• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I really should have started this in discussion and never opened a thread over here. That is my fault and as I’m new to the forum it is a learning curve. I would ideally have been happy with just swapping the spell fragments our with time boosters. But overall most people hated this idea. I probably am a dreamer. But so we’re the Wright brothers at one point in time…. :D
Off course you can, but well I do not agree with your claim, and I have already shown why here which you simply deny.
Then you want something impossible.
There is something you should know, we never get "better prizes" we sometimes get change, but the catch in general is that the change is always worse then what you had.

Just ask the oldies on the forums how ofter they have seen where rewards did get better after a change and how often worse?
It always ends in disaster.

Now you idea is to replace the according to you bad rewards with good rewards. that just ain't gonna happen.
It never did and it never will.

I can ask for example to exceggerate to improve the diamonds rewards with 1000%.
Guess where that idea will end?

So A. your claim ain't valid, you can it deny all you want B. you ask the impossible.
Thats pretty much the end of this.

JessMac

Off course you can, but well I do not agree with your claim, and I have already shown why here which you simply deny.
Then you want something impossible.
There is something you should know, we never get "better prizes" we sometimes get change, but the catch in general is that the change is always worse then what you had.

Just ask the oldies on the forums how ofter they have seen where rewards did get better after a change and how often worse?
It always ends in disaster.

Now you idea is to replace the according to you bad rewards with good rewards. that just ain't gonna happen.
It never did and it never will.

I can ask for example to exceggerate to improve the diamonds rewards with 1000%.
Guess where that idea will end?

So A. your claim ain't valid, you can it deny all you want B. you ask the impossible.
Thats pretty much the end of this.
I will be 100% honest with you when I opened that thread last night I took one look and ran hahah. It was very late. I was very tired. Now having actually read it. Kudos to you for the amount of work that went into that. Seeing the layout is a strong case for no reduction.
As for wording I do believe I have stopped using “better” and “bad”.
At the end of the day do you not find it annoying that the chests are all identical?
My suggestion overall doesn’t change the current amount of sf in the spire. It only disperses them to other chests ( really need to find a better way to explain this part) so therefor since we are not removing anything I find your math post while impressive. Irrelevant.
The addition of time boosters overall I don’t think is asking for that great of a reward such as diamonds. I personally can not get enough of them and will always craft them when offered in MA. Even when I have ton stock piled.

JessMac

Last week I bribed my way to the top, used up coin rain and windfall and all I got for beating the big dude at the top was a 25% portal profit. On the journey to the top I got about 50k spell frags, I now have 180k. And I craft daily. I did get a few gingerbread artifacts until I built the mansion, then I didn't get any more. In either city. Yes, there needs to be some reason to get to the top.
Does this reply mean that you find my revision better? (Until you’re reply saying “no I don’t” I’m going to assume that you believe this is a more reasonable suggestion and will do a happy dance that I have possibly changed a mind!!!! ****dancing****

Dew Spinner

I play daily and I am often short spell fragments. I craft a lot, in fact I often use spell fragment to craft culture building in the MA that are very high in culture and low in squares.
I would object to any change in the quantity of spell fragments in the spire.

I actually like speed up timers too.
Iyapo, your play style is somewhat unique, most players are not craft in the extreme like you do. I understand lowering spell fragments for newer players already ham strung by only being allowed 1 Moonstone Library set is an issue but the OP has addressed that and I am sure the devs would address that too, IF they are OK with the rest of the suggestion.

JessMac

Iyapo, your play style is somewhat unique, most players are not craft in the extreme like you do. I understand lowering spell fragments for newer players already ham strung by only being allowed 1 Moonstone Library set is an issue but the OP has addressed that and I am sure the devs would address that too, IF they are OK with the rest of the suggestion.
To be fair their post was a response to my very first version (which was horrible and quickly squashed lol)

I am not 100% sure of their stance on the revision though, I believe they don’t mind it?

Dew Spinner

@JessMac
The spire only gives an average of 1600 SF per day(see link above), which isn't even enough to craft 4 recipes.
Have you run any calculations yourself or at least gathered your own anecdotal evidence?
1. How many SF do you get in 1 month?
2. How many items do you craft in 1 month?

The spire doesn't give enough SF to sustainably craft something good every cycle let alone crafting 2-3 items when a good set of recipes comes up.
Just because a bunch of FB users only craft once per day doesn't mean there are too many SF handed out.
You have no way of knowing that they are crafting once per day, that is a specious argument.

Dew Spinner

He died at the age of 95 due to a respiratory infection…. But now we are just getting super off topic. I would love to hear your opinion on my revision though!!!
Good luck with getting that poster to say anything constructive!! LOL

Dew Spinner

To be fair their post was a response to my very first version (which was horrible and quickly squashed lol)

I am not 100% sure of their stance on the revision though, I believe they don’t mind it?
Heyla will be the final arbitrator of whether this moves up the chain or not. Until you hear a 'NO' from her...continue to forge on. Old timers on this forum are VERY vested in protecting THEIR own game and unfortunately, not as vested as they should be about bettering the game as a whole. As proof of this...most of them have not offered alternative suggestions just a firm "NO'.

JessMac

Heyla will be the final arbitrator of whether this moves up the chain or not. Until you hear a 'NO' from her...continue to forge on. Old timers on this forum are VERY vested in protecting THEIR own game and unfortunately, not as vested as they should be about bettering the game as a whole. As proof of this...most of them have not offered alternative suggestions just a firm "NO'.
She has been very encouraging and helpful with this idea!!

Dew Spinner

I will make one more effort here.
You are poking a sleeping beast with these suggestions. The players who crunch numbers have told you explicitly that in no way, shape, or form, are there too many Spell Fragments given out in the Spire. Furthermore the amount of Fragments given by disenchantment of inventory, was nerfed a while back.

If you ask the developers to change something that isn't broken, and they actually do implement your idea, we will all be punished for what you admit is fueled by a reckless, rage induced moment.

There are no spell fragments in Boss chests, which I do believe was your original premise.

I will end this note on a positive bit of advice. Try to vary the times you wait, and pick up chests. This can actually make a huge difference in achieving success in picking up the rare prize items.

Please leave off this reckless idea.
Discussion about an issue is good and so is offering constructive alternatives. Please don't try to "strangle" the conversation altogether. There are many people who want to have this dicsussion freely.

Iyapo1

@JessMac
I am nervous about it. I really dont like the idea of requesting spire reward adjustments but as presented you are just asking for a small addition to the current prizes. So I seem to be objection less.

Everyone has bad weeks in the spire! It costs a lot to do the 3rd floor and the prizes should be better than they are!
It has already been mentioned...the best spire prizes are the FS rewards. The spire prizes are cumulatively pretty awsome if you are climbing with a team.

Dew Spinner

@JessMac
I am nervous about it. I really dont like the idea of requesting spire reward adjustments but as presented you are just asking for a small addition to the current prizes. So I seem to be objection less.

It has already been mentioned...the best spire prizes are the FS rewards. The spire prizes are cumulatively pretty awsome if you are climbing with a team.
The individual rewards should be better and I seriously doubt anyone would object to that.

Dew Spinner

If they were crafting 4x per day (once per cycle) they would run out of SF with most recipes. Please see the link provided.
That does not change your specious argument that...those complaining only craft once per day...you have no way of knowing what you are trying to make your argument from. If you would like to change that specious argument then you are free to do so.