• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to know you...(Forum Game)

DeletedUser

Getting to know all about you :)

Let's play a game! I looked a bit and couldn't find this on the forums yet, but if it is somewhere, I apologize for the duplication.

The way this game works, is you just write an interesting or unique fact about yourself. Remember, let's keep this PG :)

I'll start.

I have a pretty bad phobia of the inside of orange peels. Something about the way they feel and smell freaks me out. I absolutely LOVE fresh oranges though. I just cannot stand to peel them myself. I've even tried sitting down with rubber gloves, an orange, a surgical mask, and a knife... still get all nervous and the anxiety rises as soon as I cut into it or expose the white pulpy inside. Even just talking about it brings tension to my shoulders.

DeletedUser1017

I have 7 siblings: We live in Alaska, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. We all love to play board games....Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride...as well as card games such as Canasta, Pinochle and Phase 10. We all play musical instruments...Harp, Piano, Violin, Flute, Trumpet and Guitar. I have 2 nieces and a nephew...they're all under 2 years old. :) But I am thousands of miles away so I sadly don't see them often.

I live in a remote village in Alaska that is only accessible by flight...no roads! My grocery shopping has suddenly become more planned and foresighted. I haven't had a fresh salad since the summer...<<sigh>>...but, moose is delicious.

DeletedUser594

Is bobbi your mom?..

I can be a bit messy (been nicknamed Tornado by 3 unrelated groups of friends)- But all the hangers in my closet and the t-shirts on them must face the same way or it makes me uncomfortable. In a pile- ok, on the hangar correctly -ok, on the hanger wrong No

(I know the math doesn't work but the set up was too good)

DeletedUser627

I have 7 siblings: We live in Alaska, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. We all love to play board games....Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride...as well as card games such as Canasta, Pinochle and Phase 10. We all play musical instruments...Harp, Piano, Violin, Flute, Trumpet and Guitar. I have 2 nieces and a nephew...they're all under 2 years old. :) But I am thousands of miles away so I sadly don't see them often.

I live in a remote village in Alaska that is only accessible by flight...no roads! My grocery shopping has suddenly become more planned and foresighted. I haven't had a fresh salad since the summer...<<sigh>>...but, moose is delicious.

I'm imagining your parents - perhaps lovers of Baroque music? We also love playing cards together - Canasta especially.

Is bobbi your mom?..

I can be a bit messy (been nicknamed Tornado by 3 unrelated groups of friends)- But all the hangers in my closet and the t-shirts on them must face the same way or it makes me uncomfortable. In a pile- ok, on the hangar correctly -ok, on the hanger wrong No

(I know the math doesn't work but the set up was too good)

hehehe. I don't tell my children about Elvenar - they'd join and soon surpass me.

DeletedUser68

I corrected now to know in the thread title.

I exist only in your imagination. Mary, Mary, quite contrary.
Virtual worlds allow us to be who we might have been.

mary1.jpg

Just as a general heads-up, do please take care to avoid running afoul of our Forum Rules. Everything's fine so far.
9. Real Life/Personal Information
Please do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home numbers. Note that this includes information related to you and to other users and also includes real-life pictures, school/college information etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Road Not Taken

Robert Frost, 1874 - 1963
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

DeletedUser

Rezagard - I ADORE that poem!

It is a classic, and speaks so deeply to many of us, myself included. I hope it sheds some light into my character to suit the theme here, dear lady? :)

Okay, I will add this...

As a baby, I started crawling earlier than most infants. And I crawled backwards. My mother teased me about it as I was growing up, saying I must have wanted to see where I had been, before I even got there. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

"Getting to know you, getting to know [not] all about you...."

DeletedUser627

well, wouldn't be so bad with the correct preposition. shame shame...any freudians here for comment?

DeletedUser

:O Now now.... I'm a psychology major... Mr. Freud is one interesting fellow >.<

DeletedUser61

• To Be is To Do - Aristotle
  • To Do is To Be - Sartre
  • Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

DeletedUser

I also have a pretty bad phobia (don't wanna talk about it). I had CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) for about two years, and it has helped a lot! Hope you can overcome it or at least lessen it. Good luck!

And random fact I have 4 cats and a dog! Wish I could have more, but my living space doesn't allow it.

DeletedUser1992

I've seen Alexisonfire 16 times and Deftones 6. Two of my of my favorite bands.

DeletedUser1992

I also have a pretty bad phobia (don't wanna talk about it). I had CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) for about two years, and it has helped a lot! Hope you can overcome it or at least lessen it. Good luck!

And random fact I have 4 cats and a dog! Wish I could have more, but my living space doesn't allow it.
Was it really expensive? I have a few fears I'd love to be rid of.

DeletedUser

Sometimes some irrelevant fragments of my dreams come true. It can be really annoying and it also freaks me out a bit.