• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting tired of having Instants shoved down my throat

• Thread starter DeletedUser10990
  • Start date

DeletedUser2870

I'd be happy enough with a 5:1 system.
Or just a way to store more shards (as they promised earlier, which ALSO never happened).
Or a way to forge those shards at the present 10:1 rate into a rune for any AW one has unlocked.

This whole subject has also had LOT of attention on this forum and on Beta, with lots of players coming up with ideas...forwarded to the trashcan...oh, sorry, forwarded to the dev team, never to be heard from again, never to be responded to by Inno, which pretty much is the same thing as a trashcan

DeletedUser2870

*grins*....no, not yet. However, considering Inno's trackrecord I think its going to be really hard to find a bookie willing to take a bet on it happening very much sooner than never ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah @SoggyShorts in the last Q &A Timmon mentioned the blue prints for upgrading event buildings! At 5:40
Yep just watched again, and this time they did specifically mention upgrading event buildings. You'd think I'd pay more attention since it was my question they were answering in that Q&A. You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

EDIT: chapter 11 venar's rocks here I come! J/K, though I am thinking about holding a couple winter stars... 255 pop/sq at chapter 11, just imagine how good they'll be in chapter 16 when we get those blueprints!

Last edited:

DeletedUser7421

I really LOVE the instants - 18 hrs turns into 4 hrs and no more running out of coins and supplies!

DeletedUser10859

At first I wanted only the long one's but now I wish I had won a few more of the shorter duration (e.g 5 hour) because I would love to finish upgrading the dragons and sorcerers guest buildings which are just over 8 hours but the smallest instant I have is 14 hr and I don't want to waste it. Oh well what is it they say? Patience is a virtue! lol

SoggyShorts

At first I wanted only the long one's but now I wish I had won a few more of the shorter duration (e.g 5 hour) because I would love to finish upgrading the dragons and sorcerers guest buildings which are just over 8 hours but the smallest instant I have is 14 hr and I don't want to waste it. Oh well what is it they say? Patience is a virtue! lol
There comes a point later where a lot of upgrades are 16.5h even with a builder buff. I'd love to break some 14h ones into 2h for those. Soggy likes to sleep.

DeletedUser10859

Oh I have a lot of the longer ones too (My workshops are over 20 hours!). I am just doing my guest races to level 4 and they are only about 8 hr so some of the smaller time reductions could be beneficial with them. :) Sadly patience is not my strong suit and I've used all my little ones already haha

DeletedUser2870

@SoggyShorts
Even with a builder buff, upgrading my MH in the halfling chapter took about 50 hours.
So yes, sometimes the reductions are nice. MH isn't one I'd waste it on though, but the upgrades of factories and workshops are also taking a long time and then a shortening just means more goods or supplies because an additional run can be done, and that can be interesting

SoggyShorts

@Dhurrin
Yeah I won't bother using them on MH either. Since I like to sleep 8h a day my most hated upgrades are the 16.5-17h ones, as they make my builder sit idle for 7h.
I think the most efficient use for timers is when they let you use a builder again when you normally wouldn't be able to.
Like the 1h timer so you can finish a build and start another before going to bed/ work.

DeletedUser10859

50 hours! Yikes

I just peeked at my MH and my next is 49 hours. That's crazy! Way to long.

Arkadia

My problem is that with Marble/gems as two of my boosts, there is virtually no use for the relics since I hit max. Those tourneys are now strictly for the kp.

I disagree.
The tourneys are a lot more than just getting KPs. Have a closer look ;) :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I disagree.
You're welcome to disagree, but in the normal course of play, there is nothing other than KP which I can't gain more efficiently than I can by participating in those two tournaments. The other tournaments allow me to make PoP, EE, and MM and KP spells I can use more cheaply than the ones I get from the tourney. I'm almost never looking for broken rune shards, because all of my wheels are currently full, so by far the majority of those are all ending up in the garbage. There is nothing that my boosted tournaments do for me that I can't get better elsewhere

SoggyShorts

I disagree.
Tournaments for your boost give
  • Relics (useless if you hit max boost and have a few hundred saved for AW upgrades)
  • Runes(nearly useless if you have a lot for wonders you don't plan on building)
  • Spells(not needed if you run MA 24/7)
  • And KP which is always useful.

Arkadia

Tournaments for your boost give
  • Relics (useless if you hit max boost and have a few hundred saved for AW upgrades)
  • Runes(nearly useless if you have a lot for wonders you don't plan on building)
  • Spells(not needed if you run MA 24/7)
  • And KP which is always useful.

* Relics are very useful when u make spells! :p
* Runes are very useful when u learn the benefits of all AWs (or most) and build them ;)
* Spells are very useful when u're upgrading ur AWs and need ton of coins so u boost ur culture bldgs (EE), OR participating in tourneys and cater some or most of the battles (MM) OR training troops (PP) & also continuously use the IM to make room for the KPs u get in the tourney so u dont have to keep going back n forth between ur city n map
* KPs are very useful to upgrade ur AWs

So i guess it all depends on ur game style, how often u can collect ur goods n supplies, and how actively participating in tourneys ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
* Relics are very useful when u make spells! :p
Relics for your own boosted goods have no, zero, nadda, value in making spells, which is why I said my boosted tournaments have nothing of value but KPs
* Runes are very useful when u learn the benefits of all AWs (or most) and build them ;)
I have built 7 AWs (actually, built 8 and tore one down). For most of them I have 30 or more runes in waiting, even if I've leveled them past 5, and I can get more by putting KP into leveling my fellowship's AWs and actually get the ones I want. I can also get lots more runes in the 6 tournaments that are not my boosted goods. So thanks for the lesson, but as I said to start all this, there is not much point doing a lot in my boosted goods tournaments.
My problem is that with Marble/gems as two of my boosts, there is virtually no use for the relics since I hit max. Those tourneys are now strictly for the kp.