• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to know you...(Forum Game)

DeletedUser4998

I love white zinfandel wine in a box! Best ever when playing the game!

DeletedUser7919

I write. I live to write and write to live. I am able to live off the royalties of a few mainstream songs I wrote and co-wrote. I won't tell you which ones because they're all a tad embarassing. But the money is good. :)

DeletedUser5669

• To Be is To Do - Aristotle
  • To Do is To Be - Sartre
  • Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra
  • I think therefore I am - Descartes
  • I think not. >poof< - My best friend in high school.
I think she got it from elsewhere, but this made me think of that.

I grew up in a military family and we moved/relocated every year or two. I've never been to Europe (which is a sad thing for me) but we did get stationed to Midway Island before it became a wildlife sanctuary. I've also lived on Guam, twice. Once in 62 and again in 70 to 72. Oh, and the only thing I ever won in a raffle was a tarantula!

This kind of fried my brain. My dad was sent to Midway for six weeks twice in the early eighties (once over Christmas), but nobody actually lived there then except for the goony birds. So, Air Force or Navy?

I grew up in a military family, Air Force. I was born in Japan, and we came back to the States when I was two. Dad retired when I was sixteen; however, despite this, we only moved once -- and that was literally next door. We gave the landlord notice and had 30 days to move, and it took all 30 days because when you're just carrying things across two lawns and a driveway, there never seems to be any rush until around day 29. I was six or seven.

After coming into this country, I've never left it again -- but not by deliberate choice. I've made two plans for trips to Europe, but things have fallen through both times.

Final random fact: I write fan fiction for about 20 different fandoms. Not usually simultaneously.

DeletedUser3821

This kind of fried my brain. My dad was sent to Midway for six weeks twice in the early eighties (once over Christmas), but nobody actually lived there then except for the goony birds. So, Air Force or Navy?
Navy, and my dad retired when I was 15. We lived in upstate NY at the time, tiny town of Perry. I was 5 when we were stationed to Midway and remember the goony birds very well. We used to watch their awkward landings and laugh our butts off. Graceful, they aren't. That's also where I experienced fried sea turtle, which kind of nauseates me now because I adore the lovely creatures. Midway is home to many unique birds, including Fairy Terns. The tern chicks would sit on our cinder block fence/wall and let us feed them minnows until they were full. There were no automobiles on Midway due to it's size, and we rode bikes everywhere. It was wonderful. :)

DeletedUser5669

That does sound awesome. I always wanted to travel around and live in different places, but Dad's job was actually limited to very few bases. I was always glad that we never moved to Florida. My unreasoning fear is of spiders and other creepy crawlies. I never want to live anywhere where I can measure the bugs' sizes by the words 'as big as my hand'. LOL.

DeletedUser8847

I exist at the boards of the magic.
Everything is hazy around me,
Evenings trees are whispearing to me,
Days birds singing is like unchained melody
My name is my game.
Freia is always the same.
Either think that she is goddess or love and fertility.
Some believed so - long time ago
My name is carved to the stone
When Freia existed for worshipping of Northen men
Name has left meaning of magic
Many has this name within Scandinavia
I have lived through the hard times
I've grown alone 2 children,
Being granma before the age of 50 of two grand children.
I'm no granma that plays bingo or castanada nor anything like that.

So my realaty makes no sense - I exist only in the hearts of my nearest kin.
I have 100 reasons not to live, but I have only one life
I can't advice anyone about anything in life
It is hard to figure even how it exists
Wisdom of my kin is carved into the stone or piece of wood
But in runes that needs to study and understand
Who can turn upside down any Havamal?
Vikings have left them for future to learn
They are there if you're looking them
Remember that, what ever wisdom there stand
Is not so accurate than the Bible is
In the Book of Wisdom and other books too
Where it is said that you can be wise

frrrand.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11481

I have 7 siblings: We live in Alaska, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. We all love to play board games....Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride...as well as card games such as Canasta, Pinochle and Phase 10. We all play musical instruments...Harp, Piano, Violin, Flute, Trumpet and Guitar. I have 2 nieces and a nephew...they're all under 2 years old. :) But I am thousands of miles away so I sadly don't see them often.

I live in a remote village in Alaska that is only accessible by flight...no roads! My grocery shopping has suddenly become more planned and foresighted. I haven't had a fresh salad since the summer...<<sigh>>...but, moose is delicious.

DeletedUser11561

I have a severe lack of fear, in that I have only one thing I fear, and have been in many dangerous situations for fun, but people scare the hell out of me. As long as I am only around a few people, I am ok. But a lot, especially those I do not know, and it really effects me.

DeletedUser10859

That does sound awesome. I always wanted to travel around and live in different places, but Dad's job was actually limited to very few bases. I was always glad that we never moved to Florida. My unreasoning fear is of spiders and other creepy crawlies. I never want to live anywhere where I can measure the bugs' sizes by the words 'as big as my hand'. LOL.

My dad was military as well (Canadian Military) and like yours we only traveled to a few bases because of his specialization. I am deathly afraid of spiders and one of the locations they sent us was Bermuda.....an island with VERY large spiders! And they left us there with these abominations for two years! We also lived in the arctic which was very cold, but significantly fewer bugs and the ones that did survive were not as big as your hand at least! :)

DeletedUser5669

My dad was military as well (Canadian Military) and like yours we only traveled to a few bases because of his specialization. I am deathly afraid of spiders and one of the locations they sent us was Bermuda.....an island with VERY large spiders! And they left us there with these abominations for two years! We also lived in the arctic which was very cold, but significantly fewer bugs and the ones that did survive were not as big as your hand at least! :)

Spiders freak me out totally, and when there was a rumor that we were being transferred to Florida, I about panicked. I think my fear of bugs and spiders comes from my infancy and toddlerhood in Japan, where there were roaches in our house that were as big as a adult's hand.

DeletedUser10859

Ugh yes Bermuda had huge roaches as well, thankfully it was rare that they came inside. Ugh!