• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to know you...(Forum Game)

DeletedUser1928

"An interesting or unique fact about yourself"
~I'm an introvert where i like to be around people and be part of a group but do not like being put in the spotlight eek! instant anxiety attack!!
~I have been a big fan of the LOTR movies ever since they came out. I have the collectors edition DVDs (that everyone wants to borrow and i say no cause they're my PRECIOUSSS!!) And this year as a birthday gift to me I actually bought the LOTR books. Still stuck on Two Towers halfway done. But amazed how close to the books the movies were made. I know some things in the books were left out due to the run time of the movies and budgets but overall impressed.
~When my kids and I watch the movies we quote it word for word, it can get annoying at times lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3291

Well my husband and I have 5 kids. One I gave birth to and 3 we took in when they were teenagers and 1 we adopted. I am 48 and I do not like moths. My husband will tell you I am afraid of them...

DeletedUser115

Is bobbi your mom?..

I can be a bit messy (been nicknamed Tornado by 3 unrelated groups of friends)- But all the hangers in my closet and the t-shirts on them must face the same way or it makes me uncomfortable. In a pile- ok, on the hangar correctly -ok, on the hanger wrong No

(I know the math doesn't work but the set up was too good)

Well...if it helps, I divide my closet by short and long sleeved shirts. Then I have a section that has dress shirts and then casual shirts. :X

DeletedUser3700

Getting to know all about you :)

Let's play a game! I looked a bit and couldn't find this on the forums yet, but if it is somewhere, I apologize for the duplication.

The way this game works, is you just write an interesting or unique fact about yourself. Remember, let's keep this PG :)

I'll start.

I have a pretty bad phobia of the inside of orange peels. Something about the way they feel and smell freaks me out. I absolutely LOVE fresh oranges though. I just cannot stand to peel them myself. I've even tried sitting down with rubber gloves, an orange, a surgical mask, and a knife... still get all nervous and the anxiety rises as soon as I cut into it or expose the white pulpy inside. Even just talking about it brings tension to my shoulders.

I feel your pain! I have this anxiety over clusters of holes. Trypophobia....its not really a fear for me so much as it is the anxiety, pretty sure it is an OCD thing.

DeletedUser8198

Insanity is genetic. You get it from your kids.
what if you don't have kids? I couldnt get pregnant, and i had a partial hystorectomy.

I'm the youngest of eight, the oldest is 62 and I'm 42, but my mom was my dads second wife. I also look younger than I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unique fact? I'm like a cockroach. So far in my life I've been shot, stabbed, beat, set on fire, crushed, drowned, hit by a car, in more than one car accident, electrocuted, and had an internal organ blow out and die inside me for three years before I noticed.
I'm not indestructible; just very, very hard to kill.

DeletedUser2388

Odd fact...
As a kid we'd stay at the Disneyland Hotel each year so we could ride the first monorail into the park and bypass the gate crowds. But when you are the only kids on the Matterhorn and it gets stuck at the very top as it's starting..

We had a technician help us walk along the tracks to a service elevator that went down into the control room and out an exit. As scary as it was exciting and they gave us free admission tickets.

DeletedUser8779

I have a couple of oddities. One is a morbid fear of heights; standing on a chair will make my pants wet. I'd heard that challenging a phobia will make it go away. Let me tell ya, immersion therapy is NOT all it's cracked up to be. I've built and maintained radio and microwave transmission towers, climbed mountains, rappelled from all sorts of stuff, including helicopters. There was a long period in my life where I was in construction and dangled from this, that and the other thing. I've been an instructor teaching folks to use all sorts of stuff that puts you waaaaay up in the air.
Long story short, I still get wet pants at chair height.

The other goofy thing is that I'm unable to remember names. My head's full of all sorts of esoteric facts and factoids that I can recall in an instant but none of those are names. I once had an opportunity to introduce the woman I'd been seeing and/or living with for 3 1/2 years to the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and drew a blank. That was a little interesting later on, after we got home. I married that woman, too. At the ceremony, during the "...do you take..." bit, I looked at her and she said, 'Yes, dumbass. That's my name." The priest was a bit taken aback. :oops:

DeletedUser9405

I have a stupid phobia, I do not like clothes that are wrinkled especially if they have just been in the dryer and are let to sit over night. My other half has a habit of doing that, so I need to rerun the dryer for the wrinkles to vanish!!!!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In the spring of 1972 before it became fashionable I free soloed a well know rock formation in a national park which was in the news lately because some other guy did the same thing.....sigh. Back then nobody took note of such things because people said it couldn't be done and you could count on one hand the guys willing to try. I've also soloed a class 4 (ice cold) canyon rapids in a boat of my own design/making (stupidly) without a life vest, ridden a bicycle at over 70mph and water skied at over 100mph (there's a club for this one). I'm too old and wise for such silliness now but it was sure fun then. Oh, and I also jumped a motorcycle over a 200ft deep ravine in Idaho. I, obviously, made it. LOL.

Finally, I once won an award for stretching the truth. Makes you think, doesn' t it?

AJ

DeletedUser3821

I grew up in a military family and we moved/relocated every year or two. I've never been to Europe (which is a sad thing for me) but we did get stationed to Midway Island before it became a wildlife sanctuary. I've also lived on Guam, twice. Once in 62 and again in 70 to 72. Oh, and the only thing I ever won in a raffle was a tarantula!