• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Graduated Payouts

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I started playing when the Halloween Event was on.
Since then I have seen the Winter Quest and the VD Event.
Not sure what people thought of Halloween. I wasn't on the forum then and probably wouldn't have understood much if I was.
Winter Quest was grueling, had some good prizes, but there was a lot of complaining that it was impossible to get the final prize unless you wanted to buy a **** load of diamonds.
Then we had the VD event and a lot of people whined that the prizes were too small. (Personally I thought the prizes fit the effort but don't tell the Devs I said so)

I think future Quests/Events should have stages to them, with a prize building at the end of each stage.
Stage One would be suited to newer players but would just be a warm up for more experienced players. It would have a prize suitable to someone who has completed the first two tiers of research.
Stage two would be a bit tougher and would have a better prize.
I think you get the idea.

The thing is, one event would be suitable for players of all levels.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The thing is, the past events have been possible to complete(especially with a decent FS and spoilers) for any player who's been around for a couple weeks. I can't recall exactly how long it takes to get to chapter 3, but I don't think it's very long. The prizes already scale with chapter, and while I agree that they could split the 2 prizes in mini events (like halloween&valentines) I think that players who only reached 1/2 would still feel cheated.

I started my Beta account the day that Wonky started, and was pretty sure that I couldn't finish it, but didn't really mind since I didn't expect to be able to complete something so soon...but perhaps other new players feel differently.

If players in different chapters had different quests(somehow impossible according to INNO) then players at all levels could complete with reasonable effort. As is, the only way inno has used to balance the difficulty is with "scout a province" and "collect XXXX goods/supplies". The more "fair" quests like "produce a spell" are impossible for brand new players, and the "make beverages xx times" are complained about by players every time.

The implementation of the GZ has severely limited the types of quests that can be used that are fair for players of all levels, but maybe we can help the devs come up with some.

As for players complaining that the final prize in the winter event was virtually impossible, I found it hard to complain after effectively getting 15+ premium buildings for free. (to be clear, I did complain, it just wasn't easy):D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I liked the dual-payout nature of the Flurry event, with the snowflakes offering something for those that couldn't get to the rest of the quests easily because of space-crunch.

I think if there'd been a (very low) chance of finding some diamonds in the chests, they'd have had even greater uptake.

They also need to do a better job of communicating the nature of the quests. There were a lot of really irritated people who just didn't understand what was going on.

Access to an event log on a separate screen would be a real boon. i.e.:
Day 11 located flakes: 14 Flakes, quest 14: 30 flakes, quest 15: 35 flakes, small chest: 50 flakes, large Chest: 5 Runes, small chest: Tree of Candy Canes
Day 12 located flakes: 121 Flakes, quest 16: 40 flakes, quest 17: 45 flakes, large chest: Rainbow Unicorn, large Chest: 150 Flakes
etc.

Frankly, access to a basic log, even when there isn't an event happening, would probably save a lot of tickets that start with "I did [thing] and didn't get my [doohickey]

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The thing is, the past events have been possible to complete(especially with a decent FS and spoilers) for any player who's been around for a couple weeks. I can't recall exactly how long it takes to get to chapter 3, but I don't think it's very long.

True
The last city I started I know I got to 3 within a week, maybe 3 or 4 days?

DeletedUser6335

I guess it would depend on the player and the time they have to put in as to how long it would take to get there. I know I had just started the game on 3 worlds about 2 weeks before the Valentine's Event (the other 2 I started due to the Event :p); I managed to get it done on all of them..but it took quite an effort and a good deal of time to do so.