• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Granite and Copper Production

• Thread starter DeletedUser5020
  • Start date

DeletedUser23933

I just want to register a general gripe. I've been stuck for about two weeks in Dwarves Granite and Copper area. As soon as you start making granite you immediately need tons on research to move forward and you can't advance your granite factories without using all your granite and copper. I now have 4 granite mines at the highest level it will let me, and you're telling me I need 19,000 and 25,000 respectively for the very next researches? Come on!!!
I so agree.... I've been stuck for so long and even the "boosters" don't show up enough for me to create to boost those goods. There's no way I can make enough of these to move on. It's ridiculous...no trading, no way to upgrade further, no room to add more mines beyond the 4 I have at max upgrade.

DeletedUser23933

I have 20 granite mines and 6 copper foundries. they upped the quantities in the tech tree for stuff so you have to have a ton more now. I am at level 3 on my mines and foundries and you must do level 4 on the portal to be able to store enough. once you get stuff going good, it goes pretty fast. However, I'm jumping tons of kp into my AW's and that is helping there as well. Visiting races are all going to take enormous amounts of stuff. at the first couple of weeks or so you will seem to be spinning your wheels. then all of a sudden you begin making what you need and moving along. It was recommended to me by my FS to get the 20 and 6 number to make it easy to get through dwarves. So far I have not had a problem at all. and actually I am enjoying it.
So what do you sacrifice to get the space needed to build that many granite mines. Houses? Workshops? Culture? I'm at a loss... there's too much need for other goods.... I notice that after Dwarves cities really change and "slim down" on what they have. What am I missing?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Airwan
Those posts you quoted are over 3 years old. Those were before Portal Profits, Time Boosters, and a bunch of other stuff (including me, lol) that have come along since then. That said, Dwarves is slow and the first of the guest races. Each one that comes after Dwarves will have a new guest race, new portal, new production bldgs (but you get to sell off the Dwarves stuff at the end and some quests for doing so even give you diamonds!) Elvenar Gems of Knowledge website (a player maintained site) has a good section on all the guest races with tips to speed each of them up. You can get to the Dwarves section here:
GOK: Dwarves

Jiali

Hi everyone!
@Airwan , As I increase my dwarven goods buildings, I am selling my older culture buildings. I've used the events to accumulate buildings with culture and population such as the phoenix excursion. So far, it looks like I'll have no need to sell any other buildings. Right now, my culture is at 150% and pop. at around 1000.

With 15 granite mines and 10 copper foundries, I think I should be in pretty good shape to avoid getting tech blocked for too long (fingers crossed)!

I've done a little math and I think if I keep the granite to copper ratio at around 40:1 (currently 28:1 with 17,000 granite collected daily : 610 copper) I should be ok. I'm about halfway through the tech right now.

If you want to have a look at what I've got at this moment, check out the city planner https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/964c3808edba4a848aae1a9faea9093f/

I'll try to remember to post back as I get closer to completion.

Good luck everyone!

So what do you sacrifice to get the space needed to build that many granite mines. Houses? Workshops? Culture? I'm at a loss... there's too much need for other goods.... I notice that after Dwarves cities really change and "slim down" on what they have. What am I missing?

I was advised to hold onto the expansions of chapter 5 to make sure there was enough room for the Dwarves. I just started and so far I only have 10 granite and 3 copper. Slow chapter but getting there.

Jiali

Yes, but if you use the space created by selling those old dwarven buildings wisely...

My recap on Dwarves: No major hangups with 15 granite and 10 copper. I upgraded almost all granite to 4 and about half copper to 2 with the portal upgraded to 4 ASAP. Had plenty of time/resources until I got to the last tech. I think I used too many KP's from the tourney on research. This caused me to be way ahead of the normal hourly KP awards. If I had used those KP's for AW upgrades, I probably would have been even with the clock.

I am currently about 4 days into fairies.
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e903bde6855348838fc9909aeb5afcb3/

NightshadeCS

What happens to the granite and copper when changing to ch 7?

It is actually still there, but there is no way to see how much you have except by hovering over the build menu or research menu on something that requires those goods. Roads are a perfect example.

DeletedUser2959

A good while back I went though all the old roads from prior guest races and built as many as I could of each. It was kinda cool looking.