• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Goddess of Wishes - Make the Rewards Scalable

StarLoad

After having the Goddess of Wishes for the last three weeks the rewards are shall we say, "below even the worst of expectations" Supplies of 9,900. T3 goods of 1,500 ish all of which for a city in ch 15 are dismal.

Make the reward values scale by chapter so that players that are above chapter 6 see a value to the Goddess.

Pros:
Better acceptance if done properly.
Provide a value commensurate with the level of the city

Cons:
Development time

Comments or thoughts are welcome
Please note, I am not asking for it to be removed as fixing the output is a better option

Iyapo1

Make the reward values scale by chapter so that players that are above chapter 6 see a value to the Goddess.
I am pretty sure that many rewards are already scaled by chapter. It is 4 squares. How many supplies or goods do you make in 4 squares? Not straight production from workshops or factories in four squares as they need culture and houses to work so those need to be added in to square foot requirements for production. So if you take a factories squares + required house squares+ required culture squares and then divide it by total daily production per square....how does the little 4 square goddess look then?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So if you take a factories squares + required house squares+ required culture squares and then divide it by total daily production per square....how does the little 4 square goddess look then?
Pretty horrible.
A workshop needs about 55 sq for pop+culture+itself+roads
With 4x3h + 1x9h collects from a workshop with a PoP and a modest PT you are getting 30K supplies per sq
Even low end with 2x 9h and no PoP it's 7K

Edit: also the goddess needs a road so it's 5 sq, not 4:(

Iyapo1

a modest PT
Why would anyone have a modest PT at level 30 that wonder is obscene! ;)

Right but it is already scaled to chapter. I do not get 9.9k supplies from mine. It is a stupid little 4 square that I plant for diamonds and diamonds alone. Everything else it gives is...well... not diamonds. But the other products are scaled by chapter.

@ed1960 are you wanting the diamonds scaled per chapter too? Or just the current offers scaled higher?

Last edited:

Iyapo1

I dont have one up at the moment. I generally put them out in batches between chapters and my cities are all in motion atm....i do not recall the pay out but it was not any where near 9.9k supplies. I would have noticed that...and danced!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is funny. A bunch of people were "insulted" to have this as a prize, after having been spoiled by months and months of too many wishing wells. And then the one event where they took this away, everyone cried about not getting any building at all as the final event bonus reward. So Inno puts it back in and all the complaining starts again.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have usually gotten a total of 70 diamonds out of the Goddess over the course of 30 days, in addition to ridiculously low amounts of other stuff. I don't know about you, but occupying 5 squares for a full 30 days is not really worth it for 70 diamonds, since I can easily make double the diamonds blindfolded in 5 days in the spire, and I don't have to waste any space for that, although I do admit, I spend goods. I just think 70 diamonds in 30 days (IF you get that ... I've heard people say they got only one hit of 35 diamonds) is pretty dismal, but I don't think I'm going to be too vocal about it. They may just give us a horribly ugly avatar that we'll never use again. Compared to that, I like the G of W.

Iyapo1

Did you just call me ugly! Really! Thank you! I jumped head first into 3 barrels of ale today...so I know I got the flower stench under control!

I am sorry, I loved the story in that event. Looking at the avatar still tickles me.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Did you just call me ugly! Really! Thank you! I jumped head first into 3 barrels of ale today...so I know I got the flower stench under control!

I am sorry, I loved the story in that event. Looking at the avatar still tickles me.
Hehe ... one man's trash is another man's treasure (or woman's). Who am I to say what's ugly? To each his or her own.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It is funny. A bunch of people were "insulted" to have this as a prize, after having been spoiled by months and months of too many wishing wells. And then the one event where they took this away, everyone cried about not getting any building at all as the final event bonus reward. So Inno puts it back in and all the complaining starts again.
Not the same people afaik.
it is already scaled to chapter.
Scaled? Yes.
Scaled well? No.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth is an expression we use.

It's a free building that can give free diamonds.
Is it great otherwise? no? does it have to be great otherwise? no!.

I am totally fine with the building as it is. it's conveniently small (2x2 so easy to place somewhere without being in the way, it lasts not to long so you can easily be removed after a short while.

And without the diamonds I would ignored it, but I would have done the same with wishing well, the KP there are nice, but all the other junk was also useless, yet we placed sometimes hundreds of them in our cities. why? free diamonds.

LutherTheHairy

After having the Goddess of Wishes for the last three weeks the rewards are shall we say, "below even the worst of expectations" Supplies of 9,900. T3 goods of 1,500 ish all of which for a city in ch 15 are dismal.

They are already scaled. My chapter 9 city received 2160 supplies. The supply production rate per tile (assuming supplies are won) is about 1/4 what a regular workshop does making bread. Presumably the other prizes are similarly miserable.

Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth is an expression we use.

It's a free building that can give free diamonds.

Is it worth using up 4 tiles for a month for 100 diamonds? (assume average 1.7 goddess collections per day) Not sure. I could put an excellent culture building there

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
They are already scaled. My chapter 9 city received 2160 supplies. The supply production rate per tile (assuming supplies are won) is about 1/4 what a regular workshop does making bread. Presumably the other prizes are similarly miserable.

Is it worth using up 4 tiles for a month for 100 diamonds? (assume average 1.7 goddess collections per day) Not sure. I could put an excellent culture building there
You're spoiled lol,

There was a time in this game that a grand prize of 100 diamonds drove thousands of players to the forums for a forumevent.

It's obvious that the current generation of diamonds make it such that some people can no longer appreciate a building that awards you with some diamonds.

LutherTheHairy

You're spoiled lol,

There was a time in this game that a grand prize of 100 diamonds drove thousands of players to the forums for a forumevent.

At this point I can get modest amounts of diamonds in Spire pretty regularly and out of every 200 vision vapor I have a 20(?)% chance of getting 500. It is a small building....anythign is nice I suppose.