• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Get Your Diamonds Now

Carolyn1141

Hey Ad guys and moderators and everyone whose attention I need to get. On the Get Diamonds Now you gave us the lowest buy in then jumped it up to $49.99. We need you to bring back the $ 19.99 one for us little ole ladies that can't afford the high dollar buys but can eke out $10 or $ 20 to play one and yes, you can buy two of the $9.99 ones but you get more bonus on the $ 19.99. Please help those that like to play but can't afford the high dollar diamonds. Thank you
Granny Lady

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
^This. While I know Inno is not headquartered in the USA, the sales team needs to understand USA pricing metrics. There is a reason that all the infomercial/home shopping networks/as seen on TV prices here are set around the $19.99 price point. The purchase options discussed by the OP are the ones that are now in my account: $9.99 then $49.99. Here's how the thinking goes when I see that: The $10 option is not a good value. Even buying 2 of them is just 2 of sub-par value. Well, sami, you can afford $50, and that is a fairly good value. Yeah, but now we're getting into real money: what else can I buy with $50? So, I click and look, but I also want to spend some of my disposable $$ on stuff for the new grandbaby, mani-pedis, and there's a real cute pair of shoes I saw on Amazon. So I go look at the research tree and my world map provinces and see if I can devise a strategy for getting expansions without spending diamonds. $20 is not looked at the same. When you go to the ATM for cash, it doles it out in $20 bills. When you get 'cash back' at the store, if you don't want it in all $20's, you ask for 'big bills' meaning $50's and $100's. See, right there you moved away from the 'throwaway' money and into the 'big bills' by removing the $19.99 and moving to the $49.99. Yes, it's a cultural and psychological thing, but, really? You seem to get the psychological benefit of $19.99 instead of $20.00. You're marketing and selling pictures on a screen for goodness' sakes! Now, factor in the older population playing this particular game. Not a bunch of kids playing and spending as the mood hits them. Mature adults who are managing households, budgets, careers, families, etc. They have the funds, but they're looking to spend them on things they perceive as having value. Work with that $19.99 price point, not against it! Make it a good value as it is, then pop in with offers from time to time making it a great value. Do those more often if you need to and you'll get folks spending that $20 more often. Yes, it adds up to more than the one $49.99 purchase made less frequently, but isn't that what you're after? And, it's not like the goods you are producing are costing you more to offer those deals. Goods that require actual factories to produce (such as items offered for sale on TV) have figured out how to be profitable at the $19.99 price point and I'm sure you can, too. Here, you even see products in infomercials that are much higher priced, but they ALWAYS have the option to split it into X number of automatic monthly credit/debit card payments of...you guessed it...$19.99! There's an idea: figure out a way to offer 'subscriptions' to diamond purchases. $9.99/mo gets X, $19.99 gets 2X+%. Make those a better value than the 'regular' in-game purchases. Then, market great value deals to your subscribers, having 'sales' if you will. We're suckers for sales over here! There is a story (somewhat sexist) I've heard with several variations here: Man complains about his wife spending $500 on clothes in one shopping trip. Wife patiently explains that due to the sale prices at the outlet mall, she saved $700. And she can show those savings item by item on the receipt, therefore, she actually made $200. Do not try to argue with that logic...unless you LIKE sleeping on the couch...
Thank you for your consideration.
Another Granny Lady

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You seem to get the psychological benefit of $19.99 instead of $20.00.
I read this, and thought "That can't still work, surely after decades of seeing 19.99 our brains translate it to $20 by now"
Wow was that ever wrong. According to fairly recent studies it still totally works. Kinda disappointing really.

But yeah, please bring back the 19.99 option before a fifth thread asking for it gets started.;)

Carolyn1141

I read this, and thought "That can't still work, surely after decades of seeing 19.99 our brains translate it to $20 by now"
Wow was that ever wrong. According to fairly recent studies it still totally works. Kinda disappointing really.

But yeah, please bring back the 19.99 option before a fifth thread asking for it gets started.;)
Being on fixed income and somewhat housebound due to illness , like I said I can usually eke out $ 20but $ 50 has to g o some where. I hope you undersstand.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member

It really is kinda disappointing if you think about it, lol! But it's obvious lately that they're changing up their offerings, presumably in an effort to maximize income. So, whoever has the job to maximize income does the company a disservice by not doing some rather rudimentary research into pricing metrics. Or, if they have done the research, thinking it's a good idea to try something 'fresh & new'. Like you said, still working after decades...just go with it, remove the lower end pricing not supported by merchant processing fees and put your energy into developing and increasing other income streams.

SoggyShorts

I've never bought diamonds, but as a Canadian I never would even if I was that type of player. Our dollar is worth 80% of the US dollar, but our prices in the diamond store are 40% higher:mad:
Being on fixed income and somewhat housebound due to illness , like I said I can usually eke out $ 20but $ 50 has to g o some where. I hope you undersstand.
I think you misunderstood my post- I was saying that I'm surprised that things still sell better at $19.99 than at $20.

DeletedUser188

Our dollar is worth 80% of the US dollar, but our prices in the diamond store are 40% higher:mad:
I think the difference is because the price of diamonds is based on the euro not the us dollar
The American price is higher than the European price for diamonds
1 Euro equals 1.18 US Dollar
1 Euro equals 1.50 Canadian Dollar
That looks to me as though the difference its still higher than it should be
I could be wrong but it should be only 32% higher not 40% more

SoggyShorts

@Andrew420
As a canuck I've kinda gotten used to it, but it still irks me. Even when our dollar was worth $1.02 USD books still cost 30%-60% more for us.
They used to say that it was because of shipping, but there are some pretty remote parts of the USA, and also that doesn't explain why E-books at the time were also 30%-60% more.:(
One of the most painful shopping experiences there is for a canadian is finding a great deal online and then realizing you are on Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca, and then finding out the same thing costs hundreds more than you thought.

Catlover987

Please bring back the $19.99 Package for diamonds. the smaller one is not a good value and the $49.99 one is too rich for my budget.

DeletedUser7421

Well..... I have complained that this game is ALL about the money on several threads - Now, Id really like someone to explain WHY this game is worth spending 5.99, 10.99, 19.99, 29.99 and for god sakes 49.99 on.

The fact that this thread even exists is a good indication that this game applies forceful motivators for people to spend real money. Not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Now, Id really like someone to explain WHY this game is worth spending 5.99, 10.99, 19.99, 29.99 and for god sakes 49.99 on.
Money has different value to different people. There is no blanket answer to your question.
The fact that this thread even exists is a good indication that this game applies forceful motivators for people to spend real money. Not cool.
It's a business, not a hobby. The programmers, artists, and designers are earning their livings and feeding their families by creating it. It's primary purpose isn't to be free. It's primary purpose is to earn money. They have designed it so that those who want to can play for free, in hopes that sometimes they will pay.

DeletedUser8382

+1, $19.99 is definitely my favorite price point for games like this.