• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to second base?

ekarat

I came back to this game after a 1.5 year break and rejoined partway through the event. How did people get the second witch hut?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I came back to this game after a 1.5 year break and rejoined partway through the event. How did people get the second witch hut?

When evolving buildings were added, and their artifacts added to the grand prizes, once you collected enough artifacts to max the building, the next grand prize is a second base building.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
And they add the base into crafting menus so that folks who didn't place them right off can grab a newer version, hopefully a few chapters better.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I only skimmed most of this so I'm sure I'll be repeating others

I finished with a level 10 hut, plus one hat for my second hut.
Assuming I get two more hats from the FA I plan to put out my second hut at level 4.
I like the pop, culture, kp and orcs it gives
but i love my poison spitting toads and am glad to be getting more

what i would want to craft is more hats

Lelanya

The first pet event, (and the Mermaid event), had an exhausting round of potential quests, from a pool of possibles that required productions made in 'current or last chapter' level factories or workshops, with a horrible RNG setting that seemed to favour whatever we had just released. I think everyone dreaded toolboxes from current or last, it was ridiculous! We had to leave 4 current level workshops on toolboxes. Most cycles had research as a quest, so many of us went weeks sitting on needed research, only to get another quest for research as soon as we released the previous one.
The good news was, if a player had a lot of time boosters in inventory, or a couple of Library sets already placed, they did reasonably well. But it was also nearly impossible to finish a Library set during the event either, naturally. But the quests just continued in an endless cycle, so it was possible to gain further bases. I saw one city that had all 3 Phoenixes at level 10, and a second Fire Phoenix at level 6.
Some players have 3 Murmansk buildings as well. Talk about burnout!

Alistaire

The first pet event, (and the Mermaid event), had an exhausting round of potential quests, from a pool of possibles that required productions made in 'current or last chapter' level factories or workshops...

The "current or last chapter" wasn't in Mermaids; only in later events as a reaction to people going infinite in that event.

Lelanya

Ahh but yes I do remember now, the Mermaid one, I have a fellow with only one city, he had 3 Mermaids, 2 at level 10 and one at level 8.
The Bear event was the really crazy one with the terrible RNG and the current or previous level quests. And clearly the bears would be as necessary as the Phoenixes so who could afford to sit out the event?

ekarat

Ahh but yes I do remember now, the Mermaid one, I have a fellow with only one city, he had 3 Mermaids, 2 at level 10 and one at level 8.
The Bear event was the really crazy one with the terrible RNG and the current or previous level quests. And clearly the bears would be as necessary as the Phoenixes so who could afford to sit out the event?

I quit just before the mermaid and bear events, so I did indeed miss out on this. I don't have any bears either.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts Your figures are for a fully evolved Witch Hut. I think we all agree it is good at stage 10. My question was about a stage 3 one.
Sorry, just coming off eye surgery, so I'm catching up a bit.
Yeah, it's still good. Others have made valid points that frogs which aren;t level 3 may not be better or even equal to orc starts, but that's irrelevant because no one is suggesting to replace all of your OS with frogs.
There are absolutely some situations where even level 1 frogs are better, so producing some is good.
It's like The Endless Excavation discussion we were having earlier- There are some factors like PoP spells and "groceries" quests that make a workshop better than the wonder, but since you can't replace all 7 workshops with EEs those factors are diminished in importance.
For most players the extra pop and culture are okay, but not worth a lot. If you are in chapters below about 8 you may still be experiencing some pop problems, but you are usually at the point were you can solve them pretty easily. So it is, in my opinion, the orcs and frogs that really make the building worth something. But is it more than the Grounds of the Orc Strategist, square per square?
So if you think 1188 frogs and 1431 orcs are worth the same or more than 1116 orc stats, you will consider Soggy's statement about a lvl 1 Witch Hut to be true. If you, as I, think the value isn't quite there, you will disagree. In the end, my analysis says that Soggy is close to right but just a bit short for a level one Witch Hut. And at level 3 the 2nd Witch Hut is worth the space but below that it's a close call to a reasonably firm "not."
I don't think it's fair to dismiss pop at all.
Regardless of your chapter, you should at least find your highest pop/sq building and count the witch huts pop based on that.
Realistically I'd say it's fair to weigh it against your worst pop/sq building since you could actually replace it. That's a value of 3-4 squares, close to 20-25% being dismissed.

Dismissing the pop a hut gives you because you produce way too much pop using less efficient buildings is not the hut's fault.;)

Last edited:

Clusseau

It seems a majority of the discussion here offers evaluations that are very accurate-
(and)- mostly centered on "now". Things change folks! You change, your city changes, the game changes...

I was going to Lay out some examples here.. but.... they seem too long.
So, just saying... there are times/places where using even "Weak" Mortars will make a huge difference.
And, in chapters right before Frog Upgrade, they can be a Primary Unit- or especially useful in "terrain Restricted" situations.
Upgrading Your Toad can make a huge Difference...

After Final Frog Upgrade, FROGS will often be your primary unit- But still, sometimes include a Mortar, because it is stronger, and will "-attack bonus" on an enemy.. (and mortars are better vs archers).

Orc Strats are Simply KILLER, vs a single Archer... they have Downside in any other application; They walk out and take hits from all enemies, They Cant bomb enemy targets before they move... they are Expensive to build... (I'll rarely use more than 1-2 at a time, mostly when enemy has a1-2 archers, and at least one of them must die on first turn).

Strengths.. weaknesses... enemies.. tactics.. Things Evolve!!
Way-back, i upgraded BULWARK, just to Stockpile "useless" barbarians.
Now, getting around to getting them some bonus with Vic Springs....
And, I see a payoff coming... =Where i Can dip into Barbarian Inventory to save my "better" units...
Similar with Mortars... for a While, they bore a Heavy Load.. now, finding places where they save me some frogs/others...

I guess.. just saying,
Try to not just look at "Where you are"..... but also look at "where you are"..... ?