• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

--- Gone Forever Means Gone Forever ---

Gath Of Baal

"Father Tree" "Gone forever in 23:59 hours" This is what the prize stated during the summer event.. "Gone Forever" to me means that it was a one time thing rewarded to those who worked to gain it during that set amount of time.
"But you still have to work for it now" you say? No not really, This event has a lot more chances to get the items needed to open boxes, then the summer event did.. With the random spawns of snowflakes in towns and the huge amounts of snowflakes as prizes from the quest line, it is a lot easier then that of the summer event to get anything..
"Well people who did not get it the first time or those who just started the game should have a chance to get it also" you say? No they should not, for the simple reasons it was advertised as "gone forever" and the people who did get it during the summer event had to spend a lot more $$, gems or time trying to get it, since it was advertised as a one time prize as with the rest of the summer prizes.
With the start of the events there became a way to distinguish your tows from others by starting to individualize them by having a chance to add things that others did not get, have or where not around to get

them... If you keep recycling things over and over again, every ones towns will start to look identical once again...
Please leave the event items a one time thing... They are a way of showing the progress of time spent in the game "Wow this person has been playing the game forever, They have a ________ in there town from way back" ...
Or better yet change the name of it to the "Winter Father Tree" or " Father Tree Replica" or something to show it was not the original from the summer event

DeletedUser3686

Could mean "gone forever" in the sense that it is "gone forever" for the duration of the Summer Event.

DeletedUser1996

If you keep recycling things over and over again, every ones towns will start to look identical once again
I really do agree with this -nothing more i can say.Why repeat it "Gone forever should Be Gone Forever !!"

DeletedUser5251

That's exactly what I thought, Russio. I love my father tree from the solstice event. It is beautiful. Unfortunately, 500 culture isn't really worth the space anymore. I was bummed about the idea of eventually having to sell it. But now, I can replace it with one just as beautiful for 3 times the culture! I'm so excited. I get to keep my beautiful tree without it becoming a drain on my progress.

DeletedUser3696

A little name change and a slight change to the colour scheme or graphics and you have a brand new item - I can't imagine it would be that hard?

DeletedUser3640

I was kinda surprised to see Father Tree again as well. "Gone forever" shouldn't have many interpretations....

Gath Of Baal

Yes but now you are probably in a higher chapter and can now replace the one you got in the summer event, just another way to look at it.

Yes, but now someone who put forth no effort or a new player who started 2 months ago or someone who just didn't want to do the summer event because they thought it was stupid, gets to get the Father Tree a lot easier then you did and probably a better version of the one you worked so hard for...
Feels like a slap in the face or a kick to the groin to those who actually put forth the effort during the summer event

DeletedUser3805

Yes, but now someone who put forth no effort or a new player who started 2 months ago or someone who just didn't want to do the summer event because they thought it was stupid, gets to get the Father Tree a lot easier then you did and probably a better version of the one you worked so hard for...
Feels like a slap in the face or a kick to the groin to those who actually put forth the effort during the summer event

How are they having an easier time getting the Father Tree? They still have to collect or buy snowflakes and hope for the best in the gift box lottery, just like we had to do for the moon shards, or whatever they were, during the Summer Solstice event. Just like in that event, hitting the 140 box is still the best chance to getting the daily prize, and your chances at winning are the same each time. No one has any better chance at winning the daily prize than anyone else. Snowflake collecting isn't easy. Those random snow crystals popping up around the city don't add up to much in the grand scheme of snowflake collection. The real work is still in the on-going quests and the daily quests. And while those daily quests may be fairly easy, you only get 35 snowflakes out of them. Even for more advanced players, the on-going quests that give better prizes aren't exactly a cake-walk, especially those stupid relic quests. No, anyone who wins the Father Tree during this event is putting forward as much effort as anyone who won it during the Summer Solstice.

Sure, there are several different versions of the Father Tree this time around, and it's likely that most players are going to end up with at least one version, but you seem to be only upset over the original Father Tree that was available during the Summer Solstice. I could understand if you would be upset if those who were just starting out were getting the same cultural value out of it as players who are in higher chapters, but they're not.

Gath Of Baal

How are they having an easier time getting the Father Tree? They still have to collect or buy snowflakes and hope for the best in the gift box lottery, just like we had to do for the moon shards, or whatever they were, during the Summer Solstice event. Just like in that event, hitting the 140 box is still the best chance to getting the daily prize, and your chances at winning are the same each time. No one has any better chance at winning the daily prize than anyone else. Snowflake collecting isn't easy. Those random snow crystals popping up around the city don't add up to much in the grand scheme of snowflake collection. The real work is still in the on-going quests and the daily quests. And while those daily quests may be fairly easy, you only get 35 snowflakes out of them. Even for more advanced players, the on-going quests that give better prizes aren't exactly a cake-walk, especially those stupid relic quests. No, anyone who wins the Father Tree during this event is putting forward as much effort as anyone who won it during the Summer Solstice.

Sure, there are several different versions of the Father Tree this time around, and it's likely that most players are going to end up with at least one version, but you seem to be only upset over the original Father Tree that was available during the Summer Solstice. I could understand if you would be upset if those who were just starting out were getting the same cultural value out of it as players who are in higher chapters, but they're not.

It is easier to get the snowflakes this event then it was to get the moon shards for the summer event... With the random spawn of snowflakes in cities, if you log on a few times a day and search your city you can easily find 12-24+ free snowflakes that you had to do nothing at all to get other then log in point and click them.. 12-24 x the 30 days of the event = 360-720 extra snowflakes which is chances to open boxes for no work involved... Also the summer event was half the time of this one which means less time to save up plus the quest line reward snowflakes is a lot higher since there is way more quests to do.. This all equals a lot more chances to open boxes to gain what items you want... how is this not easier?

The original "Father Tree" and the rest of the prizes of the summer solstice where "gone forever" after the time expired.. Since there were less moon shards around to get them, If you opened a box and did not get them, people had to actually spend money or diamonds to be able to get the prizes that where labeled "gone forever" if they wanted them, since they thought that was there only chance to ever own them... If the summer event prizes had been labeled "gone till the next event" I'm pretty sure inno would have made a lot less money off of people...

I do not care if a new player, unlucky player or just a player who did not want to do the summer event gets a "Father Tree" with a higher culture value then the one I got in the summer.... What I DO care about, is that they even get the 2nd chance to get the "gone forever" items..

Most other games have a way of showing the passage of time or age of an account by them having items that were only available for a short time thru a contest or events in game... You could look at some ones city, base, compound, gear, weapons, mount or whatever the case may be and see how long they have been around by certain things they might have won, collected, purchased thru years of faithful game play... I had thought with the "gone Forever" that this was going to start in this game with every event prize never to be used again...... Yes you can look at some ones city in this game and see what chapter they are on, but this can be misleading since you can quickly diamond your way thru each chapter...

The events are a perfect way for people to start to really individualize their cities.. By recycling items each event it not only devalues that item but also starts the trend back to everyone cities looking the exact same again... How boring

DeletedUser2963

Most other games have a way of showing the passage of time or age of an account by them having items that were only available for a short time thru a contest or events in game... You could look at some ones city, base, compound, gear, weapons, mount or whatever the case may be and see how long they have been around by certain things they might have won, collected, purchased thru years of faithful game play....
This is true, and I agree it is a wonderful feature. In this game, however, it is not practical at this time for most players. Event items will only remain in a city for a couple of chapters, at most, and then they will be sold off to free up space, as there is no way to store or upgrade them....I am really glad that it wont be gone forever!
I will admit I was very surprised to see them repeating items, I think that the "gone forever" would get people to open a wallet and buy expansions just so they don't have to sell a favorite event item.

DeletedUser2396

I would like to buy an Expansion i would even open up my wallet to do so at the old expansion prices, i could use some more space in my other World city but i will keep the Wallet locked away and closed because i will not purchase diamonds to buy expansions that have been increased in cost by 450 percent markup - there is a word for this it is called "Extortion" this company doesn't care about it's customers - these events should be fun but as somone said after a chapter or two the prize becomes a problem and has to be destroyed that kinda takes the fun out of it - also the pop/culture is locked by the chapter your in the time you get it - i think when you chapter up the building should increase in pop/culture per chapter so the item doesn't have to be destroyed - oh well it is like candy it doesn't last "Forever"

DeletedUser5251

Most other games have a way of showing the passage of time or age of an account
What we need is a sign. Like the ones you see when you're entering a real city.

Now entering _Name of your City_
Established _Date you started the city_
Population _Your total population_

It would be visible to you and anyone who entered your city.

Or they could just have a second line under the name of your city as it is now, that says Established _Date you started the city_