• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Granite Purchase?

DeletedUser23892

I've gotten about halfway through Chapter VI of the research tab, and have built my granite mine and dwarf portal. The granite buildup is sllloooowww, though, and to complete anything on the research tab, I need thousands (12k for one, 6k for another, 20k for another, etc). I've been storing granite for quite a while, and I only have 5k, but my capacity tab is over halfway full, and I don't think I'll have room for the amount of granite I'll need for research.

Can I a.) purchase granite somewhere else besides the mine for faster accumulation? And b.) is there a way of increasing granite storage (besides upgrading, because I need copper for that, and I haven't yet gotten to copper on the research menu)?

Thanks in advance!

NightshadeCS

You need to upgrade your Portal, and that will increase the holding capacity. The only way to get granite and copper besides producing it is by using Portal Profits, an instant that you may or may not have.

EDIT: Sorry, replied too quickly and didn't even read the last sentence of your post! I also took a look at your city on Arendyll. Not sure if that is the one you are talking about, but if it is, I have several suggestions:
1. Build more granite mines. Having 10-15 is not unusual for most players.
2. Consolidate your city a bit by making sure that you have roads on only one side of a building. You have quite a bit of space with roads running between every building, and roads just take up space that you can use for more useful buildings.
3. Be prepared for the game to slow down. Guest races take time and patience, and it will be like this from now on. In fact, most chapters take longer and longer to get through, and upgrades take longer and longer to complete. This game is a marathon, not a sprint. :)
4. Concentrate on the researches that will get you to the Copper Foundry, so you can get that portal upgraded. And try to upgrade the portal all the way (to level 4) before you upgrade granite and copper foundries. At least as much as you can.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23892

You need to upgrade your Portal, and that will increase the holding capacity.
You need to upgrade your Portal, and that will increase the holding capacity.

EDIT: Sorry, replied too quickly and didn't even read the last sentence of your post! I also took a look at your city on Arendyll. Not sure if that is the one you are talking about, but if it is, I have several suggestions:
1. Build more granite mines. Having 10-15 is not unusual for most players.
2. Consolidate your city a bit by making sure that you have roads on only one side of a building. You have quite a bit of space with roads running between every building, and roads just take up space that you can use for more useful buildings.
3. Be prepared for the game to slow down. Guest races take time and patience, and it will be like this from now on. In fact, most chapters take longer and longer to get through, and upgrades take longer and longer to complete. This game is a marathon, not a sprint. :)

DeletedUser23892

Thanks, Nightshade, that's helpful! Yes, Arendyll was the city, and these are excellent suggestions. I didn't know I could build more than one granite mine. I'll make more room and get that started right away. :) Thanks!

You need to upgrade your Portal, and that will increase the holding capacity. The only way to get granite and copper besides producing it is by using Portal Profits, an instant that you may or may not have.

/QUOTE]

This game is just a game. It's supposed to be a temporary distraction from the real world. We all have jobs, family, school, responsibilities, etc.
I started playing Elvenar because I saw the commercials on television and it looked fun. And it started out fun, like my other online games.
But Elvenar turned into a lifetime commitment, a full-time job, not to mention it eats up too much storage and I've had to keep moving it from one device to another.
I don't see any reason for the developers to turn a fun little game into one that takes up all of our time and effort. Build 10 or 12 Granite Mines? Really??? KEEP IT SIMPLE, ELVENAR DEVELOPERS!!!
I play very intricate, fascinating online games like Elvenar, but all stayed fun little games that take up little storage space. The developers lost sight of that, of what's important, what's fun.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Lol
You're complaining about Dwarf chapter?

What I think Lelanya means is, be prepared for them to get tougher, and tougher, and tougher, and tougher, from here on out. The Dwarf chapter is the easiest of the guest races. But please don't take that to mean there is all work and no play to look forward to ... the chapters are fun, the new buildings and upgrades are rewarding, the wonders get more complex and useful, and in general, the addiction to the game grows. Don't be surprised if the later chapters take 3 or 4 months to complete (EACH). Dwarf could be done fairly easily in a month or so, if you plan it out well.

I suggest you read the Dwarf Guest Race chapter in elvengems.com. That helped me SOOOO much when I first started guest races. Good luck!

Flashfyre

This game is just a game...

Actually, no, this is a simulation, not a game. Games have defined endings, win or lose, and most have a time limit integral to them. This has neither an end result, nor a set time to finish. Simulations are designed to provide the player a means to explore the what-if idea, i.e. what if I were a city manager, how would I run a city? As such, simulations are long-term, slow to move forward, and often have conflicting objectives which the player must resolve.

If you need a distraction from real life, I suggest something like Candy Crush or Solitaire might be more to your liking.

Zoof

I'm more concerned about the fact that the timestamps are a bit... well. Complaining to a post that's nearly two years old? How do you guys even find these things?

(Unless the timestamps are lying like a rug)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm more concerned about the fact that the timestamps are a bit... well. Complaining to a post that's nearly two years old? How do you guys even find these things?

(Unless the timestamps are lying like a rug)
No
I recall this post from past.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The original post is from almost exactly 2 years ago, but since portal profits were added to the game, chapter 6 became the easiest of all the guest race chapters to complete quickly, because there are only two guest race goods and they both come from the portal profits, so nothing more than the portal is needed, for anyone who does not care about following the quests.