• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That does not change your specious argument that...those complaining only craft once per day...you have no way of knowing what you are trying to make your argument from. If you would like to change that specious argument then you are free to do so.
Nah, I feel the point was well made and I'll take my allowance for a (possible) slight exaggeration. You can keep your panties in a twist if you like though, whatever makes your day.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What I have seen so far is that your are a dreamer.
You want to get "better" rewards, but you will never get "better" rewards.
You can change something "bad" for something "bad" but they will never give you more.
Opening 100 topics will not change a thing.

Interesting. I, personally, like dreamers. After all, few great things have happened without imagination and that's the hallmark of a dreamer.

One "error" you have made is the idea that what we are suggesting is "impossible." You can say "impossible," but to do so with accuracy you'd have to show an unchangeable mechanism by which it is, well, "impossible." For instance, there is no way, at this time, make gravity go away. Even in earth orbit it's just the balance between forward momentum and gravitational pull that makes it seem we are weightless (which is what most people think is the result of the absense of gravity). To the best of my knowledge it is possible for the devs to increase rewards. I can think of no programming that would change that. Do you know of any reason they can't? "Can't," not "won't?"

Given they CAN, then, I assume you meant "they won't" as there exists no possible arguments to have them change their minds and do what they can. Your evaluation, based on your experience, and that of a lot of other long term players, like myself, may lead you to believe no arguments will persuade them, but to say "impossible" you have to come up with all the possible arguments and apply them. Probably never done and probably never going to be done as the reasons for having them give more rewards are many and the reasons for them saying "No" are also many.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? It may be we will catch them on a good day, or that the particular request being suggested will have a possitive impact we can't even see but they can. In the end it's always more fun to imagine the possible -- even if it's unlikely -- than to shut down the dreamers with the word "impossible."

So this was mentioned that we are reducing chances of winning spell fragments. But over all I think the possibility stay relatively the same amount wise overall. But I’m also not crunching hard numbers like y’all would like me to do. And I apologize for that. Someone is more than free to do that math if they would like.

You are right that this would reduce the times you would have spell fragments in the chests. But it also means that when you win them you get a bigger amount. Let's look at this.

I have a pair of dice. I have a 1:6 chance of rolling a combination adding up to 7. Each time I do, I win 100 of something. So I have a 1:6 chance of winning X. Now what if I say "any time you get a "1" it doesn't count. So, in essence, I've reduced the chances of getting I can take to 30 rather than 36 (meaning I've eliminated six of the rolls, just as we are suggesting removing some of the chests from awarding SF). Now, because I have eliminated some of the chances -- reduced the overall probability of getting a 7 a player would not make as much. However, if I then raised the payout so they got the same payout overall, nothing would be lost because I'm just condensing the same payout and distributing it amongst a fewer number of chests.

In the end the SF received would be almost identical overall. However, all players would receive also get improved chances in the gates of receiving the replacement items. So everybody wins and nobody loses.

AJ

Alram

Flippers just flip
Everyone has bad weeks in the spire! It costs a lot to do the 3rd floor and the prizes should be better than they are!
I'm not following these posts anymore. I'll revisit when the poll goes up. :)
Everyone does have bad weeks in the spire. I don't see how adding a few speedups to what seems to be one chest and redistributing spell fragments is going to motivate anyone who doesn't spire regularly to suddenly climb and be happy, but that's just me.

Dew Spinner

Nah, I feel the point was well made and I'll take my allowance for a (possible) slight exaggeration. You can keep your panties in a twist if you like though, whatever makes your day.
And another specious argument! You have no way of knowing whether I wear underwear or not! ;) But, it does work for a bullying tactic which you are known for.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Iyapo, your play style is somewhat unique, most players are not craft in the extreme like you do.
Honestly, Inno seems to be catering to my playstyle this season which means I am not that unique.
A grand prize that gives CCs and CC relics.
An upcoming pretty pet that gives Vision Vapor.
I am very happy with the game right now.

Dew Spinner

Honestly, Inno seems to be catering to my playstyle this season, which means I am not that unique.
A grand prize that gives CCs and CC relics.
An upcoming pretty pet that gives Vision Vapor.
I am very happy with the game right now.
That's because they hamstrung new players by limiting the Moonstone Library set to 1 only, so unless you fit into that category, you have massively benefitted from INNO trying to fix their hamstringing decision. INNO has forced new/newer players to use their MA as a CC factory ONLY and to disenchant everything, up to and including Magic buildings, to have enough spell fragments. The Pilgram's Manor set was their way of doing a half-a**ed fix, which benefitted other players that won a lot of Moonstone sets before changing it to 1 and done immensely, including myself. The OP has addressed the lack of spell fragments by suggesting more spell fragment offered in the chests that offer them in the 1st and 2nd floor. It's really not up to "us" players to fix INNO's bonehead decisions, so kudos to the players that do try!

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

The OP has addressed the lack of spell fragments by suggesting more spell fragment offered in the chests that offer them in the 1st and 2nd floor.
While removing the exact same SF from other chests? This addresses a lack of SF how? Also, the OP wanted to remove SF, not just shift them originally and changed their suggestion only after we all jumped all over them trying to protect players like you.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
But now we are just getting super off topic. I would love to hear your opinion on my revision though!!!

This is about the 793rd thread I have seen on this subject. It is hard to take it seriously.
Plus, the Spire is fine with me. I get teleports that I save up for FA weeks, I get more timers than I use speeding to the top, I often get Dwarven Armorers, it's all good.
I'd prefer that the people who constantly whine about not getting enough for free don't screw it up.

Dew Spinner

While removing the exact same SF from other chests? This addresses a lack of SF how? Also, the OP wanted to remove SF, not just shift them originally and changed their suggestion only after we all jumped all over them trying to protect players like you.
You are not protecting players like me, I have an over abundance of Spell Fragments. I have 4 Moonstone Library sets and 3 Pilgram Manor sets, please stop making assumptions tha benefit your agenda.The OP revised her/his suggestion to reflect the opposition to the original suggestion and then suggested that the spell fragment amounts be doubled on the 1st and 2nd floor chests that contain a chance to win them and still that is not enough to call off the Dogs. Old timers have to continually bully ANY suggestion that doesn't benefit them but does benefit the game as a whole. I am sure there is NOT one player that will say the individual rewards for completing the 3rd floor of the Spire are in balance to the resources given away to do it.

JessMac

@JessMac
I am nervous about it. I really dont like the idea of requesting spire reward adjustments but as presented you are just asking for a small addition to the current prizes. So I seem to be objection less.
oh I am nervous as all get out of actually requesting this too!

BrinDarby

At the end of the day do you not find it annoying that the chests are all identical?
Bugs me all the FS Spire rewards are basically the same thing...

That's because they hamstrung new players by limiting the Moonstone Library set to 1 only,
The Hamstring ALL players by not changing static goods to a +goods when they removed
it from Spire, or having it that way in the 1st place..... thats why they now limit it to 1 each !!!

SoggyShorts

Old timers have to continually bully ANY suggestion that doesn't benefit them
Careful, your bias is showing. In my experience most old-timers rarely act out of self-interest since they don't need much.
Think about it:
Old timers have moonsets.
Old timers don't need SF
OP is asking for more non-SF spire prizes
=
OPs proposal benefits Old-Timers

So...Why are they against it?
I'm in the 100s of thousands of SF category, my position is of zero benefit to me, I'm actually looking out for others.
I am sure there is NOT one player that will say the individual rewards for completing the 3rd floor of the Spire are in balance to the resources given away to do it.
I think the balance is fine, and find the costs quite cheap , at least at my level of play. YMMV
You are not protecting players like me, I have an overabundance of Spell Fragments.
So we're actually in agreement that a reduction in SF would be bad for others, and neither of us are acting in our own selfish interests, but you're picking a fight with me because....? Habit?

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

@Eudaemonia You are one of the players that is adversely affected by the 1 Moonstone Library set change in the game. The OP has revised her/his idea to incorporate double the Spell Fragments on the chests for the 1st and 2nd floor to more than make up for the loss of spell fragments on the 3rd floor. Is this acceptable for a player like you? Is there any other suggestions you would like to add or subtract? Do you want better rewards for all the resources given away to complete the 3rd floor? I am sure the OP would love to hear some cronstructive ideas on how to make this idea better, straight from the horse's mouth, I know the idea started out rough but all ideas do and you were originally...No Way!...but how do you feel now about it since it has been revised?

Dew Spinner

I'm in the 100s of thousands of SF category, my position is of zero benefit to me, I'm actually looking out for others.

I think the balance is fine, and find the costs quite cheap.

So we're actually in agreement that a reduction in SF would be bad for others, and neither of us are acting in our own selfish interests, but you're picking a fight with me because....? Habit?
No I don't agree, that is just another assumption to fit your agenda. I agree with the OP that the rewards for the 3rd floor of Spire NEED to be adjusted for the amount of troops/goods/diamonds needed to climb the 3rd floor and to protect the 1 and done Moonstone Library players, the spell fragments removed from the 3rd floor need to be more than made up for in the 1st and 2nd floor. But you already know this, it is you picking the fight and making assumptions to fit your agenda, like everyone complaining about too many spell fragments, only crafts once per day, those are your words, not mine.

SoggyShorts

No I don't agree, that is just another assumption to fit your agenda..... the spell fragments removed from the 3rd floor need to be more than made up for in the 1st and 2nd floor.
So....you agree, that SF shouldn't be reduced. You're kinda strange, you know that? I mean even Brin and I can admit on the rare occasion that we're on the same side.

BTW what do you think my agenda is? Because all I've posted in this proposal is that there are not too many SF currently given out when considering the costs of crafting more than once per day.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I am sure there is NOT one player that will say the individual rewards for completing the 3rd floor of the Spire are in balance to the resources given away to do it.

I think the balance is fine, and find the costs quite cheap , at least at my level of play. YMMV

You are right, you won't find ONE player, cause now we are two;) I go to the top weekly in 3 cities regardless if we get gold or not, cause I find it worth it just for the individual rewards. (And a few more in my fs go to the top too without getting gold, so I assume they do it cause they find it worth it, but I don't know since I have not asked).

The rewards in spire helps me continue to go to the top in spire - and do more in tourney. I autofight all the way, at least in my big cities, my smaller cities still have to cater sometimes):
* DAs helps my troops win
* Time boosters / supply instants helps me train enough troops
* Catalysts/spell fragments (and time boosters) helps me craft more:
** UUU/ELR/MMM helps my troops win
** Pet food to feed fire phoenix to help my troops win + brown bear to train enough troops
** Time boosters / supply instants as above
* Doing more in tourney means more KP to level my fighting wonders, blue/purple spells to get more supplies, plenty of relics to craft catalysts,...

And then I sometimes get lucky and get diamonds (both from spire and the crafting chest), magic buildings, genies,... (And of course the diamonds from the fellowship prices are an extra bonus).

And yes, sometimes I am unlucky and get rewards I can't use (e.g. portal profits and most of the artifacts), but on average I find it more than worth it to go to the top even without the fellowship rewards.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like more rewards, but it wouldn't change how much I do in spire. (but I am not sure I find this likely, so @JessMac if you want more rewards, then I think you need really good arguments to convince Inno to give you more).

Last edited:

JessMac

I’m over here trying to figure out how y’all are inserting parts of quotes…. Is this something that can be done on Mobil????

@The Fairy my original idea was to just remove the sf. But I’m sure you know how well that went over. Compromised to moving sf to different are in spire. Leaving everything else alone. This idea was not liked in my other post as well. Seems like most people don’t agree with having them moved and not replaced. So I started this thread hoping to figure out a solution.

OIM20

I’m over here trying to figure out how y’all are inserting parts of quotes…. Is this something that can be done on Mobil????
The easiest way for me to tell you to do it on mobile would be to use the reply button like you've been doing and remove what you don't want to quote form the response box. If you can highlight text with your finger or a stylus, though, and then tap reply, it should only show the highlighted text in the response window.

Alternatively, you can type:
[ Q U O T E = " {insert the user's name}, post: {insert the post number}, member: {insert the user's member number} ]
the text you want to quote goes here
[ / Q U O T E ]
Take out the spaces between the "[" and the letters "Q" "U" "O" "T" E" and "]". And at the end, remove the ones around the "/". Edit: and the "="

The post number is obtained by hovering over the # of the post in the thread and referencing the end of the URL; for example, I am quoting post #118 of this thread, but post # 226392 of the forum. You would use the latter number in creating your quote code.

The user's member number is obtained by hovering over their user name. It follows after the chosen name and the ".". Yours is 29346, Fairy's is 26728. Muckstermeme's is 6171.

And both because I want to respond to it and to show you that you can then go to a different post, highlight a different thing, and click/tap the reply button again and it will just pick up wherever your cursor last was in your response box:
And yes, sometimes I am unlucky and get rewards I can't use (e.g. portal profits and most of the artifacts), but on average I find it more than worth it to go to the top even without the fellowship rewards.
In my very first few days playing this game, during the February event with the Everblossom Sleigh, I got a portal profit. It's the only time I got one in an event before reaching Dwarves. Pretty sure it was a glitch.

I didn't know what it was, but it was greyed out, so it seemed the game was telling me "this is useless to you". So I disenchanted it. I didn't know how soon I would need that silly thing, but at the time I needed spell fragments more. And I've since been able to craft quite a few PPs in the MA, so I'm not exactly hard up for them. (You watch; now I've typed that, the RNG is going to keep me from seeing a PP recipe for days.)

While I'm not quite to the point where I can just zip all the way up all those stairs, I do agree that on the whole the prizes have proven worth making it as far into the lab as I can, regardless of where the purple goo meter stops. :)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
And another specious argument! You have no way of knowing whether I wear underwear or not! ;) But, it does work for a bullying tactic which you are known for.

So if you are refusing to give out money living on water and bread in a cardboard box and therefore have a lot of money on the bank, we should reduce everyones wages because you show we earn to much money and therefore nobody could claim they earn too little.

So if someone comments on that that refutes this showing them the bill people have to pay if they eat normal food and do not live in a cardboard box. they are bullies?

Thats an awesome argument!