• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Granite and Copper Production

• Thread starter DeletedUser5020
  • Start date

DeletedUser5020

I just want to register a general gripe. I've been stuck for about two weeks in Dwarves Granite and Copper area. As soon as you start making granite you immediately need tons on research to move forward and you can't advance your granite factories without using all your granite and copper. I now have 4 granite mines at the highest level it will let me, and you're telling me I need 19,000 and 25,000 respectively for the very next researches? Come on!!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How many of each have you built?
I went with 6 copper, and 14 granite, and haven't had an issue
EDIT: I built all
Granite Level 1 and level 2
Portal L1-L2
Unlocked copper
Copper L1-L2
Granite L2-L3
Portal L2-L3-L4
Granite L3-L4
Copper L2-L3

Last edited:

DeletedUser5020

Unlocked copper
Copper L1-L2
Portal L1-L2
Granite L2-L3
Portal L2-L3-L4
Granite L3-L4
Copper L2-L3

Wow that seems like a lot to have to build! That brings up the ever-challenging space issue.

DeletedUser5020

Wow that seems like a lot to have to build! That brings up the ever-challenging space issue.
I have 4 granites at level 4. Now if I don't touch ANY of the Granite for anything else for 4 DAYS I can finally do my next research. Seems a bit much to me.

DeletedUser3312

I have 20 granite mines and 6 copper foundries. they upped the quantities in the tech tree for stuff so you have to have a ton more now. I am at level 3 on my mines and foundries and you must do level 4 on the portal to be able to store enough. once you get stuff going good, it goes pretty fast. However, I'm jumping tons of kp into my AW's and that is helping there as well. Visiting races are all going to take enormous amounts of stuff. at the first couple of weeks or so you will seem to be spinning your wheels. then all of a sudden you begin making what you need and moving along. It was recommended to me by my FS to get the 20 and 6 number to make it easy to get through dwarves. So far I have not had a problem at all. and actually I am enjoying it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    650.1 KB · Views: 322

DeletedUser5020

I have 20 granite mines and 6 copper foundries. they upped the quantities in the tech tree for stuff so you have to have a ton more now. I am at level 3 on my mines and foundries and you must do level 4 on the portal to be able to store enough. once you get stuff going good, it goes pretty fast. However, I'm jumping tons of kp into my AW's and that is helping there as well. Visiting races are all going to take enormous amounts of stuff. at the first couple of weeks or so you will seem to be spinning your wheels. then all of a sudden you begin making what you need and moving along. It was recommended to me by my FS to get the 20 and 6 number to make it easy to get through dwarves. So far I have not had a problem at all. and actually I am enjoying it.

20 Granite mines??? Holy Moly!! I guess I'd better find something else I can sell to make more room. Still spinning my wheels.

DeletedUser3312

smiles. the hard part for me was those dang tracks! smiles. but then I moved things around and had too many tracks. lol you can see my layout in the picture. It is the most efficient I have found yet.

DeletedUser5020

Oh yeah - I forgot - to upgrade the portal you have to use a buttload (all) of your granite, and also to upgrade your granite mines and then start all over again with saving for the researches. It's taking FOREVER!

DeletedUser2191

I'm using 8 granite at level 4, 4 copper at level 4, dwarf portal is level 4. Am I ahead on production, yes and no. While I wait for what I need, I play KP roulette, donating heavier to my lone AW I have and to FS members, and instead of focusing on 1 tech soley, dump KP into multiple techs.

Chapter 6 is also a good time to heavily stock up on goods while you wait for production of granite and copper.

Aside from the research and upgrade requirements, you should base how many buildings you need on the frequency that you are able to play. Granite mines run 24/ 7 unless they are completely filled. Copper mines have same production run times as goods do.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If leveling copper mines the ratio is typically 2 granite : 1 copper. 10/5 and 12/6 work quite well. If you have the space 10-12 granite level 4 and 10-12 copper level 1 (some level 2) is also an option.

While I don't know where the tipping point is I do believe you can overbuild the factories (not counting level 1 factories). I know of people who have built a large amount of granite and copper to level 4 and taken longer to get through dwarves because they were diverting resources to upgrading rather then techs.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For me at one point I calculated that upgrading my copper from 3 to 4 would take about 10 days to recover the copper spent, but if I didn't upgrade I'd get the copper I needed to complete the tree in 11 days....

The tipping points was in reference to overbuilding like 20 copper mines at level 4 and other large numbers I have heard/seen. :)

I have heard that about copper "upgrade v not upgrade" but from a practical point noticed little difference, granted I wasn't counting the days. Anecdotally I felt I got locked for longer by upgrading copper mines then when I did not. Granted 10-12 copper mines is a lot of extra space and if you don't have it 5/6 level 4 will do the job nicely..

Thistleknot

The Dwarves are a slow race to get through. I cannot imagine racing through it unless you just happen to have a lot of open space that you can devote to granite and copper mines. For me, I ended up with around 12 granite mines and 5 copper mines. If you have two rows of 4 expansions on top of each other, you can get a portal, 16 granite, and 6 copper. If you build everything up to its maximum level, you end up with a slow start the gradually picks up speed and ends up with a fairly quick finish.

DeletedUser3312

My mines and foundries are level 3. I did not see the benefit to upgrading them to level 4. However, my portal is at level 4. you do have to do that as you need the ability to store enough granite and copper for the dwarf AW activation. But I am not in any way speeding through. Good grief no. I have upgraded my AW twice now. Inno recently increased the granite and copper amounts in each of the tech items to slow people down. And now I was just sent back to chapter 4 to do stuff on tech tree and then will go to 5 and do more stuff they added to the tech tree there. smiles. so for now, I will need all the kp I can get for the tech tree to complete research for battle stuff i will never use smiles. I'm doing the tech tree hokey pokey it seems.......

DeletedUser3602

Unlocked copper
Copper L1-L2
Portal L1-L2
Granite L2-L3
Portal L2-L3-L4
Granite L3-L4
Copper L2-L3

You can´t unlock Copper before upgrading the Portal to level 2 (anymore?). A level 1 Portal can store a maximum of 11,100 granite and to get to the Copper research box you have to unlock the Dwarven Steel Manufactory research which requires 12,000 granite. So it should be: build all the granite mines you can (at least 10 I think) and level them to level 2. Then wait till you have 8,100 granite and level up your Portal. Then use your granite to unlock the 3 Manufactory researches and thén to unlock Copper.

DeletedUser3312

I am about 3/4 was through dwarves and have really enjoyed the challenge. smiles. I think I will enjoy the other visiting races as well. The challenge on laying out the city to best use each tiny grid and produce as much as possible is what the game is all about for me. smile. a pox on battles lol. I was just moved back to chapter 4 and than have to finish more things in level 5 that are now mandatory and got moved there with the battle reconfiguration and so my dwarves are left to their own devices for a bit. grins. those needy little buggars need a firm hand on them at all times, so I have to get those battle techs done quickly. no more kp to my AW's for a while smiles.