• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Goldilocks Zone leeway?

Buttrflwr

Does anyone know how far past the "suggested" provinces we can be before we are past the GZ? I had to scout 5 extra provinces so now have 135 instead of 130 opening Fairies. How scr**ed am I? :oops::confused:
Thanks!
Buttr

DeletedUser2963

Not screwed, at all, The GZ is a ring count not a province number count. So if you look at what ring you would be in with 130 provinces....You are good to clear that whole ring without any major negative impact :). If you go out one more ring you will still be at the outer edge of the gz the fights are harder and prices jump quite a bit but its still do-able. The next ring after that is where you will get robbed and beaten.

For dwarves you start in ring 7 and finish in ring 8. You can clear all of ring 8, which gives you a province count of 144 with little impact.Ring 9 is the outer edge of the gz for dwarves, so 180 provinces.
Ring7=too soft, Ring8=just right, ring9= too hard, Ring 10= beaten and robbed :)

So starting fairies based on the number on the chest- you start in ring 8 and finish in ring 9.
You can push into and clear ring 10 without too many problems fights are harder troop losses greater but you can still win...so outer edge of the gz for fairies is 222 provinces. ring8=too soft,
Ring9=just right, Ring10=too hard for most, ring11=orc wall.

Hope that helps

Edit: There is a very noticeable jump in difficulty and cost between rings. Even if your province count is 135 its very possible to have provinces open that are outside the gz, it is the ring they are in that matters. So if you stretch to reach a neighbor you could have provinces far outside the gz even if your province count is below what you need to exit a chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Marindor had mentioned the expected zone is 10-20 (he used 30 once) provinces beyond the chest. The chest is a minimum not a maximum. The challenge is there really is no set rules on this. I have heard of a town 100 provinces ahead of minimum winning fights (end game town) and yet an era 1 town shouldn't go past the minimum. There is a table in my guide based on Marindor's statement to provide some idea of progresses but it is only an idea.

Even if you accidentally tripped a province or 2 too far you would catch up tech wise very fast especially if that extra province was in the same ring. The leap in difficulty between rings is significant.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I would add that the higher the chapter you are in, the more provinces you can go past the chest, at least that's what I found, in earlier chapers 4 or 5, in middle chapters 8 or 10, in later chapters 10 or 15 maybe more. This also depends on whether you are going into the next ring as it always gets harder there, as Mykan said.

Buttrflwr

Thx ya'll. I have "stretched" a couple of times to reach a trade neighbor, and ran into the "Orc Block". :p :D I just don't want to get too far ahead of myself again even though I don't really fight much anymore. Thanks again.

Cheers!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thx ya'll. I have "stretched" a couple of times to reach a trade neighbor, and ran into the "Orc Block". :p :D I just don't want to get too far ahead of myself again even though I don't really fight much anymore. Thanks again.

Whether or not you fight there are reasons to stay in the expected zone.