• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

JessMac

I’m SORRY FOR A THIRD POST.

So here is my new post with ideas from my original post “a better spire”l
The best response I saw was from Huor,
“That would work too. No change in the prizes, just the values. A good starting point for change.”
I’m going to take their post and form it into my own opinion.
Why do we even need to replace the spell fragments given on level 3 in spire with anything? Why not just remove them and keep the current chests as they are? No one can even agree on what to replace them with anyways! And if you remove a chest option then the odds automatically go up on their own. So the percentages don’t even need to be changed. We all play so differently. So while 50% of the community may say no don’t do this. The other 50% are begging for this to happen. All that is required is for the chests that hold spell fragments in the third tier to just be removed. Nothing else needs to change. I understand that chest prizes aren’t supposed to be great. But this will still keep percentage rates the same level. But also kinda higher lol

****NEW****
Or we could just remove spell fragments from all gate chests on the third floor? Meaning in-between the gates you could still win them. This is from a player in my FS Doja. And it still keeps all of my pros and cons. I ultimately think this is the best option.

PROS:
-This should be I’m I assuming something easy to do for the mods. As deleting is always easier than rewriting. -They would just have to go slow I assume when deleting. I don’t code so I don’t really know.
-INNO loves ways to slow down play. The biggest reason most players say no don’t do this. Is because they say they don’t have enough. While the other 50% say hey I’m drowning in spell fragments. This would be another way to slow down play and not irritate the whole populous of the game. (Lol only just maybe 50% I’m sure y’all can do an internal reading on this)
- it would entice newer players to try and reach the third level to gain the better chest rewards (at least at the gates which is why we all play the spire). Knowing that their hard earned resources will go to better chests MIGHT increase spire participation. Which would also increase FS participation.
-I’m actively on the Facebook group and this is the main complaint. I’ve tried to get people to log on to here but they say it’s too difficult and after having to go through it myself. I agree. I had to reach out to INNO for help becoming a member. But that’s a different thread.
- pro for INNO only, this will force people who run out of spell fragments to disenchant their building that they hold onto for forever. I saw a post of Facebook where a guy had 23 pages of building he was not using. Why? Bc the ratio of of spell fragments per building is bs. He didn’t want to go that route. (I personally disenchant a building as soon as I move to the next chapter and realize I won’t use it and def won’t use the spells required to bring up to current chapters.) (I am also aware that their is a counter argument to this.)Ergo also forcing people to participate in monthly long quests for better culture buildings.
- Deleting is always easier than adding
- by simply deleting INNO gets to keep all their other prizes in other things as they are. No changes to event building quests . No changes to FA. No change that I can see. But would love input.

CONS:
-Again you can’t please everyone. So many will hate this idea
- I may not be a coder. But I work in an industry where we have to use computer generated lines of code to build actual houses people live in, with that being said. I know how hard “deleting lines” can be. It can be slow and tedious so you don’t accidentally delete something that wasn’t meant to be deleted.

JessMac

@lyapo1. Please see the revised ****new*** part. Is this something you think you could work with?

Shizuru1462

I really like this idea because we don't need to replace the spell fragments just remove them at the gates in the third floor. To me it seems like the best way to go about it.

DeletedUser27062

I will be highly pi$$ed if there's any reduction in spell frags. I regularly run out of frags as it is so no touching the frags!!

Doja Aurora

If spell fragments were still won in the third floor between gates, and when you won them they were 1500-2000 fragments, then you wouldn't have much or any loss in spell fragments--but it also allows for slightly better prizes and incentives for the final stage of the spire. It costs so much more in the third stage then the first, 500 spell fragments or a 5 hour booster seems like poor humor when nearing the top. Such things being more like 1500 fragments, or 3x 5 hour boosters--plus keeping them off gate chests so there is a slightly better chance of winning something desirable in those--would go a long way to making participation worth it for more players. And I believe it would be a super beneficial change.

JessMac

If spell fragments were still won in the third floor between gates, and when you won them they were 1500-2000 fragments, then you wouldn't have much or any loss in spell fragments--but it also allows for slightly better prizes and incentives for the final stage of the spire. It costs so much more in the third stage then the first, 500 spell fragments or a 5 hour booster seems like poor humor when nearing the top. Such things being more like 1500 fragments, or 3x 5 hour boosters--plus keeping them off gate chests so there is a slightly better chance of winning something desirable in those--would go a long way to making participation worth it for more players. And I believe it would be a super beneficial change.

Upping the amount on actual inner chests is another great idea!

JessMac

I really like this idea because we don't need to replace the spell fragments just remove them at the gates in the third floor. To me it seems like the best way to go about it.
Sorry I should have checked if you posted this here as well. The reason I started the very first of these threads is bc I received SF at the very last gate.

JessMac

@helya is there way for me to delete a post? I’d like to get rid of part two and only have people rlly to this one. And if you ever want to send me a message on formatting I would love that. I really thought I was closer to being correct on this one lol

JessMac

@Iyapo1 and I could honestly mistaken. Thinking back on it. I think what happened was In the third tier almost all of my chest were spell fragments and by the time I reached the final boss I was so pissed that I had wasted so many resources on that floor and my over payout was crap. And since I didn’t win one of the better prizes at the last gate I went on a rampage and wrote the first spire forum.

JessMac

So you had a bad week in the spire and now you want the prizes changed?
No I’ve had mainly bad weeks in spire. And I am not alone in this opinion. The Facebook posts are constantly ranting about this and a mod has already confirmed that this has been requested on support tickets quite often. I’m just trying to go about it correctly.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@JessMac
The spire only gives an average of 1600 SF per day(see link above), which isn't even enough to craft 4 recipes.
Have you run any calculations yourself or at least gathered your own anecdotal evidence?
1. How many SF do you get in 1 month?
2. How many items do you craft in 1 month?

The spire doesn't give enough SF to sustainably craft something good every cycle let alone crafting 2-3 items when a good set of recipes comes up.
Just because a bunch of FB users only craft once per day doesn't mean there are too many SF handed out.

Alram

Flippers just flip
What do you consider a good week in the spire? I'm genuinely curious because I have plenty of portal profits, teleport spells, trading stations and dwarven armorers. I don't really need anymore of those. I always need spell fragments.

No I’ve had mainly bad weeks in spire.

JessMac

What do you consider a good week in the spire? I'm genuinely curious because I have plenty of portal profits, teleport spells, trading stations and dwarven armorers. I don't really need anymore of those. I always need spell fragments.
If I had a stockpile of all of those as well I would not be suggesting a change. But I don’t I usually get the majority of my time boosters from the FS overall rewards. And since my FS only manages at this time to gain silver that’s not much. We also only gain silver bc the majority of my FS refuse to go past the 1st floor. But that’s also an inner fs problem. The majority of all of my chests are usually just sfs. I’ve never ever been given a trading station. I’m also not sitting here say I have never received a good win. I have won two genies. It just feels like playing the penny slots in Vegas. At least in Vegas you can choose to get up and try a different machine if your luck is crappy with a machine.

JessMac

@JessMac
The spire only gives an average of 1600 SF per day(see link above), which isn't even enough to craft 4 recipes.
Have you run any calculations yourself or at least gathered your own anecdotal evidence?
1. How many SF do you get in 1 month?
2. How many items do you craft in 1 month?

The spire doesn't give enough SF to sustainably craft something good every cycle let alone crafting 2-3 items when a good set of recipes comes up.
Just because a bunch of FB users only craft once per day doesn't mean there are too many SF handed out.
I have not done that research. It honestly never crossed my mind.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
How about, instead of just removing the SF from the gates you also adjust the SF offered by the other chests so the amount in the third tier remains the same? That way those needing the SF's are satisfied and those wanting other things -- or a greater chance of other things -- are also satisfied. So instead of 500, 1,000 1,500, 2,000 SF you'd have 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, and 0 SF (for instance, since I don't remember the exact amounts in each gate) in the four gates. If Soggy is right and you can easily delete the SF in the gates, it's probably even easier to adjust the amounts of SF in the other three.

AJ

JessMac

I've merged ideas 1 and 3 together, please see the initial post for the original and the updated version. I've left idea #2 for reference but was too lazy for more merging, so it's closed.
I greatly appreciate it! I finally figured out how to edit