• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Good Luck 'muricans =)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't want to start a debate or anything, just wanted you to know you have my sympathy.

It might be a lot closer of a vote than you think, even if you aren't in a swing state I hope you get out and vote.
Unless, of course, you would vote for the candidate that I don't want you to vote for, in that case please stay home =)

DeletedUser4417

Yep. This is going to be one of 'THOSE' elections. No candidate is good.. find myself really wishing there was a close 3rd choice that I could vote for.

SoggyShorts

Wow, Florida with 60% of the votes done is within 3,000 votes. I really hope the 160,000 people that voted for a 3rd party really didn't have a preference because they could have decided.

DeletedUser3468

It's sad that it takes having candidates that are both not truly fit for the presidency to get people out to vote. This election will probably have the largest voter turn out in ages. As for those who chose a 3rd party... when both choices are repugnant to a person, how else do you show that you feel that both the major parties have failed the people? I am truly sick of voting for the "lesser of evils". This year there are so many things wrong with both major party's candidates that it's nearly impossible to choose who is the lesser evil! I'm just hoping for people to stay sane after the votes are in.

SoggyShorts

As for those who chose a 3rd party... when both choices are repugnant to a person, how else do you show that you feel that both the major parties have failed the people?
You can protest, you can use social media, you can write to your party, there are a lot of things you can do outside of the voting booth.
If however, you feel that one candidate will be even just a little better than the other as POTUS, you should use your vote for maximum effectiveness.
The whole world knows that the American people are unhappy with the 2 main choices, so voting 3rd party as a protest vote isn't necessary.

Disclaimer:I'm a canuck, and as such really have no direct impact on this, so these are just my opinions--hope no one is offended =) And regardless of the outcome, you're welcome to come up here!

DeletedUser51

Please be very careful on this thread... politics has no place in the Land of Elves ;)

DeletedUser3468

Thanks Soggy! I'm certainly not offended! And I'd love to make another trip up to Canada sometime! :D

SoggyShorts

Please be very careful on this thread... politics has no place in the Land of Elves ;)
I'll be honest, I've re-written each post 3-4 times before hitting submit. It's not easy talking politics without actuallysaying what I feel.... I guess that's why I'm not a politician. Ha!

DeletedUser2963

Wow, Florida with 60% of the votes done is within 3,000 votes. I really hope the 160,000 people that voted for a 3rd party really didn't have a preference because they could have decided.

We have to ignore florida....they are going to change their count 2 times over the next three weeks, 3 times if they have the electorate count to decide the race.

mmmmm...Canada sounds good.

You know its bad when a murican would prefer a queen!!!!!

DeletedUser3880

As always there are a % of people who will cry "the sky is falling"...
One of the few nice things about being old is that you get to know that this cycle has been seen before. When they elected JFK the "sky was falling" because he was Catholic. Reagan was a "B movie actor who will ruin the country quickly" and on and on for both parties at various times.

Stay the course. Try to be involved, educated, informed and opinionated and give actual feedback to your elected representatives. No, it doesn't always work. Life is too complicated and there are often multiple sides to issues.

But if you didn't vote....you can't complain. That's my daddy's rules and I stick by them. My daughter will be voting in the next election and this one was certainly quite a teaching opportunity.

Q

DeletedUser61

LBJ was a political animal all the way to the bone. But he had SO many skeletons, on everybody, that he had TOO much power.

Trump is going to find out that being a figurehead isn't as important as he hopes it will be. The gears of government will still grind exceedingly thin.

Bounce.jpg