• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ghosting and booting little cities

• Thread starter Deleted User - 850238979
  • Start date

Deleted User - 850238979

I always thought that my reason for leaving this game would be rooted in something Inno did and in the past the single biggest reason I continued to play was because of all the wonderful people.

I don't know why things changed nor do I know when they changed but they have. The ghosting was more of an eyeroll, an annoyance that to me was a sign of bad manners but today I was booted from a high ranking fs on Ceravyn because the AM "made a mistake" by taking in a small city. I wasn't given any warning, hadn't done anything wrong and lost all my tourney progress. The message from the AM was to 'come back when I'm 100k' as though any player in their right mind would return to such an awful AM.

This has completely soured my experience and so I'm deleting my account.

Please think twice before treating people like they're disposable. Your actions here mean something. Happy thanksgiving.

quin629

Please don't let one bad AM ruin the entire game for you! I'm sure there are many FSs that will be more than happy to have you as a member - a true teammate. That one, well, karma will happen.

Wish I could take you in but we're full up. And we don't bounce people out.

Mighty Peach

Why delete your account though? I understand someone did a crappy thing. But don't delete your city over it.

I've seen it countless times over the years with many different games. People say they're quitting for good this time. And you know what, they almost always come back.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Geez Gordo have you read your horoscope for the month? Seems to me I recruited you on Win under similar conditions.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
That is horrible and I'm sorry to hear that happened! I'm in a high ranking fs that also takes in smaller cities. We have a range of all level players. What world are you on?

I always thought that my reason for leaving this game would be rooted in something Inno did and in the past the single biggest reason I continued to play was because of all the wonderful people.

I don't know why things changed nor do I know when they changed but they have. The ghosting was more of an eyeroll, an annoyance that to me was a sign of bad manners but today I was booted from a high ranking fs on Ceravyn because the AM "made a mistake" by taking in a small city. I wasn't given any warning, hadn't done anything wrong and lost all my tourney progress. The message from the AM was to 'come back when I'm 100k' as though any player in their right mind would return to such an awful AM.

This has completely soured my experience and so I'm deleting my account.

Please think twice before treating people like they're disposable. Your actions here mean something. Happy thanksgiving.
I'm shocked and appalled this happened to you! Please don't leave the game due to a horribly ill mannered AM. If you were on Elcysandier I would invite you to my FS.

quin629

Granted a city under Chapter 5 is more limited now with the new tech tree - can't do Spire, for instance. But surely that's on the AM or recruiting Mage to know before accepting a player. And if its a requirement for the FS, surely it's better to help the new player to move quickly through the research to where they can fully join in the activities, rather than just booting them & looking for someone else.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I offered you a spot in Our FS but never got a response from you.
I think he is gone. The post at top of the thread now says "deleted user." He does still show up on elvenstats. But if you search for him in any of the worlds where he once had a city, it says player not found. So I think the data on elvenstats is old.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Granted a city under Chapter 5 is more limited now with the new tech tree - can't do Spire, for instance. But surely that's on the AM or recruiting Mage to know before accepting a player. And if its a requirement for the FS, surely it's better to help the new player to move quickly through the research to where they can fully join in the activities, rather than just booting them & looking for someone else.
This. I know that some fellowships have always been willing to help new cities in their fellowship by accepting uneven trades. After all, a few thousand standard goods probably is meaningless to most end game cities. For me it would be a rounding error in how many goods I have. But for a brand new low chapter city, these extra goods can really jump start things. And under the new tech tree, I think this is even more important. If a fellowship is willing to take in a new city, that new city needs to get to ch 4 in order to do the tournament and ch 5 to do the spire. It is to the benefit of both the new city and the fellowship to do as much as possible to speed up this process.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think he is gone. The post at top of the thread now says "deleted user." He does still show up on elvenstats. But if you search for him in any of the worlds where he once had a city, it says player not found. So I think the data on elvenstats is old.
If he is gone, that is very sad. I hope they saw some of the comments first at least to know not everybody in Elvenar is like that AM.