell fragments I receive weekly is beyond enough. But I also very rarely speed up my crafting time. Unless I really need a coin raid or something like that. So I’m also not crafting at crazy high rates either.

Huor

I would just like to see them mix up the fellowship prize chests. May get more people to throw down some extra. Even if they want to keep boosters, at least change it up multiple 2, 1 hour 45, 30 15, 10 minute. Don't need 5 hour in every chest. Not saying change the amount, just make change for a 5.

JessMac

I would just like to see them mix up the fellowship prize chests. May get more people to throw down some extra. Even if they want to keep boosters, at least change it up multiple 2, 1 hour 45, 30 15, 10 minute. Don't need 5 hour in every chest. Not saying change the amount, just make change for a 5.

If they did that I would hope they would go five or higher. I find less and less uses for the 2hr and below. Unless I just have a ton of them and am able to use multiple at a time. But everything I do now is a huge amount of time. At least with the 5 I can use less of them at a time to speed stuff up.